Tulpa narration directing?

Okay so I thought I had this down but I'm questioning myself about this and so I will ask you.

How do i direct what I'm saying/thinking to my tulpa? Like how is it supposed to feel? Am I supposed to focus on a part in my head or what? Please give me as much detail as possible. I feel like I may have just been rambling off thoughts this entire time without directing them to my tupper.

You'd do it in the same way that you'd read a book to someone, keeping them in mind and knowing that you're saying those things for them. No, you're not supposed to focus on a part of your head, but the 'essence' of the tulpa. Try to address your tulpa by saying their name if you're having focus issues.

I've actually had some difficulty with this as well, so thanks for asking it, Shadow Knight.

@Vosaiu

I understand what your saying, and thanks for your answer. Though, I don't feel reading a book to someone is a great analogy, or maybe I just do it differently. When I read a book aloud, I don't direct it. I simply read and expect the target to be listening. :P

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

I understand what your saying, and thanks for your answer. Though, I don't feel reading a book to someone is a great analogy, or maybe I just do it differently. When I read a book aloud, I don't direct it. I simply read and expect the target to be listening. :P

Maybe something that's a bit more involved like reading a bedtime story to children or a scary story to friends would work better, then. You'd be paying more attention to the person you're reading these things to for reactions and all that.

What's the essence of a tulpa supposed to feel like? I have no clue what to focus on.

Ayre's post here explains it in the same way that I would, with the essence essentially being what you think of the person and everything that comes to mind. You focus on your tulpa, the idea of them, and say things to that; if you feel like a visual representation would help, visualizing the form tends to keep people on track.

If you try visualize it? Like you visualize you sitting on a coach with your tulpa, or laying on a grassland in your wonderland together, and then you talk to him/her. This may work if you are good in visualization.

Imagine you are staring into the tulpa's eyes while you talk, I am sure your thoughts will be directed to him/her. About how is narration supposed to feel, I think you will feel like you are reading a book like how Vosaiu mentioned.

If the "reading a book" analogy isn't clicking, how about this:

Imagine you're on a phone call with someone, and want to describe something that's happening to them. Like maybe a bear in a tutu just crossed your path or something, and you want to tell the person on the phone about it. When you do this, you consider who they are and what they're able to experience through the phone, and fill in the rest of the details yourself. You leave it open for them to respond, but they don't have to; but even if they just listen, they're still a participant in the conversation because you are talking specifically to them.

That "directing the conversation at them even though they're not in front of you" feeling you get when talking on the phone is pretty similar to what it feels like to direct your thoughts at a tulpa.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Visualization isn't required for narration, but it can definitely help if you need a representation of your tulpa as a crutch or something. It's fine if you get distracted - just pull yourself back together once you remember what you were doing and keep at it.