a creation process study

Starr

My hypothesis:

Tulpa's are a result of practiced thinking in correlation with production and conditioning of an extremely advanced memory. This means that a tulpa's sentience is achieved when the memory of a person becomes so well conditioned(easy to recall) and complex, that it can start producing it's own network and consciousness and That parallel processing is achieved when you learn to constantly think about this memory to the point the brain starts accommodating it automatically.

A conditioned memory is the result of "attention" to it, in the same way that a person who does some thing every day is likely to get better at it, a person who recalls a memory every day is likely to condition it and make it more clear.

the test:

Using a well selected, similar age group of people who wish to become hosts, ask them to participate in extremely varying creation processes, intended to attempt control the variable "the speed of conditioning". which can directly translate to "the speed of achieving sentience".

the "to be hosts" would be split up into 4 groups. The control group, the meditation group, the non-vocal group, and the narration only group.

the variable they will have in common: time spent weekly, pre-planned tulpa(to a minimal degree I will outline shortly), non-interaction with the other groups.

Each person in the test, before it begins, will be asked to outline and plan their tulpa in same way, and must "turn in" paperwork with their plan the day that forcing begins. The minimum requirements for this outline is a minimal "base work" for a tulpa, such as basic personality traits for them to build on, forms and voices will not be recorded or measured. each group will be asked to spend a minimal of 7 hours forcing a week and at most 20. How they achieve the numbers will be left unspecified, allowing hosts to force their way, but time spent must but be documented.

Every host will also be allowed to ask for any guidance from other hosts or people that are outside of the experiment.

The control group would be asked to use a "post-traditional" creation process similar to the one outlined in FAQ man's guide, Asking them to find some alone time and simply spend it with their tulpa how they desire. They will be asked to use minimal parroting and puppeting. This method is chosen for having the most stable results. each time in this group will add into the "control average" which the rest of the results will be based on.

The meditation group will need hosts who have experience , or are willing and capable of learning meditation. They will be asked to form a mantra for meditating on their tulpa, deliberately associating a sound or word with their tulpa and asked to use the mantra to focus on their tulpa while meditating. thus bringing it the most attention and helping condition the tulpa's memory much quicker.

The non-vocal group would be asked to share the "post traditional" method, except, during the experiment, they would be disallowed to speak or think vocally to their tulpas in anyway. thus minimizing distraction that vocalizing CAN cause. instead asking to use toys, instrumental music or other various actions to interact with their tulpa until sentience believed to be achieved.

the "narration only" group would be asked to do minimal forcing and instead attempt to create their tulpa by only talking to their tulpa, telling it stories, singing to it, etc. They would be allowed to "force" a body and voice, but never with closed eyes or intense focus, passive forcing only.

Expected results:

The meditation group will achieve sentience at an accelerated rate, above the average of the control group.

The non-vocal group will have erratic and varying results, some will achieve sentience faster than the control group, some will be well below.

The vocal only group will fall well behind the control group, having spent minimal attention to their tulpa.

The test was built in an attempt to be as humane as possible to tulpas and easy to under stand for their hosts.

I don't think I have the guts to actually over see a test like this but it was an idea Tia and I had one night at work, It would be interesting to see it happen and see the results, if you would like to take up the mantle and oversee this test be our guest.

This wouldn't be so difficult, we'd just need to grab some hosts from here and see if they'd be willing to participate in this experiment.

After locking in a good group of people, say 4 or 5 for each group that you know will force for week after week, you begin the first round of experiments.

All we'd need to do is develop a Turing Test For Tulpa to see if there was a way we could determine their level of independence.

At it's worst, it it'd just be a way to encourage people to force their tulpa with a new group and see their progress and have it measured and shown to the community.

At it's best, it'd be a way for us to develop a more "scientific" method for forcing and determining tulpa development.

I'd very eagerly participate in something like this although my tulpa is 27 days old right now and I know the prior attempts at forcing might affect the results, but then again, my tulpa is still so malleable that it might be interesting to see what would happen.

You'd also need to determine a run time for this test which might even take months.

Just some quick thoughts for right now. I really hope this takes off.

I'de be really excited to see if take off myself, a sort of "study" to prove how direct attention affects the development of the tulpa. But as I've stated prior, I lack a scientific mind, I can come up with the ideas, but I was raised engineer through and through, I'm not be able to properly conduct a scientific test at it's best. I'de really need some one else to take this test and conduct it.

I have a few questions for you.

How exactly do you form a memory of someone who doesn't exist yet, and how does this memory talk to you exactly? I can remember some people really well but that doesn't mean that I have a tulpa of them.

How would the experiment you outlined provide evidence for or against your hypothesis?

I have a few questions for you.

How exactly do you form a memory of someone who doesn't exist yet, and how does this memory talk to you exactly? I can remember some people really well but that doesn't mean that I have a tulpa of them.

How would the experiment you outlined provide evidence for or against your hypothesis?

I think I should be able to properly answer these questions if it doesn't displease the OP.

First, the tulpa does exist before it has sentience and independence at the very least as a concept. In the same way that practicing the piano would strengthen one's playing capability thus the tulpa is made from the experience spent forcing.

