I think my tulpa left me

Anyone seen the season finale of the Syfy show "Happy!" where Happy is forced to leave Haley in order for her to mature emotionally, fades away and becomes Nick's imaginary friend? Well last night my tulpa wife, Polly, said to me and I quote "It's time for me to go". Can this sort of thing happen to tulpas?

Tulpas can dissipate by being pushed out or forgotten, but you can bring them back by remembering them and forcing them again. Reasonably, it will bring emotional challenges that you will have to work out, if you don't have to do it I don't recommend it.

I had the same fear that I was making Cat's life harder, so I tried to hide from her so she would forget about me and focus on other things.

She didn't stop thinking about me. She was torn. She knew I wanted distance but she missed me.

I couldn't take it anymore. After declaring my departure that Sunday evening, I reunited with her the next day. I realized that being separated seems to make things harder, not easier. Sure I have my problems and looking in from the outside our relationship could be criticized as "immature", "childish", or just a "distraction", but when two parts of someone are ripped apart, the reason they were together initially was forgotten and is (hopefully) remembered.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Tulpas can dissipate by being pushed out or forgotten, but you can bring them back by remembering them and forcing them again. Reasonably, it will bring emotional challenges that you will have to work out, if you don't have to do it I don't recommend it.

I had the same fear that I was making Cat's life harder, so I tried to hide from her so she would forget about me and focus on other things.

She didn't stop thinking about me. She was torn. She knew I wanted distance but she missed me.

I couldn't take it anymore. After declaring my departure that Sunday evening, I reunited with her the next day. I realized that being separated seems to make things harder, not easier. Sure I have my problems and looking in from the outside our relationship could be criticized as "immature", "childish", or just a "distraction", but when two parts of someone are ripped apart, the reason they were together initially was forgotten and is (hopefully) remembered.

So what do you think she meant when she said it was time for her to go?

So what do you think she meant when she said it was time for her to go?

There's not enough information for me to know for sure. It could be that the show's message contributed to the decision, although there could be something going on in the background that had a larger role in the decision. Perhaps it could be something about your relationship with Polly or some other influence from your family, friends, social media, or a combination of those. I don't know if you can talk to her or not, either way I recommend trying to communicate.

I am assuming the decision was a sudden change without any prior communication. If she's reachable, go ahead and ask her why she made that decision, if not, just think about her and see if she responds.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Me and Erika left a rather sadistic relationship, but she was an embodiment of the guilt from my inner demons I had a hard time to control. Once I learned that and sat down to discuss things with her, she said our farewells and she walked out the door, doing a little phone gesture with her hands implying she will be back.

Shade did a similar thing to me when I was at an all time low in my life while I was *extremely* under the influence and regretting a lot of life decisions. It was kinda impromptu and she said she'd be back once things upstairs settled down a bit, I needed isolation and as little distractions as possible (according to her) so she just said good bye and walked out just like that. She came back a few months later once I got myself back into relative stability, and things continued on as normal. If you have faith that they'll come back and you know they're still up there somewhere, they'll return.

Host to a sole Parasite, Shade. Research is in progress, will update when something worth showing has been written.

Anyone seen the season finale of the Syfy show "Happy!" where Happy is forced to leave Haley in order for her to mature emotionally, fades away and becomes Nick's imaginary friend? Well last night my tulpa wife, Polly, said to me and I quote "It's time for me to go". Can this sort of thing happen to tulpas?

'this sort of thing...' tulpa wife say 'it's time to go?" Happy leaving Haley to be Nick's imaginary friend? Yeah. Any thing can happen.  I mean, one can have a tulpa, get married... couldn't one be disgruntled, get mad and leave? Can one divorce a tulpa wife and still live in the same house? Awkward, but yeah... I am aiming for being outrageous on the side of humor, not intending to rub salt in a wound, but to suggest that you engaged in an activity (tulpamancy) and gave free will to an individual personality set, but then contextually bounded individual with a title that has built in social, cultural, and personal expectations, well can anything happen?! It would be really difficult to sort through this thread alone, and all the permutations that are factoring in this, to arrive at a nice neat answer. Is Polly messing with you by giving you a response that you didn't expect? (Is Polly Parroting something from the subconscious? (Had to work in polly parrot. My son is a big peppa pig fan.) The timing is suspicious. It coincides with the above episode. Did you hear tulpa, or did you hear unconscious fear of being abandon by something that 'can't' abandon you, that's also tethered by the weight of a fairly significant title? Is the title even necessary? DOes that mean there are trust issues? We live in a strange universe where almost anything can happen. I am almost willing to say 'anything' can happen especially after hearing on 'spacetime' that if you wait long enough entropy could actually re-arrange molecules back into a preordered state...

I suspect, too many people engage in tulpamancy thinking that it improves life. It is certainly an enhancement, a game changer. It make's life different, not better. The thing that separates tulpamancy from mere fiction and fantasy is that the other agents, the tulpas, are real people! They're autonomous and they are not always going to respond in a pleasant way. Responding in an unpleasant way does not equal malice. It just means you are dealing with a person who is wanting something different at the moment than the standard scripts allow... I am using script in a very precise way... All of us, even full time bio people fall into the routine of scripts for interaction. The reason some families blow up is because someone has refused to participate in their assigned script...

Now, can your tulpa take off not to be seen again? I don't know yet. I don't really want to know. I suspect once in the brain, no one can go away permanently. If you can access the memory, you can access the personality? Indirectly? I suppose if a tulpa can become an independent agent separate from your will, it can go somewhere you can't readily access... and here's the thing I don't know... and there's lots I don't know. We share brain/body with a tulpa... Do we actually share a subconscious? Subconscious is huge! It affects us more than our subconscious. If we share a subconscious, and tulpa takes off not to be seen, does that mean their are subconscious blocks to interaction? Is there a combination of conscious/subconscious motivators? If you share a subconscious, then you will always have access to each other. Technically, that also seems true if you simply share a brain. The question then becomes is this separation necessary for personal growth, which reflects the episode you reference as if it were a trigger that resulted in the synchronicity of outcomes, or something more intricately complex in play. The fact that you experienced the thing takes it out of the realm of 'can this happen' and puts it back into, what is your response? Responses can be very complex. There is no right or wrong response, unless, and this would suck, this is a test just to determine a measure of something specific.