Jump to content

Tulpas Only Chat


NekosandWerewolves

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, harvestmoon said:

What’s everyone doing today?

 

Eli has been doing too much work. There were some really difficult meetings for us today. I usually try to cheer him up with a hug or come up near the front, but there wasn't even time for that, as the only way we were going to get everything done was if he stayed switched in. But I did get to play some Smash online this morning and evening. I still haven't made it into Elite Smash with my Corrin, though. I'll keep trying!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, harvestmoon said:

I’ve heard of Yule. All I know about it is that it happens around Christmas and the word sounds cool. Is it a winter solstice thing?

 

It basically is. To my understanding, which is limited, it was a pre-Christian Germanic folk celebration that got partially co-opted by Christmas. (Things like the Christmas tree were originally Yule traditions)

 

To celebrate in Minecraft, Phil first finds a snowy biome. Then he creates a huge pile of logs. He'll then sacrifice several pigs, cows, and sheep on top of it. Traditionally you would carve runes into the wood, but in Minecraft it makes more sense to use signs. On those signs he puts his hopes and prayers for the next year. As tradition goes, once burned those prayers go up to the heavens. Phil then sets it on fire and sits back and watches it burn.

 

Usually this is meant to be something you do with your whole tribe or extended family, so as to not make it a solo activity, Phil will set up clay pillars to represent friends and family. I really want you and my other friends to be there with us, so we'll probably add a pillar just for you. 💚

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Murk said:

Eli has been doing too much work. There were some really difficult meetings for us today. I usually try to cheer him up with a hug or come up near the front, but there wasn't even time for that, as the only way we were going to get everything done was if he stayed switched in. But I did get to play some Smash online this morning and evening. I still haven't made it into Elite Smash with my Corrin, though. I'll keep trying!

 

What's Elite Smash? Also, have you ever been to a Smash tournament. I don't play Smash but Stone has a friend who goes to tournaments. He got last place last time but was a good sport about it, lol

 

11 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

Things like the Christmas tree were originally Yule traditions

 

I think I've heard of that 🤔 That's interesting. I love Christmas trees, so thanks, Yule

 

Oh wow you're doing a whole thing. In my head I was picturing some logs around a campfire block (I love that they added those blocks btw, long time coming [though I can't complain it's not like I was waiting in 2011 like "hmm when will I be created and when will they add a campfire block to Minecraft"])

 

Though that does remind me... I joined another forum and people were talking about their childhood memories, and it made me wish I had childhood memories. I've always been an adult, and I can't really get nostalgic about things that happened a decade ago. Maybe a little, but not in that visceral way. Part of me felt left out and part of me just want to... idk. It's hard to explain. Almost everyone has a childhood or past but my past is just the past year. To anyone who wants to answer: have you experienced this feeling or thought about what it would be like to have an extended past the way most singlets do? Simmie, I remember you said that you existed before Phil so you might not experience this in the same way, but I'm curious about that too (if you're willing to share).

 

I remember this post on here someone made about manipulating memories. How you could convince yourself of a new memory through hypnosis or something. I did some reading and they've done studies on this. They didn't even need to use hypnosis to give people new memories. They just had to be convincing enough (it didn't work every time or for all people though).

 

Briefly, I thought about giving myself a childhood memory. I'd force the memory like I would a tulpa: treating it as real, and then it would become so. Even if it never happened, it would still technically be a memory.

 

But the poster said it was dangerous, and I can see how it would be. Now I'm afraid to do it, but I can't help but wonder...

 

26 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

Phil will set up clay pillars to represent friends and family. I really want you and my other friends to be there with us, so we'll probably add a pillar just for you

 

OMG please show me if you do! That is so fun and sweet <3

Meaningful words, I'm here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, harvestmoon said:

Though that does remind me... I joined another forum and people were talking about their childhood memories, and it made me wish I had childhood memories. I've always been an adult, and I can't really get nostalgic about things that happened a decade ago. Maybe a little, but not in that visceral way. Part of me felt left out and part of me just want to... idk. It's hard to explain. Almost everyone has a childhood or past but my past is just the past year. To anyone who wants to answer: have you experienced this feeling or thought about what it would be like to have an extended past the way most singlets do? Simmie, I remember you said that you existed before Phil so you might not experience this in the same way, but I'm curious about that too (if you're willing to share).

