Guide

June

I am planning on following FAQ mans guide strictly

dont say--->

*realistically it dosent take that long

*Using your own method is better

I want to know, Does FAQ mans guide work?

If so would you reccomend it? if not, why wouldnt you?

Understand I haven't reached imposition yet, but in my humble opinion, since FAQman's guide is closest to the traditional Tibetan method, it's probably the most direct method on the site.

People whine about the hour count -- yeah, you might impose faster than that. On the other hand, when we don't talk about hour counts, lots of people come in saying "I've been working on my tulpa for three whole days and she's not imposed yet! What am I doing wrong?"

So yeah, I'm all for FAQman's guide.

I am planning on following FAQ mans guide strictly

dont say--->

*realistically it dosent take that long

*Using your own method is better

If so would you reccomend it? if not, why wouldnt you?

FAQ_man's guide works, sure, but it's a bit outdated, and there are more guides out there that are both more comprehensive and detailed than his. I would suggest Kiahdaj's guide because it answers a lot of newbie questions.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with pulling methods from different guides to make your own groove, man. This is supposed to be a personal thing, man.

Thank you guys, but I'll follow faqmand for now until she's a little more developed

If you can actually commit to it without worrying too much on the hour count thing, at least you'll develop a good work ethic on how to assess forcing in general. It's a weird, but good vibe I got from FAQman's guide compared to the rest. It's just when I read it during my initial stages, it felt like this would be a serious endeavor in the first place, and after that, I just used concepts I learned from lucid dreaming to develop mine.

If you're one to be suggestive, and accepting self-fulfilling prophecies and what have you, and are able to reduce as much error in trial and error, even if you don't make major achievements, if you keep doing your best to apply perseverance, maybe you'll be in a better position compared to individuals that complain for months without doing anything because they're worried that breakthroughs won't happen.

I will keep an hour count, just out of curiosity for how long I have spent forcing.

its the most straight forward guide I've read

(is it bad if I force for how long he says for?)

No. The problem people have with it is that sometimes people impose much faster than what he says. Some people think you're limiting yourself if you think it must take a certain number of hours before you're done. You might be able to impose much faster.

Of course now that the forums are all anti-hour count, all the noobs expect to impose by the end of the afternoon, which is almost always absurdly unrealistic.

Yes it does.

It's not my preferred method, but it certainly is effective - especially if you're one of those people that has trouble getting things done without some sort of well-defined structure.

I will keep an hour count, just out of curiosity for how long I have spent forcing.

You may achieve results quicker if you don't count hours. Hour counts set some sort of expectation. You should expect the outcome, but disregard the hour estimates.

(is it bad if I force for how long he says for?)

The more the better.