Age limit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Make a two page autobiographical essay and passing a tulpa facts quiz, based on study available study materials, a prereq for becoming a member. :-) They have to watch a lecture video produced by Mistgod, who is a teacher. Quiz to follow.

Wait, forget that. I wouldn't have joined under those prerequisites.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm. Well, it would be a very long, boring video lecture on the physiology of the brain, Jungian psychology, Tibetan mysticism, meditation and visualization techniques, the fundamentals of beginning tulpamancy and internet forum ethics and protocols. There would also be a segment on Melian Speak cutsie words. I would include a panel of experts of course and lots of confusing visual diagrams.

Hmmm. Well, it would be a very long, boring video lecture on the physiology of the brain, Jungian psychology, Tibetan mysticism, meditation and visualization techniques, the fundamentals of beginning tulpamancy and internet forum ethics and protocols. There would also be a segment on Melian Speak cutsie words. I would include a panel of experts of course and lots of confusing visual diagrams.

This actually sounds really cool and I'd definitely watch it. However, for the average user, this might be too much for a prerequisite just to join the site. This would make a great complimentary resource to have though (you should totally do it).

I think an article detailing information about tulpas and having a small quiz to see if they were paying attention would be perfectly fine. They're coming here to learn about tulpas after all. Doesn't have to be complicated.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

You missed the humor point entirely. I was joking. The joke was that video and quiz would discourage those under 18 from joining. It was all said tongue-in-cheek.

You missed the humor point entirely. I was joking. The joke was that video and quiz would discourage those under 18 from joining. It was all said tongue-in-cheek.

You didn't go far enough then, lol.

Sorry, I was pretty tired, so I wasn't really looking into it except thinking how neat the idea was. The panel of experts and lots of confusing visual diagrams should of told me, but I didn't really process it. (That said, I still think the small quiz wouldn't be all that bad, honestly)

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Leave to Melian and I to, while goofing around, come up with something that would possibly work. We can be dangerous. So instead of an age limit, a quiz? Interesting. I think there would be cheaters before long. It would have to be a small app with randomly selected questions from a data pool. That way someone cannot predict or know what the questions will be. I don't want to take that quiz myself. This is a terrible idea!

The children looking at this site are too young to see dank memes just yet. But Chupi, what are YOUR thoughts on it?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

From over a year and a half of experience, let me tell you this: people will make a tupper even if you tell them not to. Making an ageist limit on the site won't really help, people will just fake their age. As long as they can understand and follow the rules, what harm have they done?

Exactly! If you can't tell what age they are besides what they tell you, then their age hasn't had a significant effect on their addition or subtraction to the forum as a whole.

Also if you do set an age limit, what are you going to do with all the current members under the limit? (probably includes me)

Also I know that for legal reasons we do have an actual age limit of 13 due to COPPA. Or rather, one is required to input a day that is at least 13 years ago.

I agree that if Mistgod's quiz was required I would've never joined the site.

Probably would've gone something like this:

"They have people in their heads on purpose that they talk to regularly? Cool!"

"Oh they want me to take a quiz. Fuck that."

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc