Reaching out to multiple community?

Well, I haven't spent anywhere near as much time as Hail in the multiple community, so I haven't come across projection, but I'll back up everything Hail says in the second paragraph. Might even be thinking of the same system.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't spent anywhere near as much time as Hail in the multiple community, so I haven't come across projection, but I'll back up everything Hail says in the second paragraph. Might even be thinking of the same system.

There is a good chance we are talking about the same system. Two members wrote and submitted a switching guide here, if that rings any bells.

As for projection, I have only run into it talked about in a couple multiple forums which are not publicly visible (well, the site is, but the threads are not) and operate under Vegas Rules (can't post specifics about its content outside the forum ("what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas")). I will see if I can find a few references to it elsewhere and get back here.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, I'd like to clear up a few things.

For one, Plural systems, or multiples, are not DID at all. In fact, most plural systems are natural from birth and have close to none of the symptoms thag people with DId have. And yes, there are systems who are DID but it is wrong to say thag all plural systems are DID.

For another, most systems have Headspaces, but I somehow think theh are not exactly like what you refer to as 'wonderland'. Also, plural system members are usually different from tulpas in that system members are not created. And while a lot of systems have the ability for system members to switch and front, not all do or either they do not have syatem members who wish to front. There are many different types of multiple systems. Plurality Resource is a good place to go if you have more questions.

-Samari

First of all, I'd like to clear up a few things.

For one, Plural systems, or multiples, are not DID at all. In fact, most plural systems are natural from birth and have close to none of the symptoms thag people with DId have. And yes, there are systems who are DID but it is wrong to say thag all plural systems are DID.

I didn't know most systems are natural. Also, you put that last item (not all plural systems are DID) better than I did. Thank you.

For another, most systems have Headspaces, but I somehow think theh are not exactly like what you refer to as 'wonderland'. Also, plural system members are usually different from tulpas in that system members are not created. And while a lot of systems have the ability for system members to switch and front, not all do or either they do not have syatem members who wish to front. There are many different types of multiple systems. Plurality Resource is a good place to go if you have more questions.

-Samari

The term wonderland, headspace, paracosm, inner world, etc. are all equivalent in denotation. This community uses the term wonderland because one of the early tulpas in this community was named Alice and needed a name for her headspace evidentally. That being said, those terms do have different connotations due to which communities use them (e.g. wonderlands usually implies that it was created).

- Hail

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

@Hail,

So would that mean most headspaces are Wonderlands since most are created? And would that mean Wonderlands are Headspaces? Maybe I'm just confused by Jenffa's philosophy on Wonderland.

-Asher

@Hail,

So would that mean most headspaces are Wonderlands since most are created? And would that mean Wonderlands are Headspaces? Maybe I'm just confused by Jenffa's philosophy on Wonderland.

-Asher

@Asher

Hmm, I didn't know that most headspaces were created. But yes, each is the other. Just, the tulpamancy community uses the unusual term wonderland due to its early history. There are a lot of other oddities in the terminology here. For example, the definition of switching is a bit different. Here, switching means not only changing who is in primary control but the person who was in primary control before has to leave the front entirely.

- Hail

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the owners of Astraea's Web and told them about my idea to write a song intended to debunk the popular misconception that DID is the only type of multiplicity that exists. Should I come clean about my idea for the accompanying music video to feature my tulpas singing to a group of psychologists (which would necessarily involve explaining what tulpas are)? Should I explain that my original plan was to use advocating for healthy multiplicity in general as a mere stepping stone to my true intention of advocating for tulpas? On the one hand, I have an inexplicable feeling that it would be morally right to not hide such "shady" things. On the other, I feel like they might take offense at the idea of people intentionally cultivating voices in their heads out of curiosity, loneliness, etc..

I contacted the owners of Astraea's Web and told them about my idea to write a song intended to debunk the popular misconception that DID is the only type of multiplicity that exists...

Write about your experience with mulitpules. You can only ever write honestly about your own experiences, and be honest that they are your experiences and don't apply to anyone else.

I don't think that using multipules to advocate Tulpas is a good idea, though. I don't think either community would like the assocation (based on this thread, at least), and using their community for your own ends is going to make a lot of them very upset.

If you want to sing about Tulpas, sing about Tulpas. Don't be afraid or ashamed of your own experiences. They're valid. Be honest with them.

Using them for my ends was my initial plan, but I changed it to "advocate for multiples, plain and simple" after taking some time to work on the song. I'm pretty sure that the song in its current form isn't connected to tulpas at all, other than being sang by me trying to sound like my tulpas.

You should be upfront that you are meaning it about healthy plurality. After all, tulpamancy and multiplicity are just different kinds of plurality. Maybe even say that there are many forms of plurality and you come from a different plural community. I think they would probably be OK with that, though I do not know the Astraea system personally. Otherwise, it is a bit deceptive. Also, by doing it that way, you can be honest about your experiences and widen people's minds more.

- Hail