Progress Reports Rule Changes

Kiahdaj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be frank, I wanna read about other people who have their well fleshed-out wonderlands in some sort of novel form. *squints at Glitchthe3rd*

A zillion times this. I'm not 100% happy with the wording of the new rules came out, but I'm not sure how to codify it more clearly. We want to encourage posting about significant progress, as well as interesting wonderland adventures. Both of those are things people enjoy reading about. What we're trying to discourage is more like a blow-by-blow account of the inane argument you had with your tulpa over who the best character is on some show, or PRs that consist almost entirely of a few forum buddies making and chuckling at in-jokes, reaction images, etc.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

That seems like it would violate the "no blogging" rule. Reasoning behind this could be something along the lines of, "just because you're a tulpa doesn't mean your blog is any less of a blog". I mean, if you could imagine a regular human being maintaining a blog saying those kind of things, I'd imagine that'd be against the rule. It looks like the Progress Report section should more have actual progress on how a tulpa is developing such that when the tulpa is "done", the progress report can be stopped.

Sorry for all the weasel words, but I'm not a mod and this is just my two cents.

Yes, it's bad PR etiquette, specifically PR. Those are for progress, things you've learned, or somewhat interesting occurrences/developments. Tulpa or not, anything off topic should go in Lounge. Remember, you can have a PR-esque thread in Lounge too, that is less strict and more for idle discussion. I know people think Mistgod is blogging/spamming in his thread(s) there, but that really is what you're supposed to do. Better there than in a Progress Report. (Although, a lot of Mistgod's off-topic discussion is relatively on-topic, people just aren't as enamored with his ideas as he is)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I don't understand why we are still having this debate about the PRs. If you just read the rules about the Lounge, you will find you can post just about anything you want there as long as it isn't too sexy, spam or rude drama or harassment. People can post their wonderland adventure threads there just fine. I would love to read them. :-)

There is no explicit "no blogging rule" (in the Lounge).

What is not allowed:

• Blogging. Blogging is considered recording unrelated details of your day and life. A little off-topic is okay if it ties in, but please try to keep it relevant.

But the context of this discussion taking place in this thread would imply that RD was talking about blogging in KM&RD's progress report.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, but my point is the blogging can be taken to the Lounge and therefore doesn't have to be a problem for the PRs. Why are we still arguing about blogging and PRs? It is pointless. There is a place to blog about wonderland adventures. That is the Lounge. PRs are for scientific step by step progress reports. I don't think it is that difficult really.

RD said "bad PR etiquette", so she was asking specifically about PRs. The Lounge didn't have a part in the discussion, but saying "do it in the Lounge" would have been an appropriate response in place of mumbling about the rules like I did.