Wonderland Questions

Nerd Guru

Ever since I've started I've seen stories of things happening in the wonderland seemingly outside of the tulpamancer's (for lack of a better term) control, but it seems like I have TOO much control over the wonderland, so much so that it's affecting my tulpa's ability to use it effectively.

VERY LARGE EDIT: Now that I have more information, it's also come to my attention that that's not a question. So now that I've got more information I'm going to come around to making this into an actual least somewhat answerable question

How do you become immersed into your wonderland, or enter that trance state? How do you release your ties with the world around you and become more aware of your wonderland than the blackness of your closed eyes? Right now it seems like my minds eye is trapped. It all feels very distant. It's hard to describe so expect some more editing to make my questions clearer

anyone who disagrees are dumb.

I'm gonna put this as my sig.

That's probably because you're being attached to the thought that if you control it, that your tulpa can't be flexible within the wonderland. Obviously other aspects of your mind are going to play a larger role in sustaining the contents within the wonderland, and most of the time you're just consciously concentrating on being aware of what's within it.

In short, you'll just have to keep practicing visualizing the wonderland to where it comes into your mind naturally without you having too much difficulty in sustaining awareness in it. Or you can just forget having a wonderland altogether, I personally have no wonderland for my tulpas, whenever I force, there always seems to be a different environment every time. This helps me focus more on my tulpa rather than the environment because the rest of my mind is going to handle the technicalities that may get out of control.

And because the more I allow the mind to make random environments, it adds on to having better skill in visualizing should I want to make a wonderland for them and myself.

That's probably because you're being attached to the thought that if you control it, that your tulpa can't be flexible within the wonderland. Obviously other aspects of your mind are going to play a larger role in sustaining the contents within the wonderland, and most of the time you're just consciously concentrating on being aware of what's within it.

In short, you'll just have to keep practicing visualizing the wonderland to where it comes into your mind naturally without you having too much difficulty in sustaining awareness in it. Or you can just forget having a wonderland altogether, I personally have no wonderland for my tulpas, whenever I force, there always seems to be a different environment every time. This helps me focus more on my tulpa rather than the environment because the rest of my mind is going to handle the technicalities that may get out of control.

And because the more I allow the mind to make random environments, it adds on to having better skill in visualizing should I want to make a wonderland for them and myself.

I was prompted to ask this after reading articles like glitchthe3rd's abridged story and Chupi's description of being locked out of the wonderland, or his tulpa plunging into the dangerous unknowns of the wonderland. I guess I want to know if the wonderland can really become something out of your control--a wilderness you roam through while tulpaforcing

Out of your conscious control, yes, but it can be stable without your control as well. Those anecdotes were mostly just worst case scenarios, and unless they're still occurring for those individuals, over time, stabilization of the wonderland without your conscious control is highly probable.

Gravitating towards those worst case scenarios of instability can make you build expectations of it being applicable to you as well, which is why you should just take those articles/stories with a grain of salt and shift your awareness towards positives in sustaining a wonderland.

Out of your conscious control, yes, but it can be stable without your control as well. Those anecdotes were mostly just worst case scenarios, and unless they're still occurring for those individuals, over time, stabilization of the wonderland without your conscious control is highly probable.

Gravitating towards those worst case scenarios of instability can make you build expectations of it being applicable to you as well, which is why you should just take those articles/stories with a grain of salt and shift your awareness towards positives in sustaining a wonderland.

Well now's the time to attempt to release control. I just underwent a completely random wonderland change, my tulpa (or remnants thereof, I was only JUST able to start back forcing) is nowhere to be found, and the wonderland is astonishingly beautiful.

Poor visualization is one thing that leads to too much control. When you have to consciously try to see every object to make anything appear, you're going to see what you want to see or your memory of it as you left it. To see things a tulpa has changed or explore new areas you need to be able to see things as they are someplace else in the mind -- your actual wonderland, not a memory or idea of it.

So, visualization that's good enough to let stuff just appear where you look is key. This can be pure mind's eye, even if it's abstracted to the point where there's no image in your mind; or it can be "projected" so you feel as though you're actually seeing it, as in a dream; or anything in between.

