Progress Reports Rule Changes

Kiahdaj

I don't think the "no badging" rule was there the last time I read the "forum rules" post, but I couldn't find a changelog saying when that rule was added. I've used badging in my progress report to distinguish my tulpas' text from my own (like putting my Rainbow Dash tulpa's text in square brackets). I assumed it was okay, because I hadn't ever gotten a warning to not do it. Should I go through my PR and change all the badging to "name: text"?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember when exactly that rule was added, though I know it has been there for quite some time. It's possible that whoever added it forgot to edit the changelog, or it may predate the log.

At any rate, considering the length of your PR, I wouldn't demand that of you; we should have brought it up a while ago, but the Progress Reports section has gone largely unmoderated for some time. I would ask that you use the "name: text" format in the future, however.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for moving my PR to Melian's Musings. I will go through and edit/remove the "progress report" subtitles on individual posts so it is clear it isn't a PR in the lounge. Melian's Musings is technically subject to the double posting rule I believe in the lounge? I think I have broken this rule with Melian's Musings a few times. But I originally created the thread because I love to write and some were complaining that I was flooding the lounge with my posts. So I created Melian's Musings out of courtesy for those who don't like to see constant Mistgod-Melian ramblings everywhere. In other words, the posts are more contained into a single "blog like" thread.

EDIT: In fact, this may be the closure of Melian's Musings Thread, or at least it's suspension of further growth, if the double posting rule is enforced with me regarding this thread. I do understand the double posting rule is to discourage blogging so...

I think we got most of our bigger ramblings out of our system anyway.

EDIT: I added the following at the top of Melian's Musting's in the OP post:

NOTE: This thread is an consolidation of a lot of Mistgod-Melian stuff, that is why you see some old PR reports mixed in and some double posting. Our PR was moved because it really wasn't much of a PR, but more of a rambling mass of musings, like the rest of our writing. This thread is more or less closed at this point, as there is in fact a rule against blogging. It will hang around for reference, but fade into the dusty archival history of Mistgod-Melian and Tulpa Info.

EDIT: In light of Kiahdaj's response below, ignore most of my last two edits. I do plan to limit the outrage of my bloggy postiness to a reasonable level or slower pace.

We actually don't really have an explicit double posting rule, though under normal circumstances, users are highly encouraged to edit their previous posts, rather than making another. Progress Reports and such threads (like Tulpa Art-type threads) can certainly be an exception. There is no problem with you "double posting" in your Lounge musings thread, especially if the alternative is creating a new thread.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

Hah hah! Victory is mine (well, and technically Melian's as well). Hmmm. I think this calls for a new Melian's Musing's thread of madness, a fresh start and all that. I thank you Kiahdaj, my admin overlord friend.

Guest Anonymous

Should change the forum's description which is as of now 'Your own personal blogspace.'.

Guest Anonymous

All of our posts, or the vast majority of them, have something to do with tulpamancy or Melian and her personality. Just for clarity sake. I just like to write about her a lot and she, of course, likes to write about herself.

For clarity's sake, does "posting about your day with snippets of your tulpa thrown in" mean "I did a thing that doesn't involve tulpas, but here's a bit of tulpa-related stuff", or "my tulpa and I did a thing together"?

It mostly means the former, but an an in-depth description of something irrelevant you and your tulpa did together (for example, a particular wonderland adventure) might be frowned upon.

The two bullets after the one you quoted should help to further explain what we mean.

Should change the forum's description which is as of now 'Your own personal blogspace.'.

Yes, we are definitely going to do this. Slipped my mind, at the moment.