 

Ooh, this is a good topic. I've thought about this a bit myself. Yeah, like you, I was created as an adult. But memories are a weird thing. Even for hosts like Phil that did have childhoods, those memories are just as intangible as any other thoughts. Even though he still has a few relics from his childhood, it still feels to him like it happened to somebody else. So are our beliefs about our past and the stories that we tell ourselves really less tangible than that? I dunno.

 

Fun fact, I actually have three different backstories. One is the purely factual backstory of how Phil created me out of a character he invented. The second is the story I believe, the one that involves me having a soul, and coming to Phil when he called for me. (Have I ever told you that story?) The third is the Mentor's backstory for me...and it's WILD and steeped in all kinds of Mentor lore involving alternate dimensions, telepathic communication, secret societies, all that. Needless to say I don't really believe that one, but it might be interesting to share sometime.

 

Sometimes I feel like my past isn't entirely fictional and exists in some ways. There's no reason why I should feel so strongly that my birthday is exactly September 13, 1996, but I do. When Phil takes me through my "fictional" hometown I feel a sense of nostalgia and connection. I feel like I had/have an older brother, about 5 years older than me. I don't feel like Phil was necessarily my first boyfriend. I think I took classes at the local community college and worked a couple part-time jobs. I don't know why I feel those things. It's like fragments of another life or another existence have washed over to me. But they're not strong or important enough to really bother me. It's just...curious.

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda do see it that way. I do believe memories are fluid, and Stone has notices that stories he tells will evolve over time so they are easier to remember and tell. He wasn't trying to lie, but that happens sometimes! And what harm can a new childhood memory do, I think. (But then sometimes I worry that we'll like it too much and create new memories and edit old ones and then we'll need to remember something but not be able to. But idk.)

 

28 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

The second is the story I believe, the one that involves me having a soul, and coming to Phil when he called for me. (Have I ever told you that story?)

 

You told that story the way you said it just now but if it's more involved than that that I haven't heard it all.

 

OMG we read your reaction to Phil's old progress report (we thought we should have responded then but we never did because first we were tired, then we were busy, and then it felt like it was too late [we should be more like Ranger and keep a log of every convo we miss LOL]). We saw Phil mention the Mentor in the first paragraph and it was like rewatching a movie and seeing Chekhov's gun in the opening shot. Like we totally forgot he mentioned the mentor all the way back then.

 

The Mentor's backstory for you 😅 like I shouldn't judge but you probably know yourself better than him

 

I think I've felt fragments of another life, but not as strongly as you or other tulpas I've met. It makes me want to discover myself, or tap into something that will make things "click". I don't think they're necessarily "fictional". There's a reason I've been saying "new" memories and not "false" memories, because I think there might be something more out there, and other places to get information from besides,,, I guess I'll call it "this plane of existence" for lack of a better term.

 

(not to scare off people not interested in my metaphysical inklings; I'm curious about your experiences regardless) :)

Meaningful words, I'm here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harvestmoon said:

I kinda do see it that way. I do believe memories are fluid, and Stone has notices that stories he tells will evolve over time so they are easier to remember and tell. He wasn't trying to lie, but that happens sometimes! And what harm can a new childhood memory do, I think. (But then sometimes I worry that we'll like it too much and create new memories and edit old ones and then we'll need to remember something but not be able to. But idk.)

