Tulpa-host Switching & OBE: Practical Explanation and Experiment

Pleeb

NOTE: Don't freak out, and don't scream "METAPHYSICS!" Hear me out first, okay? Remember, tulpae used to just be "METAPHYSICS!" at one point, too.

For those of you who don't know: OBE or, Out-of Body Experience is the idea of one person 'leaving' their body. Also called Astral Projection when you, instead of projecting to outside your body, you project to the Astral Plane (more on that later).

When people have reported to leave their body like this, they end up 'floating' outside their own body, usually above their body as a "spirit form" and they can go anywhere. They can explore space, they can take a walk around their neighborhood, they can even visit another country.

Still with me? Good.

As you sit on your computer, your sapient tulpa can go anywhere. They can explore space, they can take a walk around their neighborhood, they can even visit another country.

Still with me? Great!

I believe that when someone does these "OBE"s or "Astral Projection," they are essentially putting themselves into a similar state that a tulpa experiences. This would explain how they can explore the world around them the same way a tulpa can, while the body itself remains still. I believe when a tulpa is walking around the city, it isn't ACTUALLY walking around that city, but the mind is fabricating experiences based on what the tulpa is assumed to be seeing. Just like when a tulpa explores space (refer to this thread: Space).

Further, I believe that when people project to the "Astral Plane," they are doing something similar to what would be done in wonderlands, except of course, they vividly experience said "wonderland."

Now, then. There are a few cases of members being able to switch with their tulpae. When they do it, the tulpa 'feels' just like the host would in their own body, and the creator would end up having a vivid experience as a tulpa. Even the wonderland would be as vivid as real life for them.

I propose this, and I'm looking for volunteers:

The first step would be to become proficient at OBEing. It just takes visualizations and the correct frame of mind. Most people who created a sapient tulpa should be quite proficient at visualizing, so it may not be very hard for them to accomplish.

The second step is for the tulpa to try and assume control of the body (it may even be automatic, since the body has a tendency of sucking your consciousness back into it if you don't have enough willpower, it may suck in the tulpa).

The third step would be for the tulpa to attempt an OBE, so the creator can try to get back into his or her own body.

Here is a guide, it's pretty old, back from 2007~2008. Be aware, the guide of course doesn't take tulpae into consideration and assumes the consciousness physically leaves the body (refer to my theory above for the contrary): http://pastebin.com/LAC6ELvQ

Post any questions, comments, and success stories.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Few days ago I was talking about similar things on IRC, so I also believe this is possible and I will help to test it to prove whether or not it is possible.

But if we find this to be true, then we have our first reliable method to do mind switching.

Another think you could do with this technique is: leaving your body lying there without anyone in control and having fun with your tulpae (e.g. in wonderland) with RL's level of visualization.

Sounds right to me. I wonder what it'd be like to take a vacation and let your tulpa take care of your body for a day. An entire day dreaming. Fuck yeah.

As Purlox noted, this wouldn't also just imply Switching (where you leave control and the tulpa takes control). It could also be possible for none of the consciousnesses to take control (which is what would normally happen if someone without a tulpa tries this). If this method can be used to change yourself into a tulpa-like state, it would also involve the potential to just be able to have fun with your tulpae in wonderland.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

As interesting as this sounds, it'd be way too hard for me. Hopefully someone volunteers. I'm really curious about how this would work out.

the the the the

I was wondering about the possibility of this a while ago, and I'd love to try this once my tulpa is complete. I've been trying to get OBE's down, figured it might help with the creation process, so hopefully once I'm done I'll have 'em down. Until then, I look forward to hearing how it goes.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

• 2 weeks later...

So here is a technique someone created that works on this principle. I'm going to shorten it later, but right now I don't have time to do it.

If you are going to try using this method, please post results in this thread or at least link to your progress log.

Been working with that method since it was posted, starting to hear legitimate hypnagogic stuff during the day now. Conscious of my nonphysical body more often... Every so often get this strange feeling that my limbs aren't mine, like it's somebody else. I used to get that feeling when I was a kid, so strange to have it back. Anybody else with results/discoveries?

I've got my eye on this. Although switching isn't exactly a pleasing idea to me, the concept of spending time with your Tulpa in an alternate reality is one that I've already made plans for.