Any Overwatch Players?

SquareWave

Hi, I was wondering if there were any Overwatch players on this forum. If so, who do you main and what rank are you?

Me - Pharah, high silver

Pixie - Doomfist, unranked

Follery - Winston, unranked

Fun Facts:

1) I'm a furry.

2) I make video game music (and I’m on my way to getting paid for it!)

3) I'm the host of Pixie and Follery.

4) I get along with cats better than people.

[01110101 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01101001 01110100]

We don't play Overwatch anymore because it has some serious issues with whether or not it's actually fun. PvP games always have this problem, but Overwatch seemed like it might not, at first. Lumi played 19 straight hours on the first open beta day and some similarly stupid amount on release day too, with his friend who'd go on to reach #70 at one point, although he's left for other games like PUBG these days. According to that friend (who was obviously Grandmaster), if we played comp we would easily have been at least Platinum and maybe Diamond.

Lumi exclusively played D.Va, due to the rabbit theme mostly I assume, and liking how she played. When he came back to the game like four seasons later (only played Season 1), he played some Ana after watching Star_/Ster, but didn't consider himself good enough at her compared to D.Va. So, assuming we had actually played comp with our friend, we'd be at least Diamond, because our friend was good enough to carry people there if they were competent.

I literally googled "Overwatch Grandmaster" to make sure it was one word and saw this result for somebody at GM rank quitting for the same reason our friend did, and close to why we did. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759340096

While we didn't actually get into comp because we knew it would be like that, we quit for the same reason: it's just not fun. TF2 is the only PvP game we've played consistently (2600 hours-ish), and that's because the players aren't toxic and don't take things too seriously. Let's just say Overwatch couldn't say the same.

So, just to put it in your format.. if we played still:

Lumi - D.Va, no comp but our GM friend says we'd be Diamond (or at least Plat if on our own)

Me - If I played, probably Ana, seems like she's the most overall useful character to get good at. I assure you I could get to Plat on my own if it's possible.

Lucilyn - Quit, this game has her dishonorable mark of "Officially not fun"

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

That's still a long time. So, who'd you play? And less importantly, what was your highest comp rank?

... Oh wait, this thread wasn't to find active players, was it? I thought we were just discussing Overwatch.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I quite a long time ago, as the game became incredibly stale and I had a lack of friends to play with.

I used to main Reinhardt, Reaper and S76. The other tulpa played only a few times but enjoyed Torbjorn + Winston, while my host played Junkrat, Reinhardt, Lucio and S76 time to time. We never bothered to get ranked as we don't really like/agree with ranking systems in video games, but that's another story.