You might have to put a small bit of effort into learning to passively observe without creating. An exercise that comes to mind is to create something and put it in motion. Notice how you're willing it to move and it does precisely what you make it do and nothing more. Now give it a reason to keep moving on its own -- a motor driving it, the wind, momentum, "because I ordered it to do so", whatever makes the most sense in your mind. Let go of your constant control over it and begin just watching it. It might keep going, stop down, grind to a halt, or freak out. Regardless, notice how it feels different to observe it do something rather than to consciously force it to do everything. Get used to this passive observation mode, you'll be using it a lot.

Note: Passive observation might be easier if you relax and get into a light trance.

Now to see if you can passively observe a whole scene with no previous knowledge of it. If you visualize well open-eye, read along as you do it. Else pre-read everything and then do.

Visualize nothingness, passively observing. You are standing in a black void. Step forward and a door will appear in front of you. Behind this door is a hallway. Open it and walk into the hall. Stop and observe it... what is the hall like? Walk down it. Find some door someplace in it (your hall will vary). You don't know where this door will lead, it could go anywhere. Slowly open it and see what's there.

Note that both the occurrences you read from me happened in at least a light trance. I have some mental control-freak issues as well, though my level of control and perceived need for it diminishes when I'm in a trance.

When I got locked out of my wonderland, I was forcing, which for me at the time generally meant super relaxed and focused pretty well on mental senses. The other important thing there was an especially frustrated tulpa. She normally doesn't do such extreme things and obviously put an extraordinary amount of effort into kicking me out. Still not sure how she did it, but for a few moments I simply could not form the image of the wonderland in my mind's eye. Shortly afterward I could visualize it, and shortly after that I could place myself in it again, so it's not like it took me that much work to basically reverse what she did.

The times we've plunged into unknown areas, I was in a near-dream state. Note that in most cases when you're in a dream you don't have godlike powers over everything. Heck, you often even do stuff without real control over the body you have in the dream. When I get into my near-dream state, images are dim but are simply there without effort making them appear, and I lose the ability to generate stuff at will though I retain control over myself.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I have a normal home and a holiday home so when I'm not at home I'll use it as my wonderland. When I'm at home I'll use my holiday home as my wonderland and sometimes I'll even use school.

On a short note, I just use a place that I'm familiar with, but that I'm not at. I find that if I use my home as my wonderland whilst I'm at home, It's terribly hard to concentrate because of other people being there.

But that's just what I found easiest to visualize.

Tulpa: Alex

Sex: Female

Visual Age: 5 ½ years old

Actual Age: A month old

Form: Humanoid

I meant to say this earlier.

Don't confuse my curiosity and worry for fear; I don't want to know why unsettling things may happen in the wonderland outside of the owner's control to try to prevent it, I want to know out of curiosity. I'm more curious to know how to enter a sort of "near-dream state" so there ARE unknowns to explore. Another problem for me has been switching to my mind's eye completely. Closed-eye visualization is really difficult for me just because I have such a hard time switching to my mind's eye and getting into that "trance" state instead of getting distracted by the darkness.

EDIT: Put simply, I have a really hard time becoming immersed in the wonderland. Chupi described it best, it's a problem of entering a "near dream state"

My method for achieving the trance is pretty much like floating in water. Like floating, you simply cease all movement (in this case turn off your mind and don't think), but at the same time you don't focus on ceasing all movement (i.e. don't make a big deal out of dissipating thoughts, just let them float on by till they leave) or else you'll end up sinking. This method should allow you to be able to hit the trance. I usually "experience" my wonderland at the same time along or after this method to help make my wonderland more vivid.

If you don't understand anything I said or need more details, feel free to ask.

My method for achieving the trance is pretty much like floating in water. Like floating, you simply cease all movement (in this case turn off your mind and don't think), but at the same time you don't focus on ceasing all movement (i.e. don't make a big deal out of dissipating thoughts, just let them float on by till they leave) or else you'll end up sinking. This method should allow you to be able to hit the trance. I usually "experience" my wonderland at the same time along or after this method to help make my wonderland more vivid.

If you don't understand anything I said or need more details, feel free to ask.

I think that covers my questions. If it doesn't work I'll just ask you via PM. If it's important enough maybe I won't let this thread die