Manipulation of perception of time.

Amadeus

One of the subjects I intend to study is whether the tulpa forming process can be used to manipulate various other senses. An important one is research on whether I can change my perception of how time passes; for example, going into a meditative state where I can think and act consciously for what I perceive to be an hour, when in fact ten minutes pass in reality.

My theory is that if a tulpa can be aware of time as I sense it, as well as actual time passing, the tulpa's creator may then be able to tune his consciousness to the point where thought and consciousness in his meditative realm accelerate.

Personally, I suffer from periodic bouts of heavy anxiety and panic, and thoughts of suicide. I can be calmed down (obviously, since I'm here to type this) but it's enough of a problem to warrant my trying to find a countermeasure.

If my theory is possible, I hope to install a trigger in my subconscious using a tulpa so that when I begin to have those types of feelings, I can immediately retreat to a state where I can attain calm, and instead of taking hours (thus disabling me in terms of social anything) I can relax for a while in the span of a minute.

Alternatively, if the mind can be conditioned to negate things like panic attacks altogether, it would be beneficial (and probably more likely) but the idea of stretching time is still a primary interest.

If you are interested, have ideas, have achieved similar results, or would like to help, please post.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a thread about this. I've forgotten which one it was, though, so carry on, I guess.

Basically, what was discussed was the fact that our perception of time is subjective, and thus, anything could happen (to an extend), really, as long as our brains got the guts to imagine it, e.g. experiencing a tulpaforcing session that seems much longer than it actually is.

How about altering the perception of reality itself? I was thinking about the same concept, but instead of making things happen in your mind faster, I was wondering whether you could go into a slow-mo mode, to put it simply; where you perceive real time as slower. I don't really know anything about how the brain works so this is just a random thought I had.

It would also be helpful for doing time-sensitive tasks that require a lot of thinking, or for quickly memorizing a pattern, referencing information, etc. There are a lot of applications for it, but first, I want to see if it's possible, and if so, if it's practical.

A "slow-mo" effect would essentially be the same thing, but with eyes open, and is worth consideration.

You can go into slow-mo if you process more information than usual, which is what happens in near-death situations or just when you're in awe or something stupid. Doing so for a while might give you a bit of a headache but that would be pretty useful to know how to use on demand. Would easily make your life about twice as long doing x2 processes per second.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

I think that's a pretty good comparison, Hoppip. Maybe if one would attempt lucid dreaming with a tulpa while trying to manipulate time... Maybe... we could have some pretty interesting results.

That happens because when you dream it happens in a matter of seconds or minutes (I forget which), then it replays over and over if I recall. Pretty sure if it didn't do that you would always forget it.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

Dreaming happens particularly in REM sleep cycles, which account for about 25% of your time sleeping if you put them all together (assuming you don't have major sleep issues.) You dream in most of the sleep phases, but REM phases have the most vivid bits that you're more likely to remember.