Worried I puppet too much?

I'm only a few days into creating my tulpa, but I'm afraid I've already run into a concern. I try to do an exercise every day where he walks around and sits down in various places in my bedroom. I do this to get the hang of his movements and get better at visualizing him. 

This is 100% puppeting, and I know that some puppeting can be beneficial for progress, but is this like... too much? It's only for a few minutes at most, but I worry in the long run it may become an issue.

I wouldn't worry about that. Just keep talking to him, if you need to position his form as you do so, I don't see it causing any troubles.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Puppeting his form for visualization practice is a good idea, especially because he may find it easier to move around in a form you are already comfortable with visualizing. Once he's old enough, he may tell you he's bored sitting around your room or he may want to contribute ideas on different posses or whatnot.  He may request for some minor changes, but I have a hard time imagining he would want a completely different form unless he wants to re-do the visualization process with you.

Once he's sentient and used to his form, he will start to learn how to resist you controlling his form. He may tell you to stop controlling him at times or there may be intrusive thoughts of you controlling him, but persevere and eventually it won't be an issue anymore. It's definitely annoying, but having a form you're comfortable visualizing for him is really nice, it made a huge difference for me.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It doesn't sound like too much to me. You're basically getting the hang of visualizing him and it may show him how to move his form.

When I visualize Aya in wonderland earlier on, I would just puppet enough to keep them with me as we went around. Sometimes if they wanted to do something different, they'd resist and I wouldn't be able to visualize it. So I'd let go and Aya would do their own thing. When your tulpa can communicate (vocally or with body language), you can ask what he wants to do if you're unsure.

It doesn't hurt to be puppeted a little bit. It sounds like you're respectful with it.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

I fully agree with everyone, congratulations and welcome to the forums!