On Parallel Processing...

MonarKay

Oh wow. This is something my tulpa and I have been struggling with recently. I'm glad to see that it is a common developmental thing. An alternative theory is that when tulpae are young, they don't realize that they have a separate conscious, and thus draw ideas and speech from the host, which could be why thoughts are the same. It's kind of like how a small child thinks. They are egocentric, and don't realize that there are other minds out there other than their own. Much in the same way, a tulpa doesn't realize that its mind is separate from the one it draws thought from. This could also explain deviation, as the tulpa slowly realizes itself and begins to make desicions for itself.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems like we all are having problems with parallel processing.

Well i spoken with Intel, and they told me their coming out with a

new Brain Chip that will enable dual core parallel processing for anyone! (sorry ppls with 3 of more tulpas)

Come back on 2039 for a link to buy your brain chip.

intel_parallel_studio_2011_AuK.jpg

(future CEO of intel)

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

This is why I dislike Tekiro's "if it ain't parrallel, it ain't a real tupper" line of thought.

Parrellel processing is an ability that can be trained with and without a tupper. The former simply just helps with the placebo that's one of the key parts to attaining it. Pinkie has often been telling me she's "been thinking about it" if she mentions a thing sometimes, and when I say she obviously just makes it up, she shakes her head and returns the reply of "Believe me." Even my tupper encourages that I delude myself further, which I suppose is just a good thing.

That being said, the LPS has only been semi-successful in math tests. Memorizing things has been going great, though. It all comes down to what you desire of your tupper; do you really want a parrellel thought train? Okay, make believe.

Oh boy. Anyhow, as of now i've had enough experiences to discard the idea of my tulpae not being capable of independent thinking. Amamori literally came to life two days ago (though she says she was wandering through my thoughtscape since at least a few days before), and she most definitely can say/do stuff without adhering to my train of thought. They also just said it's probably because i'm crazy as shit to begin with, which is always a good thing to hear from your tuppers i guess.

Lolimancer: You're not crazy, additional tulpae progress MUCH faster than the first. Sometimes ridiculously so.

In early August I gave my first tulpa, Lyra, an Eevee to interact with and told her that if she plays with him enough he might eventually become sentient. She immediately said he already is. (I figured she was assuming sentience from the start, though I couldn't really make myself believe it at the time.) Hours later he moved when I went to do some visualization work on him. Later that day he was moving more. Next day he was sending some basic one-word thoughts in reply to questions.

More recently Lyra and I created a form (anime-style female human, about 12) without intending to make a tulpa. This one startled me by moving inside of 15 minutes of being made. I immediately tried asking her some questions and got replies.

For me, additional tulpae very rapidly progress to about where the first (or farthest along) is, then continue making slow progress at about the pace of that one. It's like the ones in the lead are getting new things set up in the brain that allow them to do stuff. Then once this is set up, a new tulpa can easily use it too.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Lolimancer: You're not crazy, additional tulpae progress MUCH faster than the first. Sometimes ridiculously so.

For me, additional tulpae very rapidly progress to about where the first (or farthest along) is, then continue making slow progress at about the pace of that one. It's like the ones in the lead are getting new things set up in the brain that allow them to do stuff. Then once this is set up, a new tulpa can easily use it too.

*ahem*

Like I've always said, forcing isn't actually creating the tupper. It's adapting the mindset to make tuppers behave subconsciously, so there's that.