How can a Tulpa help me with my addictions and chronic depression?

Hi everyone, I'm a new user here and I was referred here by a member on another forum which I won't name for psychedelic users. He said I might benefit from having a tulpa on my side to aid me in my recovery from drugs and alcohol. I've been using cocaine quite heavily in the past few months, then recently I started using mdma multiple times a week followed by periods of insane depression and irritability.

I would say I'm pretty mentally unstable at this point, I'm going into treatment soon and I'm scared I won't make it. So I was told having a tulpa on my side would help. Thing is I'm an insomniac and sometimes I go days without sleeping, which causes me to feel very paranoid and I can tend to believe there's someone on the other side of my door who's out to get me when there really isn't. I also get intense hallucinations when I'm about to fall asleep but my minds still awake, and I thought I saw a shadowy figure standing overtop of me. Scared the living shit out of me.

So if I were to have a tulpa, I might be afraid of it all the time. Should I create one? Or wait till my minds in the right place?

EDIT - I believe this belongs in the Q&A board, sorry.

Tulpa can reproduce the effects of drugs and reduce the symptoms of withdrawal. However, it takes a long time and a lot of focus to make one, and paranoia could have an adverse effect on it. I can't tell you whether it's the right choice for you. Only you can tell what you can handle.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

Using tulpa as some coping mechanism for the mistakes you made with taking drugs..........seek actual medical and psychological help, tulpa aren't deux ex machinas that makes everything less depressing and perfectly fine when it comes to the realms of drug use and abuse. Of course, it is your life and you choose whatever set of purposes and meanings you want to give your tulpa, but at best, you're just going through a complicated hypnotic process that because of those thought-forms that can presumably help with your addictions and chronic depression, that suddenly things can be better for you right?

You don't really need to create a tulpa for that, because what if you did overcome those addictions and chronic depression, what use will the tulpa have now? Will you help them give new meaning in their life that they're more than a projected excuse for your own incompetence to take responsibility of your own mistakes? Will you just throw them away after things are just fine and dandy?

Like you stated, you're unstable, and your life right now with the eventual treatment is a blank canvas, you don't know which way it will go because of the fear. People can get over addictions from drug abuse and such on their own (along with professional help of course), and maybe after you swallow your pride and seek professional help, you can consider making a tulpa as someone more than just a coping mechanism for one objective.

But of course, I can't tell you what to do no matter how much I try to make you feel bad for yourself here, it's your life, it's your mind that can create coping mechanisms, massage your ego, all sorts of things. Why create a tulpa just for this drug challenge when you can do what's necessary with what your mind can provide in general and the professional help that's there that can help you?

But if you just want to make a tulpa for a specific purpose and time limit, we can't really do much for you, but with the state you're in that you just admitted to us, no one knows what will happen if you decide to do that.

tl;dr: Wait until your mind is in the right place.

I wish you the best in your recovery.

there is an amount of truth to a tulpa in helping u. An yes limits as well, however, you wouldn't want a tulpa to grow in such a state of mind. I mainly reply based on my path close to the one you're on now. I had depression on a deadly scale. My need to pop pills got the better of me an seeing things took its toll.

During this time I was at my tulpas neck, throwing down wen ever he would try to talk to me. But at least u have an advantage, at the time I didn't have a name for what he was. I'm almost as new as you are in the fourm. Once I knew of what I was going through, yes, it helped. but as i say again, to have such a foundation for anything an anyone has it's risks.

Hi everyone, I'm a new user here and I was referred here by a member on another forum which I won't name for psychedelic users. He said I might benefit from having a tulpa on my side to aid me in my recovery from drugs and alcohol. I've been using cocaine quite heavily in the past few months, then recently I started using mdma multiple times a week followed by periods of insane depression and irritability.

I would say I'm pretty mentally unstable at this point, I'm going into treatment soon and I'm scared I won't make it. So I was told having a tulpa on my side would help. Thing is I'm an insomniac and sometimes I go days without sleeping, which causes me to feel very paranoid and I can tend to believe there's someone on the other side of my door who's out to get me when there really isn't. I also get intense hallucinations when I'm about to fall asleep but my minds still awake, and I thought I saw a shadowy figure standing overtop of me. Scared the living shit out of me.

So if I were to have a tulpa, I might be afraid of it all the time. Should I create one? Or wait till my minds in the right place?

EDIT - I believe this belongs in the Q&A board, sorry.

A Tulpa will only become what you see them mate.If your afraid of them then they will try to scare you intentionally trust me I know. But really don't make a Tulpa simply for coping with a addiction its like having a baby simply to be a slave anyway Look mate I have had to cope with a extreme addiction (and on something worse than that) and believe it or not professional help works better than anything they provide medication to help with the detoxification (even if it feels like they are killing you) but it worked wonders on me without a Tulpa .

