New here, and have a few questions about multiple tulpae.

I'm planning on making the Mane 6. Not all at once obviously, I know how multpile tulpae is somewhat frowned upon here lol, so don't troll me. I'll make 1 per week, that should be enough time for each one to get sentient™.

Anyway, the main question I have is whether or not I need to worry about some of the ponies getting jealous. I'll love everypony in my head of course, but some I just find cuter than the others, so I'll probably end up giving them more "special" attention than the others, if you know what I mean lol. Should I put in their trait list "not jealous"? That should work right? What if they deviate though to want more of my 'attention' when they see the other ponies are getting more than them?

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll post more if I can think of any other questions to ask.

Time to go ponyforce! :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These things have gone from a spiritual guide to toys, lol.

The Tibetans are probably rolling in their graves by now.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I'll put this as nicely as possible. Tulpae are not toys. Their form isn't to aesthetically please you, it's so you can identify them easier. If they choose to take a pony form to please you, then there's no harm in that, you should not create multiple tulpae just to have a full mane 6. As badly as I want a Princess Celestia to go with my Twilight Sparkle, I know that I would be making tulpae for the wrong reasons, and I understand that if my Twilight wants to become something else, that is her decision, and I will respect that, because I created her as a friend and guide first, and a pony 2nd. Although if she does end up wanting a Princess Celestia with her and decides to create a tulpa version of her, I won't stop her, as long as she understands what she's doing, and is willing to help me give her attention whether she turns out the way we planned or not. I do plan on creating a 2nd tulpa eventually, so she has a companion for when I'm sleeping/otherwise occupied, but I won't rely on that 2nd tulpa becoming Princess Celestia. But for me, anything more than 2 is preposterous.

Edit: Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with making multiple tulpae, just make sure you create them for the proper reasons. If you create them just to have more ponies, they will be greatly saddened. But if you create them mainly for companionship, and if they sense you'll still love them just as much even if they completely deviate, then I don't see any harm, as long as you're all happy in the end.

Edit 2: To further answer your question, 1 week might not be enough time to make a tulpa fully sentient. I've been working on Twi for close to a week and I assume she's sentient, although I'm not 100% sure if she's fully sentient yet. A tulpa is a lifelong companion which is a lot of responsibility. In fact, the tibetian monks had different minds from everyone else. They were much more disciplined and compassionate. Sorry if this seems like a long lecture (likely is), but I want to ensure that you know all the facts before you dive headfirst into this. I was like you and wanted to create a mane 6 too, but I realized that 1-2 tulpae are more then enough for me.

As for whether your tulpae will get jealous, they all end up deviating and developing emotions of their own, so there is a chance they might get jealous, even assume that you're trying to replace them. Communication is key here, you need to make sure they each fully understand that you love and value all of them, and spend around equal amounts of time on each of them. Most tulpae are pretty understanding, but not all, and one should never assume that that's the case before they get to know them.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

"From a spiritual guide to toys" aka. "From tools to toys" as a rhetoric would mean nothing has changed besides the audience. The tolerated lack of moralities and lack of unselfish dedication remains the same. I think that's a more stressful viewpoint to think about, can i have the meds now?

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Discord hit the nail on the head with this one. A tulpa is not their form nor should they expected to be acting like so. They are their own self and shouldn't have to take a form they're displeased with for your own benefit. I also disagree that one tulpa per week is enough to make them sentient and independent enough to comprehend more than the basics of consciousness, but as that is a disputed matter I will not discuss it any further.

The Mane Six, hmm? That's a common one around here. I will repeat what I said before in saying that they should not be expected to act like their show counterparts, and expecting them to do so can lead to identity issues and feelings of rejection/ being mere puppets. Just telling your tulpa that they won't get jealous won't really solve that entire issue. They can deviate, and though belief is a strong law of the mind, emotions are unpredictable and in my opinion, harder to shape than personality and mannerisms themselves.

Though many tend to have stronger bonds with one tulpa than others, I do not believe it fair for them to have to sit around while you obviously show more compassion to your favourite pony than that one. This is also a reason why I strongly disagree with having any more than three tulpas. Of course, this is really none of my business, simply my two-cents.

I'm not your mother and what you do is up to you, but in short, I advise strongly against forming the entirety of the Mane Six in six weeks, especially with what knowledge of future plans for you that have been brought to my attention through this thread.

I'll put this as nicely as possible. Tulpae are not toys. Their form isn't to aesthetically please you, it's so you can identify them easier. If they choose to take a pony form to please you, then there's no harm in that, you should not create multiple tulpae just to have a full mane 6. As badly as I want a Princess Celestia to go with my Twilight Sparkle, I know that I would be making tulpae for the wrong reasons, and I understand that if my Twilight wants to become something else, that is her decision, and I will respect that, because I created her as a friend and guide first, and a pony 2nd. Although if she does end up wanting a Princess Celestia with her and decides to create a tulpa version of her, I won't stop her, as long as she understands what she's doing, and is willing to help me give her attention whether she turns out the way we planned or not. I do plan on creating a 2nd tulpa eventually, so she has a companion for when I'm sleeping/otherwise occupied, but I won't rely on that 2nd tulpa becoming Princess Celestia. But for me, anything more than 2 is preposterous.

Edit: Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with making multiple tulpae, just make sure you create them for the proper reasons. If you create them just to have more ponies, they will be greatly saddened. But if you create them mainly for companionship, and if they sense you'll still love them just as much even if they completely deviate, then I don't see any harm, as long as you're all happy in the end.

Edit 2: To further answer your question, 1 week might not be enough time to make a tulpa fully sentient. I've been working on Twi for close to a week and I assume she's sentient, although I'm not 100% sure if she's fully sentient yet. A tulpa is a lifelong companion which is a lot of responsibility. In fact, the tibetian monks had different minds from everyone else. They were much more disciplined and compassionate. Sorry if this seems like a long lecture (likely is), but I want to ensure that you know all the facts before you dive headfirst into this. I was like you and wanted to create a mane 6 too, but I realized that 1-2 tulpae are more then enough for me.

As for whether your tulpae will get jealous, they all end up deviating and developing emotions of their own, so there is a chance they might get jealous, even assume that you're trying to replace them. Communication is key here, you need to make sure they each fully understand that you love and value all of them, and spend around equal amounts of time on each of them. Most tulpae are pretty understanding, but not all, and one should never assume that that's the case before they get to know them.

>Join date: Apr 2014

>Giving advice

professionals only please

Why the backlash? We're all friends here right? And you know what they say, friendship is magic!

mitä vittua do you want to turpaan vittu?

yes please.

I'm starting on my first one right now btw guys. Also, with the form, how vivid should the genitalia be? I assume I should add genitalia, "just in case". I'm not really sure what it looks like though, to be honest. Is it different on ponies than on humans? I guess I could just add her butthole for now...

edit: Guys! She just farted in my face! It's kind of gross, but I think this is the first sign of sentience :D

>Join date: Apr 2014

>Giving advice

professionals only please

Although Discord is a newbie and a total dork he has a point. And I've been at this before this site was founded.

Why the backlash? We're all friends here right? And you know what they say, friendship is magic!

Not really backlash. Just saying your goals are very immature and you sound like you want plain ol' imaginary friends instead of a tulpa.

hehe :^)

i wish i was still 12

so naive and vain

sitting in the back of a transit van

conversations with other paranoids

bright-eyed with my master plan; the snafu of tha eon

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Should've read all of it, Bin.

I have to save up my attention span for linkzelda's response.