Lie or Favor?

Ranger

Because Truth or Dare is cliché.

The goal is to win points. To do this, you can either ask for a favor, lie, or correctly accuse someone else for lying.

Favor- If you ask the next poster for a favor and they answer it, both of you get one point. If the next poster ignores your favor though, you get nothing.

Example:

Poster 1: Can I have the world please?
Poster 2: Sure! Here's the string "the world". enjoy!

-Favors can only be answered by the next poster. You cannot complete old favors before the previous post.
-As long as it's clear the next poster answers the favor, both of you get points.

Lie- If you say any lie in your post and the next poster doesn't catch it, you get 2 points.

Example:

Poster 1: 27 is prime
Poster 2: Next Poster, can you do me a favor...
Poster 1: HA! 27 isn't prime! Next poster, can you do me a favor...

-It's more helpful for me if you point out you lied afterwards. If you realize I didn't catch it, let me know and I will award you your 2 points.

Accusing- If you believe the previous poster lied, call them out on it! If you're correct, you gain 2 points and the previous poster loses 2 points! But if you're wrong, the previous poster gets 2 points and you lose 2 points!

-You can only accuse the previous poster. Accusing the next poster doesn't make any sense, and all other liars in the past got away with it already.

Notes:

Spoiler

-Points don't stack. If a poster asks for a favor, lies, and accuses someone else of lying, they only get credit for the favor. If a poster lies and accuses someone else of lying, they only get credit for the lie. If they ask for a favor and accuse someone else, they only get credit for the favor. (Order for scoring: favor, lie, accusation)
-If you answer a favor, you can then ask for a favor yourself or lie.
-If accusing turns into a feud or becomes debatable, then no one gets points. The liar doesn't get credit and neither does the accuser. I don't want the game to get stuck or be too confusing.
-It's not required to ask for a favor, lie, or accuse anyone. Your post can be a comment or response to someone else.
-The double hashtag ## does not affect gameplay. If you make a comment and use ##, you are still the next poster, and that affects  points.
-If you edit your post with the intent of gaining points, you will lose 1,000,000 points. No one likes cheaters.
Edits/Additional info:
-If you are too late in accusing someone for lying, you won't get penalized. The reward or penalty only come into play if you post right after the liar. In that case, the liar would get credit for getting away with it.

Score:

Spoiler

Mirichu: 10
Ranger: 6
Matsuri: 4
Felicity: 1
Josie: 2

Successful favors, lies, and accusations-

Favor count: 12
Lie count: 0
Accusations: 0
Updated 2/8/20, 6:57 EST, up to post #15

I'll start:

Next poster, can you give me some chocolate cake please?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)

Right now it is 6:51 pm in Greenland. Only a couple hours ahead of me for some reason. (edit: It just changed to 6:51 pm, you get the idea)

Next poster, may I have a picture of a kitten please?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

spacer.png

Next poster, can I get a shiny Pokémon?

Edited by Guest

Sure thing Josie!
image.png.7dcb19014fc197e8afed0d1f640cef35.png

I'm not sure if you guys are trying to lie or just being so vague it's impossible to know. Even if you do lie, points don't stack, so stop asking for favors if you're lying.

That rule is subject to debate though. I thought it would prevent people from doing all three all of the time and I didn't want the game to be too predictable.