POLL: Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?

glitchthe3rd

Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Is using a tulpa on an exam considered cheating?

• Yes, stop cheating you criminal scum
    • No, it's not cheating

Even if it is, you can't really be caught. It's up to your own views as a person whether or not you want to use your tulpa (they have to agree to it as well though)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheating? No, it's still just you.

Fair? Hell no.

But then again who said life was fair?

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

So?

Most of stuff you learn you are not going to need in life anyway and if you happen to need that particular knowledge you can always ask your tupla.

If, however, you take a final later, and it's based on what you learned from earlier units/classes, you're totally screwed if for some reason the tulpa is unable/unwilling to help you.

Having a tulpa help you with a few questions you're stumped on, or having it help you study would be fine, I'm sure. Relying ENTIRELY on your tulpa to get you through classes so you don't have to study or work, not a good idea.

This has me wondering now; what if your tulpa wanted to learn something in a complicated field of study, and you just aimlessly read the book not having any clue what it means, while the tulpa actually comprehends the subjects?

Would the tulpa technically be smarter than you?

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

@pleeb: At a biological level, it makes no difference. It's part of your brain, so you would gain from it.

But this reminds me of something I remember reading in a book. A doctor has recently discovered that a child can remember anything read to it in it's sleep. Sensing a breakthrough that could lead to fame and fortune, he reads a chapter on the Nile River while the child is asleep over and over.

The next morning, the child wakes up. In a state of udder glee, the doctor asks the child what he remembers. The child repeats "The Nile River is the longest river in the world (It's probably not, just reciting what I remember)".

The doctor rushes out of the room to tell his colleagues of his success. When he tells them about what he read, another doctor enters the room and asks the child: "What is the longest river in the world"? The child thinks about this for a moment, and says he doesn't know. The doctor who conducted the experiment tries desperately to ask questions relating to what he read the night before, only to be met with similar answers until the child breaks down crying.

My point being? You can read all you want, but that doesn't mean the tulpa will learn anything it can apply in a situation.

Of course it doesn't, but consider this.

What if you're reading a book on physics; you personally have no interest in it, you're just reading it to your tulpa. Meanwhile, the tulpa is taking in what you're reading with interest, learning and understanding the concepts you personally aren't putting any effort into actually learning.

In the end, could the Tulpa actually be good at physics while you still uselessly suck at it?

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Yes cheating because you're getting easy information access.

I want to make a tulpa. That's why I'm here.

Tulpa Name: Shai, ✓Personality, ✓Visualization, ✓Touch, ✓Smell, Body Language and Sentience ❑

Of course it doesn't, but consider this.

What if you're reading a book on physics; you personally have no interest in it, you're just reading it to your tulpa. Meanwhile, the tulpa is taking in what you're reading with interest, learning and understanding the concepts you personally aren't putting any effort into actually learning.

In the end, could the Tulpa actually be good at physics while you still uselessly suck at it?

Based on what I know about tulpa from the guides, yes. The tulpa can feign a higher intelligence than the creator, and can know things that the creator does not consciously know. My tulpa will hopefully have an amazing eye for detail. A regular Sherlock Holmes, if you will.

Anyway, it's like asking if your tulpa has more memories than you since it has access to all your forgotten memories. The answer is yes, but you must have the potential to be good at physics. For example, if your brain literally CAN NOT process numbers then your tulpa can't do math (at least not by using numbers).

Potential+Tulpa=Talent/Knowledge

It´s not cheating because it was YOU who made a tulpa through YOUR own effort, it is only fair that that effort can be used to help you out. Its not like you spent a bundle of money to get a tulpa. I think the effort spent on a tulpa justifies its collaboration or help in exams.

Its not puppeting, its blood-bending