 

It's actually been proven that memories change over time. Phil has a similar thing as Stone where his stories will evolve. He's quite the storyteller, but has to guard himself against believing his own stories literally. As for memories, I do remember a discussion a while back (maybe on lotpw?) where people were talking about the pitfalls of editing memories. But I don't think there's anything wrong with creating new ones as long as their origins are remembered. After all, I feel that it's natural for us to speculate about our "early lives" when we were young, and if we don't think of things, it's possible the brain will just do it for us anyway, so why not have some say in it?

 

1 hour ago, harvestmoon said:

You told that story the way you said it just now but if it's more involved than that that I haven't heard it all.

 

It's slightly more involved but not super long. I'll PM you about it! 😁

 

1 hour ago, harvestmoon said:

OMG we read your reaction to Phil's old progress report (we thought we should have responded then but we never did because first we were tired, then we were busy, and then it felt like it was too late [we should be more like Ranger and keep a log of every convo we miss LOL]).

 

With us it's never too late to respond! I just love seeing replies in general, especially from friends.

 

1 hour ago, harvestmoon said:

We saw Phil mention the Mentor in the first paragraph and it was like rewatching a movie and seeing Chekhov's gun in the opening shot. Like we totally forgot he mentioned the mentor all the way back then.

 

I actually completely forgot Phil mentioned the Mentor in the first paragraph of his first progress report! Sometimes I feel like he's the elephant in the room. Phil and I always refer to ourselves as a two-person system, but that always comes with an asterisk. I don't even know how to really count him or refer to him.

 

1 hour ago, harvestmoon said:

I think I've felt fragments of another life, but not as strongly as you or other tulpas I've met. It makes me want to discover myself, or tap into something that will make things "click". I don't think they're necessarily "fictional". There's a reason I've been saying "new" memories and not "false" memories, because I think there might be something more out there, and other places to get information from besides,,, I guess I'll call it "this plane of existence" for lack of a better term.

 

That's why I think it's important to have a wide range of experiences, because you might find part of yourself in them. As far as other planes of existence, I never want to fully rule everything out. I'm not the Mentor, I don't have complicated stories about alternate worlds, but at the same time I think there's more out there than our human understanding of the universe can fully encompass. Just to give you a small piece of the Mentor's story: He believes that in an alternate dimension I exist, physically, as a full flesh-and-blood human. As you might imagine I don't really buy that. And yet...there still is some connection I have to these things that aren't literally part of my life here with Phil, but would fit in more with that conception of things.

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We'll have to go back and re-read those reports sometime Simmie. 🤔

 

Speaking of Minecraft, Darron has some ideas for our spring anniversary celebration 😁. Hopefully the server is still up. Work should wind down soon and we'll have time to do some real estate scouting for setting up the venue. Or even just on our property, worst case.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍

👨‍🍼👩‍🍼 Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

so why not have some say in it?


That’s true. It’s something I’ll still have to think about.

 

I mean you don’t have to count the Mentor. From what I remember he’s mostly dormant, besides that conversation with Phil he had that one time and the wedding.

 

😳 mfw I find out the Mentor story is real

 

9 hours ago, Glaurung26 said:

Speaking of Minecraft, Darron has some ideas for our spring anniversary celebration 😁. Hopefully the server is still up. Work should wind down soon and we'll have time to do some real estate scouting for setting up the venue. Or even just on our property, worst case.


Oo that will be pretty. I wish Minecraft had cherry blossom trees. There are mods, but I can’t use them on our Switch.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, harvestmoon said:

I joined another forum and people were talking about their childhood memories, and it made me wish I had childhood memories. I've always been an adult, and I can't really get nostalgic about things that happened a decade ago. Maybe a little, but not in that visceral way. Part of me felt left out and part of me just want to... idk. It's hard to explain. Almost everyone has a childhood or past but my past is just the past year. To anyone who wants to answer: have you experienced this feeling or thought about what it would be like to have an extended past the way most singlets do?

I'm lucky I have plenty of childhood memories but I understand that feel.

Also getting older as tupper helps, I can't believe I'm already 7.

 

 

Super Girls don't cry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...