How much focus does a Tulpa require?

So the one big problem I'm worried about encountering is my ability, or really lack there of, to focus on something for too long. I have ADHD and a really short attention span. Just yesterday during a session I set myself 15 min. to focus on a personality trait, only to find that when the beeper went off, I'd spent the last quarter-hour thinking about how I thought I heard a really old 1950s tune in the background of Tulpatone. I've completely given up on a wonderland because I can't hold my attention for that long. In the past when I would impose imaginary friends and such into my enviroment at school, I ussualy couldn't complete whatever task or assignment I was suposed to he doing at the moment.

So considering all this, how hard do you all think it will be when I get to the visualization and imposition stages? Also, I've assumed once the Tulpa process is "complete" that imposition and sentience is all done effortlessly by the subconcious, but maybe I'm wrong? On a scale of 1 to Trivial Pursuit, about how muh mental effort and/or time do you think it will take me to focus enough on my Tulpa?

Name: Athena (Temporary name)

Form: Female Unicorn Pony

Personality: Snarky, but Caring at heart

Sentience: None as of yet

Developing: Personality

Project: Athena - Tulpa Creation Tumblr

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Well as I've always said, the entire process can vary largely from person to person, so it's difficult to determine someone else's progress. I've heard of people who have only done 15 minutes a day getting successful results, but it's a much slower process. Tulpaforcing for 1 hour a day it should take around 2-3 months on average, so I'll say you've got about half a years worth of work if you continue to go with only 15 minutes a day. Of course that's a very rough estimate and it could be much longer or shorter.

Only you know if you're making progress. If you are feeling accomplished at the end of each session, chances are you're doing it right.

I think that forcing in very short bursts separated by short breaks could be useful for you. Try forcing for 5-10 minutes, then take a few minutes to re-focus and have a break and do another session. Rinse and repeat. Also have you tried any sort of medication?

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

I think that forcing in very short bursts separated by short breaks could be useful for you. Try forcing for 5-10 minutes, then take a few minutes to re-focus and have a break and do another session. Rinse and repeat. Also have you tried any sort of medication?

Thanks I'll try that out and see how it works.

Also, I do take Vyvanse medication, but I take it in the morning and it only lasts a few hours. By the time I get home again, it's usually worn off.

Name: Athena (Temporary name)

Form: Female Unicorn Pony

Personality: Snarky, but Caring at heart

Sentience: None as of yet

Developing: Personality

Project: Athena - Tulpa Creation Tumblr

I took a week of preperation to work on my meditation before working on my tulpa. I used some of the basic methods around the internet, then worked on detailing my wonderland as well as I could.

Having such disorders myself, I don't take any medication. It's the process of catching yourself in the act. When you run out of things to think about, move to a different trait and come back to it later.

I flatly refuse to believe the relationship between you and your tulpa has developed so far that you are willing to have sex, especially since you have only known this person for two weeks. Give it a month, at the very least; It's important your tulpa develops properly.

You could try pure narration and worry about visualization later.

Does this even work? I've heard some people were trying it, but never did hear any believable success stories yet. I do know of one person who even gave up...

I don't see how narration wouldn't work. As long as you have a solid idea of what your tulpa's personality is like and pay attention to it constantly it would work out fine. I'm almost doing that since I suck at, well, everything suggested related to tulpaforcing. Though I was going to try to meditate sooner or later. But I still feel the tulpa developing so it must be working.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

I just started, and I too have truble of forcing for more than 20 min. (it was even less before, I think Im getting a bit better). I do these across the day with a long pause in between (yesterday It added up to 40+ min. YAY!)

And all was well and good till somebody reminded me of this:

http://tulpa.info/guides/frequently-asked-questions.html#sec-0-13

Im constantly thinking of my tulpa, I never want to let go of a thought of her in my mind. But it gets difficult when I feel like Im just fucking the whole process up.

Is actually Leo.

Im constantly thinking of my tulpa, I never want to let go of a thought of her in my mind. But it gets difficult when I feel like Im just fucking the whole process up.

I love these perpetual fuckups newbies have. The fear of doing something wrong in itself is wrong.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.