Can Other People Sense Your Tulpa(s)?

Guest Anonymous

Are you yawning right now?

Don't know what that has to do with anything, but no, I am not.

People in New York are probably exhausted by the fast-paced and stressed life they live up there. I would not be surprised in the least if they were more tired and prone to yawn contagion.

There are two explanations I can see here, depending on how you found out about this.

1. Your tulpa told you that he followed the guy.

2. The guy told you that he felt something following him, and your tulpa confirmed it.

Either way, via confirmation bias and the power of suggestion, you matched what your tulpa told you to what the guy told you about his day. He probably had a pretty typical experience, like going to work and such, so your tulpa's report matched pretty well with it.

Here's the specifics: Without telling him any visual details, (on purpose) I concentrated on what my tulpa looked like (mind you, I can't actually visualize). He entered a meditative state and tried to pick up on anything- he got nothing, or random non-related things. (According to what I've read, plain telepathy attempts are similarly fraught with this, and generally have to be both translated into a different mind or thinking and pieced together through different associations. A perfectly quiet mind, which neither of us has, is required for clarity. And even then you have to concentrate on 'shouting' the message mentally as much as you can.)

A few months later, he was describing various entities he interacted with- a 'guide', a wood sprite, another I don't remember, and a black figure. I chatted with his guide through him, asking questions about what he was and where he came from.

We figured out that his guide was a past life, twice removed. Or at least, that's what it 'said.' That in itself was pretty awesome.

Then, randomly, he said he was getting a lot of the color purple for some reason. It was really close to him, and seemed insistent. I asked which presence it was, and he said it felt like the black one.

My tulpa admitted to me that it was him, and he had been following him around. (He wears a black suit and has purple skin). He became slightly more clear in the guy's head, (though I believe he is not really great at visualization, either) and introduced himself properly. My friend was glad to have the identity of two of them now.

Gaster 8: And I was glad to get to know one of Green's friends. I was not relaying what happened to him. He gave my two most distinguishable features without prompting. I of course can understand why if that's not enough evidence for you. But that is the closest to 'single-blind' we got, as the other two were informed of us beforehand, and one has not achieved visualization of us yet. Hm. I don't remember whether you described us to your Hindu friend or not.

I know that I at least told him you have six arms. But aside from that, I don't think I told him anything else. And of course, you can always shapeshift and test if he picks up on the difference.

Ah. Good idea.

The trick is getting together two other people whose first impulse won't be to lock us up in a mental ward.

Surely your Holistic Education friends would be open-minded enough for this?

Yeah. Probably. Hm.

And of course, all of this might hinge on how diligent you are in meditating. This haphazard business won't do anymore. So hop to it, Miss Bunny Lady.

Huh. I'd expect 4 to be bossy, but you?

I have my moments.

Actually, you are. Most of my experience with hypnotism is via text, but it's even easier over the phone. People tend to think that you need to go into a deep trance for hypnosis to affect you -- you don't.

Okay, so, even coming from a totally materialist perspective here, you're essentially saying that I'm good at hypnotism? Cool.

Gaster 8: Or that he is good at putting himself in a suggestible- 'meditative' state.

Well thanks for taking the wind out of my sails, buddy.

Gaster 8: You're very welcome. Heh heh heh.

Milton Erickson . . . just talk about growing tomatoes or playing baseball, and his subject would be healed.

Whoa, really? Well, sign me up to be a healer.

*scurries off to read about this guy*

This is why things like telepathy, in spite of being experimented on many times, are considered metaphysics and not science.

Well, I don't see a section specifically dealing with double-blind vs. not, but these are relevant to the claim that there is positive bias going on. https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/skeptical_fallacies#skeptical_fallacies_biased_observers https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence#summary_evidence_scole

Will look at it again later, probably.

Heck, if any of what I gave above about observers, belief, or collective consciousness has any basis in reality, nonbelievers could have a metaphysical suppression effect on outcomes. Ha ha. XD

Would it be fair at all to suppose this, a sort of the sheep-and-goat-effect at large, and request that everyone- or at least most people- conducting the double blind experiment be believers? Would that affect the validity of the experiment, if it were still double-blind?

You're right, and I wish they would do this, but they don't.

I'm just pointing out that, if you are indeed in the belly of the beast, instead of trying to convince them from a secular or a scientific point of view, you should attempt a theological one instead.

After all, children's lives could depend on it.

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My significant other can sense Jamie's presence, and has also interacted with him on multiple occasions when he is possessing.

He has no issue with her and enjoys spending time with her, but she vehemently does not get along with him.

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]

I noticed that many people there would yawn when I asked them to just imagine someone yawning. Or they'd yawn just from reading something I wrote about people yawning, something like this paragraph you're reading. And this would happen no matter how much they tried to resist yawning. Are you yawning right now?

Nope! Felt the urge, though. For some reason Lumi trained himself to be able to resist that, along with hiccups and such, if he focused on it. He specifically doesn't yawn when someone else yawns and he's not tired I think, that's what it felt like. Like you writing that, made me not yawn. Still do it if we are also tired of course though. Nature norms!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

During Chara's short life, none of my family or friends noticed her. Considering my belief in "conciousness comes from the brain", which is furthered by the fact we can literally create seperate people in our minds, I don't really see how anyone could notice someone who doesn't exist physically's presence. That's just me though, so...

How does creating a separate consciousness support or work against the materialist hypothesis? It has nothing to do with consciousness arising from the brain, or not . . . it's just a separation.

It at the very least refutes the Determinism hypothesis, in that you can direct something very specific and dramatic just through will alone.

Just want to point out, the people who propose the other way around from materialism, aren't saying that the brain isn't involved and doesn't shape consciousness, they merely say it is a receiver. You or what happens to you can tune it to get different stations, static, or clarity, etc.

According to testimony, the majority of people are not sensitive to metaphysical things without training first. Unless some of your family claimed to be psychic. Then you could use the tulpa to test them, haha.

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing