A message for the Guests on this forum

Pleeb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a reason to continue to allow guests to post.

About the trolls, some we can ignore. However, others we can not. Take the thread that has over 1,200 views at the time of this post. The guest made it seem like he had a legit problem, and then turned around and revealed that we had all just wasted our time replying to him. Trolls like that obviously can not be ignored because we don't know that they are trolls until we've already invested time in them.

Other people can abuse the guest's anonymity, and pose as other guests. A guest could have a legit question, and then another guest can come in and make it seem like the guest who asked the question was just trolling.

It takes absolutely no effort in spamming with as a guest. At least with registered accounts it takes a few minutes, and the spammer will get bored quicker.

Any guest can come on and give bogus advice, and other users won't be able to see the other posts that the guest made to see whether or not he should be trusted with his information. With registered users, you can tell who gives legit advice and who doesn't based off their past posts. Unlike 4chan and it's anonymity, "take no credit", we should actually want people to take credit for their posts, good or bad. Users should make their own impression on people, and should either be shunned or accepted based on how useful they are. Why do we want a bunch of users who don't do shit besides circlejerk around? People posting ">Not making your tulpa a pony", etc. in every single thread without once offering something useful are meaningless to us and should not be allowed to post if they aren't willing to give something back, whether it be a guide or just their own legit progress.

Honestly, I think that users should have to register and then wait 3 days before they are allowed to post. That will further reduce spamming, because nobody wants to wait 3 days just to spam a forum.

About the trolls, some we can ignore. However, others we can not. Take the thread that has over 1,200 views at the time of this post. The guest made it seem like he had a legit problem, and then turned around and revealed that we had all just wasted our time replying to him. Trolls like that obviously can not be ignored because we don't know that they are trolls until we've already invested time in them.

Other people can abuse the guest's anonymity, and pose as other guests. A guest could have a legit question, and then another guest can come in and make it seem like the guest who asked the question was just trolling.

It takes absolutely no effort in spamming with as a guest. At least with registered accounts it takes a few minutes, and the spammer will get bored quicker.

Any guest can come on and give bogus advice, and other users won't be able to see the other posts that the guest made to see whether or not he should be trusted with his information. With registered users, you can tell who gives legit advice and who doesn't based off their past posts. Unlike 4chan and it's anonymity, "take no credit", we should actually want people to take credit for their posts, good or bad. Users should make their own impression on people, and should either be shunned or accepted based on how useful they are. Why do we want a bunch of users who don't do shit besides circlejerk around? People posting ">Not making your tulpa a pony", etc. in every single thread without once offering something useful are meaningless to us and should not be allowed to post if they aren't willing to give something back, whether it be a guide or just their own legit progress.

Honestly, I think that users should have to register and then wait 3 days before they are allowed to post. That will further reduce spamming, because nobody wants to wait 3 days just to spam a forum.

Very few people want to wait 3 days to post on a forum about unverifiable mind faeries. Enjoy your obscurity.

Very few people want to wait 3 days to post on a forum about unverifiable mind faeries. Enjoy your obscurity.

Good. Why do we want people who can't even wait 3 days? They are the people who post twelve irrelevant things and then leave forever, or are completely useless, tulpaforce once, then come back and complain that this is all just a huge troll and then leave.

So, again, why do we want these people to be posting?

Who wants to create Tulpachan?

I would not be against this if you guys wanted to do that, and would even link to it in the links section if so desired.

Excluding the last part about a three-day wait, I think I can agree with these points.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Good. Why do we want people who can't even wait 3 days? They are the people who post twelve irrelevant things and then leave forever, or are completely useless, tulpaforce once, then come back and complain that this is all just a huge troll and then leave.

So, again, why do we want these people to be posting?

A closed off community decays and dies.

You'll be like those people who thought their Sonic Adventure 2 chao predicted 9/11.

God forbid people have to lurk for three whole days. It's not like they could be tulpaforcing during that time or anything. You know, before they are trapped with the constant desire to ask, "SO GUYS HOW ARE YOUR TULPA COMING ALONG?"

If you ask me, the three day wait is a godsend. In fact, there should be at least one day every week that this forum is shut down so people aren't constantly lured back to it every five minutes.

God forbid people have to lurk for three whole days. It's not like they could be tulpaforcing during that time or anything. You know, before they are trapped with the constant desire to ask, "SO GUYS HOW ARE YOUR TULPA COMING ALONG?"

If you ask me, the three day wait is a godsend. In fact, there should be at least one day every week that this forum is shut down so people aren't constantly lured back to it every five minutes.

This forum isn't nearly as interesting as tulpaforcing. You just lack willpower.

This forum isn't nearly as interesting as tulpaforcing. You just lack willpower.

You shouldn't assume that I was talking about myself. I'm probably one of the leads in the amount of time people have spent on their tulpa. However, you should take a look at all the people who are a month in and don't even have ten hours under their belt, and who post in off-topic and in the shoutbox like there's no tomorrow. They are the ones that need a day without temptation.

I think that the thing is, the reaction to the problem, probably wont stop it. Would the thread in question have ended up any differently if the guest had been forced to make an account instead? The only difference I can see is that he would have had an easier time by not having to type in verification codes with each post.

It is also pretty simple to make an account, I imagine it is just as simple to make ten accounts.

I would have never bothered signing up if I hadnt been able to post as a guest at first, which doesnt really matter I suppose, but as I said to begin with, I take issue with any new rules that wouldnt fix the problem they are meant to address.

I dont have any answers, all I can say is that, account or not, people should try to take a moment to consider claims being made, and not get too worked up over them