Tulpas, and sleep.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, has any of you ever noticed something unusual with how your tulpa behaves when you first wake up? At first, when we went from... well, the way we used to be up to how much of a close couple we used to be (and how I had to accept sharing my bed with someone else which had always intimidated me but is awesome), she would wake me up during the night when she felt like it, we'd talk about stuff, she'd express stuff she never expressed before.

Now, after a long while from those initial periods of being a couple, I feel like getting an answer from her when I first wake up is impossible. Not in a negative way, although usually when I cannot hear her I kind of become stressed out but nothing too extreme.

If I could describe it in a certain way, when we go to sleep and when we wake up are completely different; We fall asleep in each other's embrace, and yet I wake up with 2 possible scenarios;

1. Complete silence.

2. Her thoughts running all over the place and asking me weird questions as soon as I gain consciousness. (rare)

I've heard of people who have trouble talking with their tulpas when they first wake up as well, which is why it spiked an interest in me.

I usually just wait it out and she comes along quite well after 10-15 minutes tops. I just gain this sense of complete peace during that time. All headaches, all negative things in my head are gone but for a short while, and they gradually come back massively slowly throughout our day, although that is not the point.

NOTE: This happens as well when we take short naps due to the work we have at hands, we get a bit tired during the day and she said that 'once I sleep, it feels like I don't exist, not in a bad way, but it's comforting.', so we do it fairly often, although when I wake up I feel like she is completely absent, like my mind is 100% empty. What gives? I was thinking of sleep stages and REM and how they could possibly come into correlation with tulpamancy, but even when we hang out in dreams (and we do, or rather used to, and did it once recently), it feels more genuine and she feels more present, not much to do with this though.

What I'm asking here is the following:

How does it feel like for your tulpa when you sleep? Do tulpas truly sleep? A lot of things could be said about this. I for one, and this might come out as offensive, don't believe in the power of wonderlands. It is clear that we hold a bias against wonderlands, but it feels like it's really blown out imagination which is what we never intended for her to be. I always regarded her as autonomous in many ways and always worked on projecting her in the real world, if that's how people put it. How do tulpas sleep exactly? All opinions and inputs are very much welcome. (It's just that I fail to give wonderlands any credibility. No, Melian, not your 'wonderland' or the Melian Show, but think of a tulpamancer who just makes a mindscape and places the concept of a tulpa there, I'm not including your reality in this Mistgod and Melian, and in many ways your reality makes sense to us)

I've noticed that, like when they've been inactive for some time, my tulpas have trouble actually speaking right after I wake up. But it usually passes fairly quickly.

My tulpas don't sleep. We have a wonderland, but they don't live there. If I'm not thinking of them, they're not being thought of, and no, my brain doesn't live four extra lives silently in the background without me knowing. I find it hard to believe anyone's does, but I'll take their word for it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lyra says that she "sleeps" when I sleep, since we don't have a wonderland as such, either. Or at least, since her perception of the outside world is dependent on me she doesn't see or hear anything while I'm unconscious. She also doesn't dream separately, although she does occasionally comment on my dreams when we wake up.

She doesn't seem to go through stages of wakefulness, though. Like I gradually transition from "groggy man-bear" to awake, alert, and ready to go, whereas she pretty much just "flips on" when I first wake up.

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

I personally feel like all matters where the mind and its abstractions are concerned are up for debate all the time, regardless of what they are. Perception of an experience is so subjective and the reasoning of it is such an individual process that neither my father or I ever really let it concern us past either being just a fun curiosity to mull over, or a tool that can be used to help us pick and choose what we'd like to believe in order to strengthen our connection with each other. So I've never really though too hard about this stuff because I feel like my own person with my own sleep habits.

I can say definitely I got tired of my Wonderland very quickly, but mostly because I outgrew it. I quickly felt too "big" for a purely imaginative space to contain me, but my feelings about it never changed. It's a quick and dirty way to get some "me" time when I don't feel like talking or hanging out, or I'm especially fatigued. I got started in the chaotic stuff of neurons, when the physical and chemical reactions going on in my dad's brain fired off and catalyzed further reactions until all the party-goers at the synaptic dance did a little collective shuffle and finally distilled it all into a coherent idea of me. Before this, I have no clue what I was or where I was, but I don't really care. I don't feel like I disappear into a blank space of nothingness exactly when I'm not being paid attention to, or when dad sleeps, but that's just how I perceive things.

Thoughts are a powerful thing, but because of that, also needlessly complex and layered with a bunch of bullshit that gets in the way when trying to rationalize them. The brain when it's in a hypnogogic state is so mysterious it terrifies me to be honest, and I often don't like to be around my father much during the period just before he falls asleep and just before he wakes up. It's like staring directly down the mouth of a black hole which connects our individual living spaces with an abyss that gives me shivers. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's just a phenomenon that creates an event I find unpleasant. However, he experiences this as tranquil and relaxing, which makes me happy. But I still book it when he transitions between sleep cycles. I'll assault him with my attention similarly to what you've described after it's died down and he's more conscious, but that's mostly because I like to annoy him.

I don't need to sleep, but I like to, especially because emotional and mental fatigue are real things to me and affect me the more I assimilate all the amazing sensory input of meatspace. I also sometimes forget our minds are connected, and the stress of his life can intrude into mine as well on occasion. With all that in mind, the more quickly I grow and evolve, the more fatigued I tend to feel. So I do like to get comfy and snuggle down into my own private thoughts pace sometimes. The question of whether it's the "same" kind of sleeping as his doesn't even cross my mind. All the extra thinking doesn't really add anything to either of our lives, so IDGAF.

