Progress Reports Rule Changes

Kiahdaj

Guest Anonymous

Lacquer, you are right, I thank you. LOL I think I am out of this discussion for good. I think we are in agreement, but arguing about how we are in agreement. :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Progress Report section should more have actual progress on how a tulpa is developing such that when the tulpa is "done", the progress report can be stopped.

RD: How is that determined? Is there a definitive thing, or is it subjective?

KM: I'm not sure how accurate this is, but my recent theory is that I haven't made a lot of progress because part of me sees it as "your tulpa's fully developed, you have nothing more to log, time for tearful goodbyes", in a sense. I know that's irrational.

It's definitely subjective, but even then, there's almost always something new you can report progress on. You could be trying imposition or different types of possession for example. Hell, you could even think of something else to try and report on that nobody has thought of before, all while advancing the tulpa phenomenon as a whole. Beyond that, in the same vein that you should assume your tulpa is sapient from the start, you should also never consider your tulpa "done" just like a normal human being is never "done" even up to the point of their death.

Basically, ask yourself if the post you're thinking of making in your PR will be a useful log, or just blogging like anyone would do.

• 1 month later...

I would say to the moderators that you should avoid pigeon holing content into specific forums on a small community. Strict rule enforcement and organization of information is only needed on forums with a high amount of activity where that signal to noise ratio gets low. That kind of moderation style on a small forum is a good way to stifle the small community here that isn't experiencing growth.

Currently working on a tulpa called Kusanagi.

Guest Anonymous

Luckily, I don't think the progress report rule is being heavily enforced, as far as I know. I think it was a bad rule to begin with. I have always said that I think, because tulpas are people, we should be able to talk about their relationships and emotions. Tulpas should be able to "blog" and talk about themselves. We are investigating tulpas! Tulpas are people not lab experiments and objects. Let us share them, let them share and talk about how they see the world and their interactions with their hosts and others. Let a little bit of fun and socializing happen on this forum and maybe it won't struggle so much. Meanie, heavy rules and the ardent expectation that this will be a strict, serious minded science laboratory at all times and everywhere is hurtful to the growth of the forum.

I don't understand why we are still having this debate about the PRs. If you just read the rules about the Lounge, you will find you can post just about anything you want there as long as it isn't too sexy, spam or rude drama or harassment. People can post their wonderland adventure threads there just fine. I would love to read them. :-)

Let's not forget we still have a Lounge though. I say use it!