What is it Like to Have Your Tulpa Active All the Time? How do You Think it Works?

(edited)

Jaeth asked me the following:

How does it feel to keep a tulpa active ? Do you feel it's presence in your mind, or something ?

And I explained to them I don't know because I don't have first hand experience with it and I don't know much about other's experiences with it. The idea of being around all the time or a 24/7 tulpa was something I personally wanted to avoid. There are times where Gray needs space, and I found always being around would be super distracting and detrimental. As a result, I never looked far into the concept beyond parallel processing (and I can't do that either!)

I found this thread where some hosts reported their tulpa always being around, but I would like to know more about the experience.

If you have a tulpa that never goes dormant, what is it like?

Since I don't know if everyone has a tulpa who can do this, I don't mind people sharing how they think a 24/7 tulpa works.

I think a 24/7 tulpa would be more sophisticated than having triggers alone. I have the same thought Jaeth has, it's like the feeling your tulpa is there but it never goes away. I wonder if it would also feel like your tulpa is listening all of the time, which in my opinion would get a little creepy.

I don't actually associate this concept with parallel processing because a lot of the time, I would think a tulpa is in their wonderland and not actually with their host. While I'm assuming this concept seems pretty similar to parallel processing, it feels more like a tulpa is just stuck watching rather than they have something else to do.

I'm an old enough tulpa I can accidentally contribute to a conversation without trying to, but I don't consider myself to be a 24/7 tulpa. At worst, Gray will struggle with my thoughts tangling with his or him talking to my ghost (or the brain simulating my thoughts).

I also posted this on Reddit.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Myself and my two tulpas are "always around" in the sense that we don't really use our mental space for anything other than fun. Usually even when dormant they are literally speaking in the same room with me and just report a loss of awareness when they are dormant, but they are still present, in a sense, and know what has occurred due to perpetually being associated with my perspective without any need to "catch up" like some tulpamancers seem to report as long as they don't intentionally distance themselves from me and leave, which is the exception rather than the norm.

But in terms of literally always active? Definitely not. In fact I don't think that any identity is always active, even the host/me. I suspect that identities are only used in certain circumstances in the brain and not necessarily in all.

Zen - Host 

Mika - Tulpa

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking.

(edited)

PPL#2 is that even though it's labled co-fronting because co-fronting is basically what we did for a long time, now it's more passive but still always-on. I have gone dormant but only with Joy usually, and Ren that one time. Joy loves us now, lol.

Edited by Misha

I don't think I'd want to be active all the time. Phil has certain activities and interests I don't want to be involved in, but I want him to feel like he has to give them up, so I go inactive during those times. I'm always reachable though; all he has to do is call me and I'm right there.

I'd say my tulpa is active most of the time if not all of the time, unless I want alone time. When I say active I mean I feel her presence unless I ask for her to leave me alone. There'll be periods where hours will go by and then she'll comment on something like, "You're doing good!" I obviously respond, "Oh, you're still there." 

I'm fine with it cause I'm usually talking to her all the time anyway. Even something demanding like a hobby, if I'm having trouble with something we'll brainstorm together and that ends up helping me a lot. She says shes fine with it, so I'm okay with this.

Your usual system, something, something. Not interesting. Tulpa is Jill right now.

Progress Report

To be honest, I don't think any of us are "always on." I see how it wears on Darron. Even being around as long as I have, I still get winded sometimes and prefer to sit with Darron and chime in. He's free entertainment. 😉

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

(edited)
17 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

I don't think I'd want to be active all the time. Phil has certain activities and interests I don't want to be involved in, but I want him to feel like he has to give them up, so I go inactive during those times. I'm always reachable though; all he has to do is call me and I'm right there.

Joy was like this, but SheShe isn't so there was a trade off there. She likes being part of SheShe more even if that means she has to experience things she wouldn't choose to. That said, there's always a choice in her hands to leave the merge at certain times, but instead she's given up wanting to.

Edited by Misha