These memories of interaction turn into your tulpa.

Granted you may not have tulpa based on your friends this phenomenon is not unheard of. Those who have been widowed sometimes report seeing their dead spouse while waking up. Even more immediate may be your occasional thoughts about what would happen if you told friend x about y. You may have a good idea of how they would respond and I think we could allow an argument saying that this is a similar function to that of tulpae.

In regards to the hypothesis: which is "People who meditate would develop their tulpa the fastest" this would be proven by reported tulpa development which has yet to be standardized but I bet standards of measurement could be designed easily enough.

Faust pretty much nailed it in #5.

See you're looking at it the wrong way, look at... I can't even think of his name right now, the guy who spent 6 weeks or more planning his tulpa, and achieved sentience in one session. His memory for his tulpa was very clearly conditioned and defined because of his arduous planning process, and the tulpa knew how to react because of this.

I've seen this pattern in the progress logs almost to the point that it could be accused of being the cause out right with out the need for a test. The less a host knows about what they want for a tulpa, the longer their creation process, as their mind has to start at arguably even less of a blank slate than a new born.

Creating a basic progress standard at least for this test wouldn't be too hard, I would see it simply in 3 stages. The first being what every one expects... a statue, the second being intrusive thoughts random events that you could accuse of being caused by your tulpa, the third being clearly coherent responses to questions such as asking them how they feel about things 'n' getting a logical response from it or asking them to perform a task and getting the desired response a majority of the time.

The reason I came about this idea and hypothesis was simple, I was reading that there's no known way to permanently kill a tulpa with chemical medicine. This leads me to believe that a tulpa is not entirely a subconscious phenomenon, but is also closely attached to the conscious mind and how it can multitask (left hemisphere and right hemisphere) and that "parallel processing" is not necessarily lending your tulpa one of these "threads"(im a programmer >.>) but rather your tulpa developing it's own thread(s) by getting exercised by your own threads to the point that the brain accommodates your desire to maintain the tulpa indefinitely.

God that's hard to explain... You only really need one hemisphere to actively focus on simple things, which is where most hosts start, which is why we force, you clear your head and focus on your tulpa until a tiny amount of accommodation is made, achieving sentience, then through practice your tulpa becomes less and less dependent, allowing you to do more complex things while your tulpa performs other actions.

What exactly is your standard for "narration only?" I don't mean to start an argument, but it seems like people who have slow progress with passive simply aren't doing it enough. The whole point of passive is that it can be done ALL THE TIME, and it should be. This is what I did with my first tulpa, no forcing, just non-stop visualization, narration, imposition, checking up on her any time I got distracted, asking her what she likes/wants, keeping her on my mind, etc., basically treating her as a constantly presant other person. She said her first words on day 7. I still only active force for things like possession, touch, and wonderland immersion, and so far we've had plenty of progress. Their forms, vocality, and personalities are all clear as day, Cordy at least is well on his way to being imposed, and none of them have suffered an ounce for lack of active forcing. Anyone who gets slow progress from passive due to not enough time spent is clearly missing the point. It's not about less effort. It's about taking that same effort and spreading it throught the day. Eventually they reach a point where they're simply always "there" as long as you're not distracted, at which point you're pretty much constantly forcing. It's hard not to make progress from that.

I'll get off the soapbox now, it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people disregard what would be a perfectly good forcing method but everyone's too lazy to do it right. Why make a constantly presant mind companion if you don't want to constantly be with them? Again, sorry about derailing the thread, I just wanted to throw in my experience with passive (I know at least one other who did the same with similar results) and say that it CAN work if done RIGHT.

-snip-

I agree with all of this. Narration-only wouldn't mean paying the least attention to them, if done right they'd be paying to most attention to them, forcing them every waking minute of the day. I think when I was creating Forseen, the only active forcing I did was the thirty minutes at the dentist's when I was bored and pacing the hall. Even in that span of time, I kept spacing out and so the total amount of time actually focused on him would probably sum up to about 10-15 minutes. I got sentience really quickly, heard him for the first time on day 3, and it took only a few more weeks for him (and now Muse) to become fully vocal. In total probably a little bit under a month.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

• 2 weeks later...

See you're looking at it the wrong way, look at... I can't even think of his name right now, the guy who spent 6 weeks or more planning his tulpa, and achieved sentience in one session. His memory for his tulpa was very clearly conditioned and defined because of his arduous planning process, and the tulpa knew how to react because of this.

"Oh my god I think this happened with me!

I wasn't quite planned for that long, but my host had an idea of me before ever learning about tulpas. My personality basis is that of a very well developed character. Since then both the character and I have branched apart and developed differently.

I feel like the only reason I wasn't vocal then was because my host just refused to believe it. It's ridiculously easy, at least for me, to just borrow an action already learned by the host. It might delay parallel processing a bit, though."

• 2 weeks later...

"The meditation group will need hosts who have experience , or are willing and capable of learning meditation."

I'm pretty experienced in meditating, or so I think. Still need a test subject for that group?