Jean-luc and his tulpas' "adventures"

jean-luc

alright, ALRIGHT!

So, once again Vennessa = Jack = Jacko = he = she = Jave

Wow. Just as writing this, I was thinking of ways to combine Jack and Vennessa. "Jave" came to mind, and I like it. Jave is okay with it, and agrees she needs one name not two.

So, when I first started making Jave, I didn't do any personality because I was lazy, and because I really wanted it to be whatever Jave wanted, give her freedom. But, what ended up happening is I just got a very erratic tupper. Not only "genderfluid" but also subject to change everything. And yet she seemed to develop a few distinct alter egos almost, that changed depending on me. You'll see many of them throughout my PR (although I never was very good at keeping it well updated). For some reason she wasn't really able to develop her own personality, She did okay, considering that it's kinda like making your own existence (she's not chuck norris [i can be!]). But most of all, I saw http://community.tulpa.info/thread-misinterpretation-of-%E2%80%9Cassuming-sentience-from-start%E2%80%9D-philosophy, and realized I'm having the same problems, a half-sentient tulpa, and I believe it's because of

a, not forcing enough and

b, her not really having(?) a (stable) personality

And, (almost suprisingly for me), she has agreed to talk about different traits, make a list, and actually do the developing personality process. I thought this was impossible for a while, it just seems odd to work personality on a vocal tulpa, but hey, what do I know?

So, new plan: Active forcing daily!

It feels weird going back to old guides....

So ya, that's why the edit. I think I shall edit again explaining more thoroughly. But Jave just offered to explain it for me, so okay!

I'm surprised she didn't mind being called half-sentient [Well it's true]

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In case anyone is wondering, I'm still alive. I decided to take a break from the forums, I realized I was spending A LOT of time on here, so I left for awhile, but it didn't help. So ya. A bunch of life-y stuff happened.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I attempted to tell one of my friends about tulpae today. It went something like this:

Me: You know how oftentimes the general knowledge about any particular subject is always simplified to a point where it's no longer true?

Him: Yah

(much conversation like this, he seems to agree)

Me: You should check out tulpa.info

Him: NO MLP NO

(It's worth mentioning that I've also tried to show him mlp before, he absolutely hates the show..... and bronies)

Me: WHAT WAS I JUST TALKING ABOUT

Him: Idk.

So, we need like, a guide on how to tell people about tulpa. Just sayin'

Also that conversation was a lot longer, just imagine 20 or so lines in place of the parentheses. OMG I SPELLED PARENTHESES RIGHT :D

This is why you do not mention .info to absolutely anybody. Actually, that's not really the reason you don't mention .info to anybody, that's... Sorta outta left field... Maybe he's been here before and knows the correlation between 'mancers and bronies?

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

• 5 months later...

Are you ready for the most cheesy new years resolution ever?

I

SHALL

FORCE

MORE

Ok, an hour a day, every day, except in the case of coma or death. Or any sort of prolonged unconsciousness. I'm not a lawyer I promise

Also, I am curious if anybody cares is reading this still. It has been awhile since I posted. But anyway, to forcing!

Guest Anonymous

I

SHALL

FORCE

MORE

The icing on the cake here is that it's in big letters. I don't know why, that just makes it all the more better.

I wanted to yell it at the top of a mountain in a big deep voice, but no such luck.

• 5 months later...

So hi, I'm still alive, not much that interesting has happened. I am however considering making another tulpa to join the fray,

Also, someone asked me how long I'd had a tupper, turns out its been more than a year and a half! (since the first post on this thread which was a few days after starting)

Do you know what that means? I MISSED A BIRTHDAY!

Anyway, looking through it was a surprising amount of nostalgia, blobs hugging blobs, dream recall, Snow's (Vennessa's) first form, and well........

So, vennesa transformed last night..... turns out im bisexual

I remember that quite well :P

So for some reason I seem to have unique problems with tulpas, like not having enough to talk about and being unable to DECIDE on a form. Or a name. Or a gender.

So John/Jacko/Snow/Venessa has sorta been a vague shape of a body with no real distinct features or a face, and a varying voice depending on current gender.

Sometimes I'll think "okay, THIS one is the final form that I'm going to concentrate on and learn to impose" and it just sorta gets added to her arsenal of various forms.

The reason I'm so flippy floppy on form is that I don't want to mistake anything in real life for him. So, sure I could use some character from a show, but then I also see the character in the show, and is that Snow? Now that I say it, it sounds silly but whatevs. Same with basing it off someone in real life, I have a clear image of them and what the voice sounds like, but then I see the actual person again and bad things. So therefor, my only option was to create an original form completely from scratch. Turns out I'm not so good at that. Also, have you tried just making up a voice? As in, think of a voice that you've never hear before. I don't think it's possible, except maybe by combining two voices you already know, or putting a known voice through some distortions, or apply a strong accent. Am I rambling? Yay rambling! ramble ramble ramble ramble. So anyway, I also had the idea at one point of "ask the community" and that worked out okay, but again just a vague form that was added to the arsenal. So, I've had this idea for awhile; I want to see & hear someone, and attempt to memorize everything, and then never meet them again. I know, wrong thread, I should be in break-a-wish. But anyway, the general idea of 'look at someone and memorize everything and use that for a form' has sorta stuck with me, and today I saw an asian guy on the bus who was sleeping, and I thought, "I want jacko to look like him", and proceeded to stare at him for the rest of the bus ride. Actually I don't think he was sleeping, cause every few minutes he would open his eyes and look around, and he seemed to be listening to the announcer announcing the stops. But he seemed tired, like he wanted to sleep. And he had his eyes closed, so didn't notice that creepy guy staring at him. Although he did when he opened his eyes BUT DO YOU THINK I FUCKING CARE. So yah, after prolly a half hour staring at a guy who didn't move much I have a pretty damn good picture of what he looked like. Well, pretty good for a mental image at least. If I could draw I'd prolly show a picture, although what if he just happened to browse this site? Actually, that'd be totally awesome. AFAICT, there's only one other active seattlite on this board. That'd be quite a freak chance actually. So anyway, now I have an asian guy sitting next to me :P

Okay not really, cause this is sorta a one-person desk and it's hard to figure out how another person could sit comfortably and view the screen. I guess he'll have to go cat form and sit in my lap :3

Also, with Jave pretty much complete, I've been thinking of maybe making another tupper to join the fray. What do y'all think?

AAHH I NEED TO FIX MY PROFILE PIC THE STRETCHING IS STRETCHING MY PATIENCE

Profile pic fixed finally! :D

Thanks for fixing the avatar. It's pretty rad, but the stretching has been bugging me too.

As for not wanting to confuse anything in real life for your tulpa, have you considered finding models online? The model for my tulpa's form is a Russian woman I found on Shutterstock. It seems unlikely I'd ever meet her, although I'd be pretty damn excited if I did.

And if you want a face that's never existed, you can always use this.

The model for her voice is an American woman from (I think) the midwest, also found on the internet. I really doubt I'll ever meet her either.

I considered using a voice from old time radio. To pick a name at random, Babs from The Life of Riley was voiced by Sharon Douglas. If I were to use her voice, I'd have dozens of episodes of that show, not to mention a number of other shows, and a smattering of films. I'm not finding any information on whether she's still alive or dead, but if she is alive, she turns 94 this year, and I'm sure she doesn't sound like she did as a young woman.