As for the hallucination's due to insomnia these happen to some people when tired and paranoid probably due to withdrawal.It would be a lie to say I haven't seen these myself but really don't worry about it until it start's occurring regularly .

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

90% of what I want to say has been said already. I'm not going to tell you to just get rid of your problems because that's impossible and I don't know what depression and addiction are like since I've been relatively content with my lot in life for as long as I've been alive.

All I can say is that I wish the best for you and that you should wait until your mind's in the right place to start making a Tulpa (if you still want one when you come out of treatment). According to many people creating one relies so much on the state of your mind; if your mind isn't ready, it could have negative repercussions, such as what happened a while back between Nilink and his Tulpa (I've read the thread on it, it's not pretty). I'm just theorizing at this point, but I think that since positive thoughts are needed for forcing in order to calm your Tulpa down (the human mind can be a scary place), then negative thoughts can have the opposite effect. Whatever, I could be wrong.

In any case, have a good recovery. Since I don't know what's going through your head, I can't tell you that you should do anything during your recovery other than not make a Tulpa. I feel kinda bad telling someone what they can't do, but in this case I really feel like it's for your own good. However, creating a Tulpa is entirely your choice and yours alone. I can't stop you if you decide to the advice given to you during this thread.

TL;DR Don't make a Tulpa. Your mind's not in the right state for it and it could have nasty effects on it which you wouldn't have expected.

Kevin says: Long ago I was depressed and made a tulpa to help. It took 9 years for my tulpa to be strong enough. So it worked, but took a long time.

The worse the problem that needs to be fixed the longer it will take a tulpa to become strong enough to help.

Tl;dr: tulpas are not a quick fix - you'd be better off with conventional treatment.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

A tulpa can help bring you out of a really dark place. I can understand where you're coming from, with the addiction taking over your life. I'm glad you've come to understand you want to think differently. I believe a tulpa is a step in the right direction. I started working on my tulpa after I had already begun experimenting with drugs and I can say it's a struggle for sure; I was always battling myself to put my mind to something and could hardly maintain concentration. A tulpa was a concept that was at the complete opposite side of the mindset spectrum; I was extremely impulsive and I would let my will falter because it was always easier than concentrating on something, while a tulpa needed concentration, awareness, and positivity to mature. I never really got any work done, nor did I make any significant progress in my mental abilities throughout my flaky student years. However, my true interest in bettering myself and developing a strong enough will to control myself and what I feel, the enticement of mysterious adventures I could have with a friend in a lucid dream, and a genuine curiosity about my own potential pushed me to start regularly meditating and develop my self-awareness. The practices that naturally develop while creating a tulpa are indeed some of the most beneficial tools I have in my mental arsenal. I'm by no means complete in my mental endeavors, but i can say the more you walk the path, the more your sense of direction becomes clear. Indeed the first steps are the most painfully difficult, but stick through it. The pain can be impressive, to the point where you're so close to falling back into old habits you might just give up, but I like to think of this battle as my internal proving ground. I think you might be surprised of what you can do when you relieve yourself of doubt and just keep pushing forward. Just remember fear and doubt are your own mechanisms, just as positivity and calmness are.

Tulpa Start Date: August 2012

Tulpa Name: Mana

The thing a tulpa could provide that there are not other ways of achieving is having someone (your tulpa) always be present to provide support and reminders to no relapse.

The other ways a tulpa could help could also be achieved through (self-)hypnosis. Basically this would involve augmenting your willpower so you can successfully quit. Some tulpa guides provide links to resources on the subject of self-hypnosis hould you decide to try it.

Now trying a second time after increased school work cause failure last year.

My senior project was a major time sink once it really got under way.

I hope the best for you, and what should be said has been, so in going to try and hit another topic relating to what you're going through.

To start, using MDMA frequently is going to screw up your seratonin levels. Just using it once will cause depression the next day. Taking MDMA is like using your seratonin all at once. Cocaine of course, effects your seratonin as well but not on the same level. These are well known side effects, so unless you're truly on the border of seratonin syndrome, I assure you, with help you will be okay.

Secondly, you mention hallucinations before falling asleep. This is called hypnogogic imagery and is completely normal. The feeling of someone standing above you is also a common symptom of sleep paralysis and hypnogogic imagery, sometimes called "old hag syndrom" back in the 16th to 19th centuries.

Whether you decide to make a tulpa or not, I just wanted you to know that you'll make it through. Most of all, it's important to let you know you're not the only one who has experienced these things. Once you get help rebalancing your seratonin levels, I think you'll feel much better. You've been having drugs do your brains job for you essentially, so now you just need to let your brain get back to work. I think after that, a tulpa would be beneficial.