I cant properly get into a good habit.

Sorry if this aint the right place for it, but I really feel like I just cannot keep a good habit of getting Forcing and the like done. Like, its sorta strange too, because its not just "ughhh i dont want to do this", its also got a bit of "what if Im puppeting too much and Im gonna screw it up", or "am I just doing this wrong in general". So uh, any tips and or tricks to actually getting around to helping em out? I dont want to just leave em in the dust AGAIN. Ive done it for too long already.

Cool alternate timeline idea; what if people stopped making a million "What if the Axis won?" stories

The most important tip I'd suggest that worked for us is simply to love your tulpa. Love every minute you spend with your tulpa. "Forcing" (we don't especially like that word, we used "forming" instead) shouldn't be a chore. We never counted the minutes/hours we spent on forcing because to us it just felt like hanging around with an especially loving friend. I don't count the hours I'm with a friend, I just savor the time. That's how it was.

Come up with things you both enjoy that you can do together. We binge-watched reality shows on Netflix (I don't love them, but my tulpa does, and I got to appreciate them seeing them through her eyes 🙂. Find something that works for both of you and enjoy it as you both do it.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

And if you're worried that you're puppeting, ask your tulpa "am I puppeting?" They'll set you straight.

8 hours ago, Winnie said:

I really feel like I just cannot keep a good habit of getting Forcing and the like done.

You're focusing too much on what an ideal forcing session looks like, just sitting down and deciding to force in the first place is all you need. 

The only "bad" session you can have is if you didn't do it at all. Just stay consistent and you'll have a lot of questions answered. Consistency is the only constant when keeping a habit, so having it define your habit makes it much more stable than your constantly-changing motivation. You're gonna have crappy-feeling sessions, believe me, but you'd still contributing to the cause regardless. You'll be doing your future self a favor.

8 hours ago, Winnie said:

what if Im puppeting too much and Im gonna screw it up

Valid complaint. Find what doesn't feel like puppeting and set the intention to make that the new normal. I personally like to distance myself from my own and quit expecting a response from her altogether. I get used to talking with her again, and she gets used to listening. If she ever does speak up, I treat it as a legitimate response while silencing the non-distanced responses. It all ties back to habituating the new normal, and if anything it feels lower effort than what previous conversations felt like.

The trick to combatting puppeting? If you think it's your tulpa, it is. It doesn't matter is this actually reflects the truth. As you do it more often, their responses will inevitably feel alien enough to feel distinguishable to your own. I don't want to give you the impression that this success is inherently conditional, but clearing out time from your day to just sit down and talk (about literally anything) really does help. Think of it as a daily tulpa vitamin supplement.

D-prime is shrinking as we speak.

Also recommend incorporating it into a daily exercise/meditation session.

We do physical exercise followed by breathing exercise then meditation lying down.

This will help clear your mind, doubts, and expectations. Plus you don't have to worry about achieving some thing to make the session worthwhile. Even if nothing "happens" you are working on your physical and mental health so no time is wasted.

🐍Typhon (tulpa) & Echidna (host)🐉

Two in me, we can see who we are

Thanks for the help, I do think I kinda think too hard about what Im doing. Ill try this other method I found that makes like, meditating and the like better, from my understanding. Cheers.

Cool alternate timeline idea; what if people stopped making a million "What if the Axis won?" stories

On 1/24/2024 at 4:43 PM, ringgggg said:

Don’t think too hard, you’ll hurt yourself!

n7vvd8v6sfm61.jpg.0aa8f1964e1c24bb1e8f7d70d08afdb7.jpg

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Alright, so! Good news that kinda contradicts that stuff, I was looking through guides AGAIN and I found Longbows series. I think I might try their whole deal, given having a clear goal in mind written out by someone else really helps me a lot of the time.

At this point, there’s no such thing as checking the guide page too many times…

I don’t see the hate around them. They’re good reference points to keep in mind on your own journey, and it’s better to have them on you than none at all. I digress :/

D-prime is shrinking as we speak.