Where would you see yourself with your tulpae when you are older?

Guest ThunderClap

And what if I'm loved for every part of me except my tulpa?

No lies, I just hide the one aspect of my life from her unless I know she will still love me afterwards.

Actually, one could still be loved by a woman, but have her detach herself from him, thinking him to be unstable.

"It's what's best for us," she would likely say. "I love you, but this is a serious problem, you should see a doctor, this could be a serious illness!" and no amount of explaining will convince her otherwise, so concerned is she with his mental health.

"You need to get rid of your tulpa." she will say. For love.

if she doesn't know such a big part about you

You have no idea how much willpower it took to keep myself from making a penis joke.

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thinking on that is that, while a tulpa can be kept secret from friends just fine, I think it would be somewhat important for a potential life partner to know about this - preferably before getting married.

While I don't plan on getting married, I do hope to settle down with a queerplatonic (non-romantic, non-sexual, more-than-friends) life partner someday, and I would definitely want him or her to know about my tulpae and be able to accept them and accept me for having them.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Someone who you don't even trust to share the existence of what is almost certainly your best friend with shouldn't even meet your standards for a girlfriend, let alone wife. Maybe a fuck buddy.

That would be true in any situation where said best friend doesn't live in your head. This is also a very touchy subject, and can be and will be misinterpreted by most of the uninformed as mental instability.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to be married to someone who I can tell about my tulpa and who would accept it or even find it interesting. On the contrary I would like that very much. But realistically, there's a decent chance of finding a "soul mate" or what have you who wouldn't like the idea of a tulpa, but is absolutely perfect for you in every single other aspect. I'd be happier with someone who I could tell about my tulpa, but I'd still be happy enough with someone like what I described.

Just my personal opinion.

Addendum: Hush, you are an excellent goddamn debater. I wish I could shake your hand right now.

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

What the fuck

Queerplatonic relationships are a very real thing; popular mostly with aromantics. As a grey-romantic (and questioning aromantic), I feel I'd much rather prefer a queerplatonic relationship over a romantic one.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Queerplatonic relationships are a very real thing; popular mostly with aromantics. As a grey-romantic (and questioning aromantic), I feel I'd much rather prefer a queerplatonic relationship over a romantic one.

whWk0.png

You'd think people comfortable with the idea of making another consciousness in their minds would be more comfortable with the idea...