Raising your kids to know and practice tulpamancy

JaySkyecrest

Those of you who are parents, and even those who arent, have you ever considered raising your children to know about tulpae, and forcing from an early age? If there are those that have done this already, are there notable differences in their personalities and possibly learning curve? If there aren't people who have done it, what do you think would happen?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there would be a learning curve, considering a young child's wild imagination things could be much easier for them to visualize, impose, etc. versus some of the other members on here, including myself sometimes. As for personalities, there would probably be notable differences in terms of sentience and maybe even confidence levels for both the host and Tulpa, especially since the child would have someone to go to for advice if needed. Nonetheless, I would worry about if my child is becoming too dependent on the Tulpa. That could become unhealthy. I would try my hardest not to get too invasive, though. Otherwise I think it's a good idea...

Me: So, talk to me about why I'm your dream boy.

Him: This is going to be a short conversation.

Me: Ha, ha, ha! That's so mean!

Being around the community for over two years now, children under about 17 or so are the most likely to do really shitty things to them, get sick of them and let them die, abuse them in horrible ways. Please don't tell children about this. They're literally the worst. Don't let them have absolute power over another entity.

I think somebody has to be at an age of adult maturity before they can decide to make a /lifelong/ decision like that.

Also, what Hush said. A thousand times what Hush said.

Being around the community for over two years now, children under about 17 or so are the most likely to do really shitty things to them, get sick of them and let them die, abuse them in horrible ways. Please don't tell children about this. They're literally the worst. Don't let them have absolute power over another entity.

I respect your opinion, Hush, but considering the fact that I'm a teenager, too, don't you think that's a bit biased? There are plenty of responsible teens on the forums who have healthy Tulpae. Furthermore, I'm sure some adults have done the same things you describe to their Tulpae before. As unfortunate as it is, age is not always a factor when dealing with irresponsible hosts. It seems to be wherever they learned about the Tulpa phenomenon from, and how much time they dedicated into reading up on it. I think it's more of a domino effect, and that's why the majority of bad hosts are teens. They tell their friends a stripped down version of what a Tulpa really is, propose ways it could the Tulpa could be used strictly for the hosts benefit and spread it on social media...

>but considering the fact that I'm a teenager, too, don't you think that's a bit biased?

What?

>There are plenty of responsible teens on the forums who have healthy Tulpae. Furthermore, I'm sure some adults have done the same things you describe to their Tulpae before. As unfortunate as it is, age is not always a factor when dealing with irresponsible hosts.

Okay, clearly children aren't the only shitty hosts, and some of them are perfectly good at creating life long partners in life for a mutually nurturing relationship. The fact that they tend to be a demographic much more likely to abuse or dissipate their tulpa is still unavoidable, and we shouldn't be targeting that demographic.

Guest amber5885

This is not my return to the community I just feel the need to say something here.

Tulpas are basically imaginary friends.

Argue with me all you want but the Truth still stands that tulpas are simply put imaginary friends.

For most children that have them they are there own people with thoughts, feelings and ideas sometimes differing from their own. Most children will insist that their imaginary friends be treated as seperate people up to and including setting a place for them at the table,

There is no need to raise a child to belive in tulpas as 90% of children will create one on there own anyhow.

Okay, clearly children aren't the only shitty hosts, and some of them are perfectly good at creating life long partners in life for a mutually nurturing relationship. The fact that they tend to be a demographic much more likely to abuse or dissipate their tulpa is still unavoidable, and we shouldn't be targeting that demographic.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. It sucks that whenever things like this are discovered and brought to main stream it has to be ruined somehow, especially for some of the best candidates.

If calling them imaginary friends means you don't think they're entities with any real will, sentience, or whatever, all the good stuff humans have, I can't argue. Maybe they are, maybe not. But if they might be, the moral thing to do is to treat them as if they are.

What I would do is teach my children about meditation, visualization and imposition when they're still in the single digit ages. Children can definitely handle that. And if they end up imposing an imaginary friend, I'll teach them how to keep them secret.

Hush seems to be talking about young teens. I have complete faith in kids who are still in the single digits to treat their imaginary friends well. We have lots of great examples in our community. Amber and Toby, notably.

And to be fair, many young teens are decent people as well.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson