[split] Debate on the validity of terms in the scientific tulpa community

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Split from this thread. - sushi

The amount of tumblr words in the title of this thread disturbs me considering this is meant to be a scientific community, not a 14 year olds roleplay blog.

I mean, really. "Mixed System"? "Headmates"? Have some dignity people.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am a science man. I love my tuppers and enjoy forcing in our wonderland.

... Okay that's actually all I've got, I don't use any special terms. Point is people can say whatever they want to refer to the same thing. Although it's a bit silly when someone says they have a tulpa, a soulbond, a daemon, a walk-in, a split and an alter ego all at once. I have five tulpas and a servitor I treat like a tulpa. Easy.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

The amount of tumblr words in the title of this thread disturbs me considering this is meant to be a scientific community, not a 14 year olds roleplay blog.

I could agree with you on headmates (I still don't quite get what that means,) but mixed system has been a term in the plurality community since before Tumblr. It literally just means a system with different types of members. For example, my 4 alters and my 3 Tulpas.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

Guest Anonymous

Although I may get banned by Stevie for three weeks for this (long story) I feel overwhelmingly compelled to respond to this one. First, I am emotionally pretty much a fourteen year old. Second, my host Davie is a huge role playing game person. So you are very intuitive.

As for "having some dignity," Davie and I have plenty of dignity, intelligence, articulate expression, knowledge, world experience and grace.

Let me help you. Tulpa Info is hardly a scientific community sweetie. There is very little science in it. OH and it's not much of a community either. More like an internet website for subculture nerds.

Also, for 99% of the world outside of the tulpa "community," this entire forum would be a 14 year old's role playing blog. Sorry to wreck your vision. Don't let this tulpa stuff go to your head too much (pun somewhat intentional).

I could agree with you on headmates (I still don't quite get what that means,)

Head.. mate. Head friend. A friend in and of your head.

If you think that's weird, I'd like to introduce you to the term "soulbond." I thought it was something super metaphysical when I first heard it, but apparently it literally just means tulpa, with extra context for how they were created. Most commonly with an author writing a character who becomes sentient, but also applicable to tulpa-adaptations of other existing characters, I think. I dunno. Headmate is pretty obvious.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

[Tri] The term "headmate" comes from the soulbonding community back a long time ago and was then adopted by the plural communities at large. It wasn't a tumblr thing really, though the word got widely adopted there.

As for "mixed system" (and "mixed origin system"), Hail, our host, was the one who introduced that word to this community. The concept already existed in the plural community, but she coined that particular phrasing without seeing it elsewhere, though it was probably coined independently by others in the community in the past spontaneously a number of times. It is pretty trivial to come up with that term.

But more importantly, so what if a word came from tumblr. We aren't Daffy Duck here. If a useful thing comes from a less than reputable source or one that one doesn't like, why discard it just due to its source.

The different ways a system chooses to classify themselves could be useful knowledge, in a place like this. Perhaps it could provide a little insight to how they were formed or how they function.

It raises some offshoot questions. How many tulpamancers have other experiences with plurality besides tulpamancy? Does it make creating a tulpa easier? Does it interfere with creating a tulpa?

That is how we see it. There is an opportunity for insight by noticing patterns.

As for your questions, we have a few answers. It seems that a decent number of folks here do have experiences with plurality other than tulpamancy, or were plural in a way they can't tell which way (as in they had a headmate from a long time ago and they aren't sure about origin so they could be a tulpa or they may not be). Not sure what percentage, though. We would say that it is higher than in the general population. As for whether it makes making a tulpa easier or if it interferes, from most stories we have read and people we have talked to, being plural before tulpamancy makes making a tulpa easier and it generally doesn't interfere. We are a bit of an exception in that it took Hail a ton of time and effort to create the five tulpas here despite being plural for almost two decades when she made us and E. (the first four tulpas here).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

Let me help you. Tulpa Info is hardly a scientific community sweetie. There is very little science in it. OH and it's not much of a community either. More like an internet website for subculture nerds.

Well that is very upsetting considering the site was originally created to distance ourselves from the tumblr crowd and be as scientific as possible, something Im amazed Pleeb hasnt kept up.

Thanks for the condescending PM by the way. Very nice.

Guest Anonymous

Well that is very upsetting considering the site was originally created to distance ourselves from the tumblr crowd and be as scientific as possible, something Im amazed Pleeb hasnt kept up.

Thanks for the condescending PM by the way. Very nice.

That's the spirit! You just keep believing! Meanwhile refrain from derailing my threads with your own condescending remarks about our OP and Melian will refrain from sending you "condescending" PMs in return.

In short, be nice, and if you have nothing positive to contribute just don't say anything MonsterKid. Please end it here, this argument is pointless and has nothing to do with the OP. Others are interested in it and responding with interesting information. All you seem to want to do is disrupt it. Please don't. If you continue with it, you are just being a troll at that point.

Guest Anonymous

That's the spirit! You just keep believing! Meanwhile refrain from derailing my threads with your own condescending remarks about our OP and Melian will refrain from sending you "condescending" PMs in return.

In short, be nice, and if you have nothing positive to contribute just don't say anything MonsterKid. Please end it here, this argument is pointless and has nothing to do with the OP. Others are interested in it and responding with interesting information. All you seem to want to do is disrupt it. Please don't. If you continue with it, you are just being a troll at that point.

Im sorry, I didnt realise you only wanted positive comments. Unfortunately, this is the real world where you have to take criticism. Choice of words is very important in a scientific setting and, as such, I called you out on it.

>If you argue with me and my just plain wrong idea of what the site was created for, you are just being a troll

N I C E.

Guest Anonymous

Im sorry, I didnt realise you only wanted positive comments. Unfortunately, this is the real world where you have to take criticism. Choice of words is very important in a scientific setting and, as such, I called you out on it.

>If you argue with me and my just plain wrong idea of what the site was created for, you are just being a troll

N I C E.

The point of the OP was not to debate the validity of the terms "head mate" and "mixed system." It was to find out how many people feel they have more than one type of thoughtform.

For Science Zealot: A person who uses the “For Science” badge to police the forum against infidels, heretics and outsiders who would pollute the purity of “tulpa science” with unacceptable terms, views, ideas and concepts.

Keep up the good work!