Mistgod Babble Thread

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So far no one is disagreeing, so I might as well play devil's advocate.

A tulpa could be considered artificial and just the mind playing tricks, but what about their ability to learn and, in some cases, recall forgotten memories, or aid their host in ways other artificial thoughtforms could not?

Do they do those things or are we just doing something and not realizing that we are doing it ourselves? People use all kinds of tricks to do memory recall and hypnosis has caused people do to all kinds of things they can't remember later.

Anyway you are not playing the game right. Silly person. Are tulpas make believe? Yes or no. If you say yes, they are make believe, can they be make believe and real at the same time?

Are tulpas make believe that is real? Doesn't that seem illogical to you at all?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, really? Oops, sorry about that man. Hehe....

In that case, I do not believe they are make believe. (Well, I technically do, but that is given given this forum's standard idea for what dictates what a tulpa is, so no one will likely debate you, and I'm curious to see where this goes.)

Guest Anonymous

Well, Esterina started existing without me noticing it, so I at least didn't "actively" make her (though probably still unconsciously... I suppose).

And she still merrily goes on with whatever she does when I'm not paying attention, or even when I'm sleeping.

So it seems she's just fine without my belief in her (though I think me not believing in her would probably make her really sad).

Hmmm. Uhhhh Hmmmmm

Okay you get some points. I didn't actively consciously create Melian either. Not sure if I could ever not believe in her.

DAMN IT. so... by that Melian is correct in a way, she is not make believe any more than Rina is.

Wait. Are you agreeing that tulpas are indeed make believe then? LOL And if they are make believe, can tulpas be make believe and real at the same time?

basically yeah XD and uh, that's pretty much how i've always thought of them. i've yet to experience anything that'd qualify them as anything but purely machinations of our own mind though, so empirical evidence points to no. i'd like to believe otherwise though, so i'm gonna keep trying and hopefully something will happen to disprove me, or us i suppose. X3

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, really? Oops, sorry about that man. Hehe....

In that case, I do not believe they are make believe. (Well, I technically do, but that is given given this forum's standard idea for what dictates what a tulpa is, so no one will likely debate you, and I'm curious to see where this goes.)

I think AGGuy already killed my argument to dust. Some tulpas are accidental, as in just walkins not consciously made up, and some tulpas would hang around even if the host tried to disbelieve in them. In others words, the host does not need to actively try to believe. It is sort of a good counter argument I guess, a little. I suppose.

Hmmm.

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm. Uhhhh Hmmmmm

Okay you get some points. I didn't actively consciously create Melian either. Not sure if I could ever not believe in her.

DAMN IT. so... by that Melian is correct in a way, she is not make believe any more than Rina is.

The arguer has been out-argued!

HA! Play me off, Johnny!

You're an idiot.

Don't you ruin this for me!

Greets,

AG & Rina

Guest Anonymous

basically yeah XD and uh, that's pretty much how i've always thought of them. i've yet to experience anything that'd qualify them as anything but purely machinations of our own mind though, so empirical evidence points to no. i'd like to believe otherwise though, so i'm gonna keep trying and hopefully something will happen to disprove me, or us i suppose. X3

Cool. :-) I already learned something from this thread. I always get something out of stirring the pot. Someone always stumps me with something.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I'll have an experiment with Esterina now (so I just decided, I didn't actually tell her yet what it is xD).

We'll go over to the kitchen now (more room than here) and she'll stand there, and I'll try everything in my power to "think her away", to look there and NOT see her.

We'll report back afterwards.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

The arguer has been out-argued!

HA! Play me off, Johnny!

You're an idiot.

Don't you ruin this for me!

Greets,

AG & Rina

So Rina was a walk in? I mean she just suddenly appeared like Melian did with me?

Well, to be accurate, Melian's form appeared and her personality and autonomy developed later. But it was never a PLAN or trying to make something. It was just day dreaming.

Actually, I'll have an experiment with Esterina now (so I just decided, I didn't actually tell her yet what it is xD).

We'll go over to the kitchen now (more room than here) and she'll stand there, and I'll try everything in my power to "think her away", to look there and NOT see her.

We'll report back afterwards.

Greets,

AG

Okay.

What if it works? That sounds dangerous.