How has your tulpa helped you overcome personal roadblocks?

Domnopalus

I can't say I've ever noticed I have any personal roadblocks. Without any roadblocks there isn't anything for Nova to help me get over but...

Your second point is more interesting. While I wouldn't call it a higher self I think I see what you mean about it. Because of Nova I find myself stepping back from what is going on, I am more analytical than I used to be. I consider more options, more scenarios, and then when I get too distracted by those thoughts Nova will put me in line and help me focus on what actually matters.

I hope your networking went well Alanna, but I can't shake the thought of Dom playing proxy... he's a green horse monster who would be conversing with a group of serious employers/clients who I imagine sitting around a round table in suits. (though it probably isn't that formal)

I've never done any serious proxying with my tulpa but I can see how it might help for some. I don't have the practice to proxy Nova in real time anyway. He's just him in his own body, not interacting with the rest of the world.

• 2 months later...

When my cat was run over and I looked at the body, all I could do was sit there and stare in shock. Ansakie was in a similar position and Shade just ...took over... He grabbed the necessary things to grab the body and bury my cat. Before he could get to the cat, I stopped him and went back inside. I still don't know why, but while I was inside he was protesting constantly that I should bury him, as it was my responsibility as his owner.

I felt betrayed by myself for not listening to him, as a year earlier I could not do the same to my dog. I felt guilt ridden but, they both helped clear my mind and ease the tension and guilt I felt. He told me I would be stronger next time, Because this time I was stronger than the last, for I had actually looked at the corpse this time.

P.S: I know this is a necro, I just didn't know were else to put this.

"Because sometimes the voices outside your head drive you mad, and the ones inside are keeping you sane."

Tulpa: Ansaki, Shade

Relax dude, people are allowed to vent if they need to. Coping with that is a difficult thing to do. Yes it's a necro, but he did answer the original question in the thread

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

my tulpae help me stay calm whenever i'm outside in a thunderstorm, which is a major phobia of mine

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

Guest Anonymous

Asside from support in activities, resistance to suicidal tendancies, and FUCKIN' CUDDLES, I'd have to say their ability to put me over all on more rational lines of thought.

[Kevin says: My tulpas have gradually been driving me sane over the years. Thank god (literally).

Stories? Let me think ...

There's the time a truck ran me into the median strip of the highway, collapsing the steering, and sending me into the oncoming traffic. Another car impacted into the passenger side and bent my utility (pickup truck) into a banana shape (front and back of the vehicle facing the same direction). I heard a very clear voice "Don't worry. You'll be o.k." and then time just stopped. If you've ever seen one of those "matrix time" photo's, that's what it was like. I didn't feel the impact at all. Time was so slowed that I could watch the cracks inching very slowly across the windscreen. The pumpkin scones that my mum (mother) had made for my lunch slowly rose off the seat next to me, drifted leisurely up and forward, and punched a hole through the windscreen (glass), coming to rest on the bonnet (hood). Then, suddenly, time returned and the world went white. When I could see again, I was in front of the car, leaning against the bonnet (hood). The pumpkin scones were intact. I had them for lunch that day.

Later, I looked at the wreck a few weeks later. The steering wheel had been bent into a pretzel where I'd been holding it. The hand break (half inch diameter solid steel rod) had been bent 90 degrees where my knee had been resting against it. All the injury I sustained was a small cut on my big toe where I had turned the accelerator (gas pedal) into a piece of folded-in-half metal.

As far as I can tell, that was the first time kerin ever spoke. She still does that subjective time slowing trick for me occasionally. So now you know how strong she is, and how tough my mum's pumpkin scones are.

As I said, Thank god (literally). ]

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

My bad, my bad, lol. It just totally went right over my head, lol. It IS actually funny. Yeah, I just misread the sarcasm thanks to the internetz. I totally take it all back lol. It's definitely hard to tell here whether someone is making a joke or being an asshole--obviously now you were NOT being an asshole. :) Sorry!!! Also thanks for responding non-defensively and such you know--ya did the right thing

I wasn't angry, rather I found it ever so slightly punny that he did that. I felt like pointing it out, but I was never mad at all. It was more of a sarcastic remark if anything, if I'm genuinely upset about a post I end up writing a freaking wall to explain why I hate something.

In this instance I used ">almostgreentext". It's almost always an indicator of sarcasm, at least as far as I know.

I forgot that sarcasm doesn't transfer over the internet well.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report