Focusing via binaural beats

ricinsbluebox

So I've attempted doing this before so this topic isn't new for myself.  But last night I wanted to give it a go with a different set of beats since active forcing with Skye without anything else to focus on ended up with me falling asleep 10/10.

For those of you who have heard of I-Doser (or binaural beats in general; it's nothing new really), it's a set of tracks that play different binaural beats used for different purposes.  Some are for focusing, others are for creativity, waking up, etc. (even binaural beats are subject to debate on if they actually work for their intended purpose) Last night I ended up active forcing for about forty minutes while the beats played in my ears.  I managed to focus for most of it while laying in bed and comfortable as possible and didn't fall asleep.  To some degree I think it plays on sense deprivation.  While you can't focus with eyesight on something or hear any outside stimulus, you end up focusing on the only thing you can - which is the white noise/beats playing into your earholes.  The final point I'm trying to make during this rambling is that you have no idea how much time is passing or has passed.  It gets you to active force for as long as the track has played (in my experience, anyway).

I tried this earlier today as well (it's 6:30 PM where I live right now) and did another half hour and then some just to see if my brain would cooperate.  It did.  So the focusing part helped me not to fall asleep, which was great and I think I'll continue this to see if I can do at least an hour every day in half-hour intervals.  

Anyone else try this or want to test this as well?  I'd love to hear about it! (pun kind of intended!)

- Ricin the Pirate Wolf

"And here's another curse - may all your bacon BURN," - Calcifer; Howl's Moving Castle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think if you want to boost the imaginative and focussing power of the mind, you will want a red noise generator. My host actually created one a long time ago. Not sure if we still have it on file.

I'd warn you though, high quality red noise can induce hallucinations in those susceptible. You also need headphones capable of reaching the low notes. Like 5hz.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I don't know about I-Doser. Only things I've heard about that years ago were people freaking out listening to them. "E-Drugs", the stupidest thing I've ever seen people fall for.

For more normal binaural beats (maybe the I-Doser has non "E-Drug" tracks? I don't know) and isochronic tones, we were never able to distinguish their effects from placebo, but to that extent they can work well enough I suppose. I never thought about comparing them to colored noise, but then, I've never heard of red noise. Just these ones.

We used them for "inducing lucid dreams" or getting to a point where we could sleep anyway. Had a single track with very quiet music to it on our ipod, which has to this day more plays than almost any of our other songs, despite not listening to it for two years now. That we gave up using it favor of actual sleep-inducing music says about all there is to say on our experiences with them both, tones and beats.

They probably affect others more or less than they do us though. I personally don't believe in brainwave entrainment anymore, not in an "it doesn't exist" way but a "no faith in its effects" way. Normal music should work fine if you can find the right kinds, and if not some people may benefit from static or rain noises. A lot of binaural beats videos exist for sleep and lucid dreaming or just plain relaxation that have various kinds of music or soothing sounds, isochronic tones too usually in a purer form. With or without true brainwave entrainment they may still have some effect just as music would.

But yeah, not interested in messing with that stuff anymore. All I know of "I-Dosing" is that it's a complete joke when it comes to being an E-Drug, not until now have I heard it actually had legitimate uses. And we experimented with all sorts of beats and tones in our attempts to learn lucid dreaming years ago with not a single one impressing upon us. So there's my input on my own experience. For those just looking into them though, I'd say they're worth trying out if you stick to traditional/non-crazy places of the internet to find them. Do not pay for them (not much anyways), and don't fall for the E-Drug placebo BS if you do happen upon those things. Youtube should work fine, though if you're an audiophile I guess you'll have to look harder. They probably provide download links most of the time.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I dabbled with binaural beats for a while: they were nice for a quick gimmick, yet I didn't find anything particularly useful in them. One of the greatest teachers on this site, LucidAcid, had once stated that any kind of sound in constant repetition would render effects similar to these beats.

Personally, I enjoy a lack of stimuli to affect my senses - I would very much enjoy trying out a sensory deprivation chamber.

What I best like is lying down and allowing partial hypnosis/dissociation to take hold - effectively a lack of sensation in one's body, especially the hands and arms. For myself, it's like allocating priority to my thoughts and mind and especially my tulpa.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

I did binaural beats, and isochronics as well:

[video=youtube]

Still shooting for 12 hours, but every time I get a day off, or two days off, or the rare three days off, life doesn't care about me anymore to do it. :( They are useful elevator background music to even put in the time sink. I usually listened to alpha isochronics for hours on end, and I think doing that rather than the hour or so people typically put into them had more usefulness for me. But usually 10 hours gets shrugged off anyway because this forum is has high standards. Not tulpaing enough, apparently, to some people.

Tulpa001: I'm uhmm... *cough* used to hallucinations, I'll leave it at that.  I'll definitely look some up though and test those out!

Twei: I never really believed in the "E-Drug" portion of I-Doser either so I never used them or using Binaural beats for that anyway.

LinkZelda: Wait, you don't meant twelve hours straight, do you?  (which would seem kind of ridiculous anyway) and even twelve hours broken up is a hell of a lot of time to spend what I assume is forcing.  I could barely handle six the other day without frying my brain to hell today so I took the day off from forcing with Skye.  I've been trying this afternoon to at least do some passive forcing with her as I remember it though.

Karl: That's interesting, I'll look into that as well!  I once tried a similar thing using a train ride sound to help and my brain started doing gymnastics with me.  Maybe I'll try that when forcing with Skye this evening/night.  

As for my testing since I posted this my focus is still pretty okay and after six+ hours of using it whenever I really hunker down and actively force with Skye I'd say it's been pretty productive.  But I'll gladly take more suggestions for more proper colored noise if that might help!

"And here's another curse - may all your bacon BURN," - Calcifer; Howl's Moving Castle

He did it for 10 hours straight already, so 2 hours wouldn't be much of a difference. It's just that when trying to do it, it's like trying to image stream with the visual experience that was stacked and learned beforehand. In other words, what was experienced during the later portions of that large time of image streaming will perpetuate in future sessions. So, it's not like doing 10 hours of it before + 2. That's why it's hard to do it sometimes, which means we just have to do shorter periods of it every now and then in preparation for that.

Eva: Just as you commented I was going to ask what exactly image streaming was, then I looked up some techniques to improve visualization in one's mind's eye and guess what came up? Image streaming. I guess I'm quite still not clear on what you mean though... so is it like a "previous on [insert TV show name here]" sort of thing? As if the end of one session appears in your mind's eye in the start of the next? This opens up quite a new world for me.

Yeah, basically. I'm using weird analogies, but it's like powering up on the visualization, and it's not really going to go down in quality, even if you don't do the sessions as much if you did one session for a long period of time. But again, that's just the impression of one person's experience. Over time, I'm sure the quality will decrease, but it can still be initiated at some point.

Another response to your question is that when you're debriefing yourself over what was done in a previous session, i.e., reading it over, one may end up image streaming that same session in a different way, or in a similar way with some nuances. It may even be a new kickstart for another session as well. But, you don't necessarily have to start another session from the previous experiences of one.