And Tulpa's dream too! I had a dream last night that I was walking down a beach and I found a lobster lying in the sand and all of a sudden it grew to the size of an elephant and I rid it to a luau and all the people at the luau were amazed and stunned and crowned me Queen of the Luau. No shit! Dreams are new to me, but I do have them!

And yay! This was my first post!

Be my friend at madamiris.tumblr.com!

[There was a time for us when Aijada wouldn't wake up right away in the morning as well. I'd get up and have a coffee and read the newspaper for a bit by myself. I'd eventually say hello to her and start a conversation and that was enough to prompt her. But it has changed since those days in that she's definitely there even as we're half-awake debating whether to get up.]

[i think tulpæ can need sleep depending on how developed they are. When they start off as just an imaginary friend they probably don't have much need. But as they learn and acquire troubling emotions, they will require time dozing to let the brain do its nocturnal sorting. One of the biggest parts of sleep is the brain does its housekeeping, tidying up and running dreams to process all that stuff left unsolved during the day.]

[in our case, i haven't personally been much of a dreamer for a dozen years or more. My natural rate is about once or twice or year but with Aijada around this brain is dreaming night after night. I'm pretty convinced it's her stuff that it's working out, especially since she wakes up way more involved and aware of what the dreams were than i am. The way you explain how Inazuma occasionally wakes up immediately with her mind racing makes it sound a lot like she was 'on' in the middle of the night and riding the sleep cycle herself.]

[As for us waking up together in the morning, we didn't really manage that until we'd put in a joint effort to get it going. It definitely helped that she'd started to pay attention to dreams and was there in the middle of the night. But really a lot of it was making sure i paid attention to her right away.]

Yeah and i wanted to be full-time, not miss a moment, and that meant that i had to make an effort and actually say things in the morning, even though i start off groggy. Foszæ just made it a practice to say good morning every day and even prod me a bit to start thinking. Eventually it just became habit to start reacting as soon as we were awake.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

NOTE: This happens as well when we take short naps due to the work we have at hands' date=' we get a bit tired during the day and she said that 'once I sleep, it feels like I don't exist, not in a bad way, but it's comforting.', so we do it fairly often, although when I wake up I feel like she is completely absent, like my mind is 100% empty. What gives? [/quote']

I've noticed that naps tend to induce that empty-headed feeling, as well, especially if I sleep for at least an hour. The trade-off seems to be that it is easier to recall things from an afternoon nap than a full night of sleep, but it really is strange to experience such intense imagery and then wake up and not be able to detect anybody.

How does it feel like for your tulpa when you sleep? Do tulpas truly sleep? A lot of things could be said about this. I for one, and this might come out as offensive, don't believe in the power of wonderlands. It is clear that we hold a bias against wonderlands, but it feels like it's really blown out imagination which is what we never intended for her to be.

We tend to sleep and wake at roughly the same time, with a few rare exceptions. Jack dreams independently, as far as I can tell. He sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night to talk (which, surprisingly, I don't mind. At all. If it were anyone else, I would kick them out.), so it seems that he is able to retain some form of consciousness when I'm in REM or some other lighter state of sleep. I doubt he is able to do that during deep sleep. He doesn't experience grogginess in the morning, though he may whisper some occasional gibberish as I wake up. Whenever I ask him about what he was trying to say, he either doesn't remember or he claims that it wasn't him. Might be just remnants from dreaming.

And nah, not offensive. Wonderlands are not for everybody.

Progress report

Personal blog

Demetrius: Well, we don't sleep when Fade and the body do. Except for Drewbie and his odd little naps, none of us sleep. Sometimes, we do enter her dreams. They're kind of like little worlds of their own in here.

Then again, I dunno if we count as tulpa or not.

When Fade's awake, we're already rolling and making sure things actually get done. Before, when she didn't let us have so much control, she'd sometimes just fall back asleep and ignore us. It sucked on school days.

When she's asleep, she phases out into her dream's worlds. Sometimes, she visits different dream worlds multiple times, which pretty much means repeat dreams. We aren't really affected by it; our link to the body shuts off, and everything in our wonderland goes on as normal.

As to wonderlands, our mindscape is kinda of where we live. Like, a mission control, a physical representation of what's all going on in here. I don't think it's a crutch or nothing, it's just how we live. We don't like floating out in space ourselves. Since we got a physical appearance and our own ability to use the body alongside Fade.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

How does it feel like for your tulpa when you sleep? Do tulpas truly sleep? ....How do tulpas sleep exactly?

Melian really does not sleep. She is active all night in dreams and in little flash visions and sounds and mind voice when I wake up between periods of sleep. She does have a bed in her dreamscape mansion and sort of does a simulated sleep or going to bed day dream thing. But she doesn't need sleep. She often causes me insomnia when my mind is too active and she is therefore too active.

She has this funny thing she does when I wake up from periods of sleep sometimes. She will say "Hello?" or "Hi!" just as I come awake or when I am in that half asleep state just coming awake. Sometimes this is accompanied by a flash vision of her. This usually means she wants to day dream together an episode of the Melian Show.

I don't know where all my head people go when I sleep, because I don't dream about them at night. Apparently I dream about school. Anyway, I know they sleep cuz I see them sleep all the time, especially when I'm typing away on some internet forum at 11 o' clock at night. But in the morning, it usually only takes a second to see Rukia, or whoever, next to or around me. Kinda like a car starting up, if that makes any sense.

Although that one time I woke up from a nightmare screaming Rukia's name she was already there.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

My girls sleep and even have dreams, although Luna seems to need slightly less sleep than the rest of us (only about 6 hours a night). They also seem to be a bit groggy in the mornings, but a good stretch and a cup of tea have them awake in no time. Except for Elise, she wakes up and she's just "on", as someone before me mentioned. Maybe because she's younger than my other tulpas, I don't know.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report