Short Tulpa Film a bad idea?

Ginger Ninja11

So im currently a student studying film studies at college. Recently we've been given a task to create a short five minute film about anything we want. I had ideas playing around in my head, until suddenly I thought 'why not do a tulpa movie?' (research led me to find only one movie centred around tulpa's, and it's Italian.)

But the general idea of the film is that a guy, suffering from depression and isolation, creates a tulpa, but it's a rouge/evil/malicious tulpa that eventually kills him/kills himself, for the purpose of the film of course.

But will thinking about this quite often change the mind-set of my recently formed tulpa? will it become what I envision in the film, even though I try to reassure it that those thoughts are purely fictional? Any advice would be great.

-Creative one-liner here-

-Comment about a user here-

-tulpa Progress report here-

-symbol here-

-more text-

-Quote #2-

So im currently a student studying film studies at college. Recently we've been given a task to create a short five minute film about anything we want. I had ideas playing around in my head, until suddenly I thought 'why not do a tulpa movie?' (research led me to find only one movie centred around tulpa's, and it's Italian.)

But the general idea of the film is that a guy, suffering from depression and isolation, creates a tulpa, but it's a rouge/evil/malicious tulpa that eventually kills him/kills himself, for the purpose of the film of course.

But will thinking about this quite often change the mind-set of my recently formed tulpa? will it become what I envision in the film, even though I try to reassure it that those thoughts are purely fictional? Any advice would be great.

It almost certainly won't, as long as you think of this tulpa in the movie as a seperate being, it'll be A-okay. If you really want to, reassure your tulpa that you don't think that the tulpa in the movie is anything like that. Don't worry about it. Like many things, it will only affect the tulpa if you think it will.

One Tulpa:

Name: Yuki

Physical appearance: Similar to Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist

Date of Creation: 16th September, 2013

More creepypasta? It has been done before, several times (well, three). Hmm, rouge tulpa kills himself? That one hasn't been done yet.

Of course the classic example is

I suppose you could define it as a creepypasta, but in a video term. Like I've said, I've only found one evidence of a video/movie that isn't defined as documentary/informational. your contribution brings it up to two.

-symbol here-

-more text-

-Quote #2-

Guest Anonymous

I suppose you could define it as a creepypasta, but in a video term. Like I've said, I've only found one evidence of a video/movie that isn't defined as documentary/informational. your contribution brings it up to two.

Bring it down to one, the only thing "Tulpa" (the Italian movie) has to do with tulpas is the title.

Bring it down to one, the only thing "Tulpa" (the Italian movie) has to do with tulpas is the title.

really? was going to watch it with translation to see how it portraits it, but If it has nothing to do with it, then I guess that'un's a bust

-symbol here-

-more text-

-Quote #2-

Guest Anonymous

This may be a good inspiration.

Simply put, no, it won't.

Short Tulpa Film a bad idea?

In my most honest opinion, yes. Not because writing a brief screenplay wherein

...a guy, suffering from depression and isolation, creates a tulpa, but it's a rouge/evil/malicious tulpa that eventually kills him/kills himself...

is going to

...change the mind-set of my recently formed tulpa [...] even though I try to reassure it that those thoughts are purely fictional...

but because the topic finds exposure almost exclusively in the horror genre. I don't like the idea of encouraging further debasement* for cheap thrills when there are other far less exploited genres with which to present the tulpa phenomenon.

(Obviously my critique is null and void if your given assignment was to produce a compulsory horror film. In that case, god speed!)

That said, no one can guarantee your tulpa won't deviate toward being a bastard. Negative exposure, anxiety, and subconscious variables could effect your thoughtforms in much the same way your dreams can be influenced. But if your tulpa is well and truly established, a permanent 180 seems an unlikely outcome.

Unless you manage the same plot with a My Little Pony tulpa, in which case you have all my blessings.

Well, there is the Twilight Zone

, all the stuff in the thread http://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-and-tulpa-like-things-in-the-media , and the film Harvey.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.