Would you like to be better at visualization? Then I want your help!

sushi

I'm going to post a reminder a few days early so that everyone can retake it when they're ready.

For the results, I was thinking I'd just post the numbers in this thread. This percentage of the subjects were in this group, using this guide, and their abilities in this kind of visualization increased by this percentage. That way everyone can get an idea of what worked, and everyone can still be anonymous.

Unless people want more information/don't mind more information about them being revealed.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have to go through three weeks of psychic regression, so I'll use Crysta as a focal point and attempt to empower myself with this test, so feel free to use my results...

How do we Ascend through the falling clouds?

• 2 weeks later...

The month isn't quite up yet, but I know a few people wanted to finish a little earlier for various reasons.

In my time zone, about half of us started on the 15th, a little less than half of us started on the 16th, and the remainder started after that.

In my time zone, today is the 11th, making twenty-seven days since this topic was posted. I'm posting this now to remind everyone that for most of us, our first experiment is coming to a close. If you started on the 15th, the 14th will be thirty days, and if you started on the 16th, the 15th will be thirty days.

Remember, you don't have to do exactly thirty days. If you'd rather do more or less, feel free. Thirty days is just a suggestion.

Also, even if you didn't do what you said you'd do at the beginning of the month, your results are still valuable. If you said you'd do 30 minutes a day, and you ended up just watching TV all month, you're just part of our control group now. We'd still like to know how you did.

I notice that several people followed my example in working with this guide. That's really cool because in a few days we'll be getting some idea of how helpful that guide is. I think it would be fun to do that again next month, so if anyone has a visualization guide that they want to recommend, please do so. Of course everyone is still welcome to use whatever guide they want, but it would be nice to have a suggestion for those who haven't picked a guide yet.

So far, looking at our data from the beginning of the month, about a tenth of us aren't doing any visualizing, around a third are following the guide I linked, about a tenth are using another specific guide, and the remainder are doing visualization either with a range of guides or no guides at all.

I'll post a more complete report around the 18th when everyone's' results are in.

I think I did exactly 30 days. I stopped working so religiously on imposition pretty quickly after taking the survey, because I'm lazy, and I think I managed to be an even better control than planned. Literally all I did, besides just a few short imposition sessions, was casually visualize my tulpas when I felt like it. I'm pretty sure I made technical progress survey-wise, and considering not only did I not follow a guide but I didn't even have my own schedule, I can't imagine a better way to be a "control" for non-guided, periodic casual visualization.

I remembered to time myself this time, but the puzzles were sliightly harder. I don't think I made more than ~5-10 seconds progress technically, though it took me less time to memorize the letters. I don't know if I mentioned on the first test, but I completely forgot to time myself the first time and put in a number that seemed reasonable but higher than my actual would've been, so.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest NightDreaming

I did it! I'm willing to participate. I hope I'll remember though. It seems interesting even if initially, I sort of mistook the test as something that would tell me if I'm doing visualization right or wrong. Heh, silly me!

Er... I'm looking at the forum replies and it seems like this is a little old. Apologies if this experiment is possibly over! I'm very used to forums that only allow the most recent topics on top.

I don't think there's a limit to how many times/when you can do it. This is just around the time people who did it when the post was made are finishing. They can do it again if they want, too.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Exactly as Reisen said. You're never too late to join in. We are always looking for more people, or the same people additional times. And I know people forget, so I'll post a reminder in another thirty days. As long as you watch new posts, you should see it. And if you miss it and go a bit longer than thirty days, that's ok too.

Also as Reisen said, it has been around thirty days for most of us. If it's been around thirty days for you, you can get your results in today or tomorrow. I'll post results in a few days.

I know a few people started several days after the rest of us. If that's you, you can finish anytime you like. You can post your results now, or wait until it's been thirty days, and I'll just include your results in the next batch a month from now.

If you want, everyone is welcome to do another month. If anyone wants to recommend a visualization guide, feel free.

If anyone pretests for the second time, you'll find that all the timed questions are the same as last time. I may get rid of these questions altogether, depending on how much they tell us this week. What does everyone think?

I completely forgot the test.

I've already done it.

Also the guide you post sushi were really helpful.

I had reorder the exercises (8-3-4-6-7-5-2-1-9) because the first one was kind of difficult.

About the timed part I think questions can vary every month.

English is not my native language

Tulpa : Merry

Well, I've updated the first post with the results that have come in so far. So far, not much has come in, but I'll continue to update this as I hear more.

As Reisen said, the end of the month test is a little bit harder than the beginning of the month test, so I find it interesting that everyone, even in the control group, has done better after a month.