anticipated or planned for? For example, asserting their

own will, getting more involved in your daily activities, their

form has changed on its own,etc.

I only ask cause...I'm pretty sure my tulpa is not who

I once planned for her to be..I'm not upset, infact I'm

actually happy...but..she started out as a Pokémon..but

now..she's a Shapeshifter..or maybe she was always one

and I didn't notice until now..

I don't know..what about you guys? You have any stories to share?

My tulpas did not change in any significant way.

But I do want to point out: yes your tulpa was always capable of shapeshifting, like everyone else's.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I never expected my first tulpa, Cynthia, to completely (and I mean COMPLETELY[except her color hair{blue}]) change all of her looks. Not once, but TWICE! It was definitely a good thing though. Her personality changed a little, but all in all it was always for good. Accept those changes, it will mean the world.

Oh yeah, entirely. My tulpa's changed in every conceivable way since her creation. Her appearance is totally different (went from anime-based to fully realistic, different hair color, eye color, body proportions, etc.) and her personality has changed quite a bit, though I'm not sure if that's from trait deviation or just from changing as she's experienced life. The main difference is that she's less innocent than she used to be.

At the outset, I remember dreading the idea of her changing and morphing away from who I started her off as, almost like I was afraid she was going to become a total stranger if she changed appearance/personality. When the changes began, though, the result was the opposite. Increasingly she became less of a carbon-copy of an anime character, and more of a truly unique and unforgettable friend. As a bonus, it was a very special reminder that she was real and thinking independently.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Tulpas often change on their own and that's normal. You've got some theories talking about how it's changing to fit your "subconscious ideal" and all, but I just think that your Tulpa wants to be their own self. Their own self may or may not be exactly how you expected or wanted them to be, but it's still how they turn out. You can't stop them from being what they want to be, you can only accept the changes as they come along.