Online survey for tulpa-owners

hypnagogic

Why are there almost no girls here? Just curious.

There's actually quite afew girls creating tulpae (not compared to the males, ofc, but still). The majority of them are on twitter (no joke!) rather than here, though.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually quite afew girls creating tulpae (not compared to the males, ofc, but still). The majority of them are on twitter (no joke!) rather than here, though.

Twitter.... Oh jeez.

As cool as this tulpa phenomena is, I honestly hope it doesn't become huge.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

As cool as this tulpa phenomena is, I honestly hope it doesn't become huge.

I doubt it will anyway. The majority of the population doesn't have the patience for commercials on TV, let alone hours upon hours of meditation and focus.

The majority of the population doesn't have the patience for commercials on TV, let alone hours upon hours of meditation and focus.
Let alone the absurd amounts of awkwardness, public and/or private embarrassment, spaghetti dropping, and heart melting from spectating pony hallucinations.

Let alone the absurd amounts of awkwardness, public and/or private embarrassment and spaghetti dropping, and heart melting from spectating pony hallucinations.

this.

1st update. 09-21-2012

2nd update.

Finally, everyone has been transformed to faceless, stylish rows of numbers.

2, 17, 3, 0, 1, 1, 3, 0, 4, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 0 - hey, that's me!

Let's do science.

94 responses received, of which 91 are unique. 2 more responses received while I was writing this post. Sorry.

We calculate "Achievement scores" and "Influence scores" as follows:

Achievement score in a field (visual, auditory, imaginary, hallucinatory) is an (arithmetic, arithmetic, harmonic, harmonic) mean of achievements.

So if you're great in imaginary visualization, but fail hard in hallucinatory visualization - no big deal. But if you're great in seeing tulpa, but fail in hearing tulpa - score will be quite low.

1st overall score is an arithmetic mean of achievements in every field, 2nd overall score is a harmonic mean of achievement scores in all fields.

Scores are on 1-5 scale.

That's the way I've found to calculate "progress". If you know better ways - please, tell me.

visual auditory imaginary hallucinatory overall_1 overall_2 (this is a standard order)

2.8626 2.4505 3.3672 1.6305 2.6566 2.2870 -------- mean

2.5000 2.5000 3.7500 1.0000 2.5000 1.9753 -------- median

0.89773 1.11817 1.23003 1.01600 0.92395 0.98115 ---- standard deviation

Our "median guy" is not so bad in imagining and seeing things, but fails hard in imposition and overall harmonic development. For now.

"Influence score" is a measure of how good tulpa is at making its host better. Everyone starts with 0 points. If tulpa made host better in terms of intelligence, sociality, happiness and self-control - we add 1 point for each improvement. If something of said things decreased - we take 1 point away. If host can't tell or reports of things remaining the same - we change nothing.

Scale is from -4 (tulpa-melted-my-brain) to 4 (I'm an uberman).

Mean influence score is 1.34 with median 1. What a shame. At least tulpae make hosts happier.

Interestings:

Nootropics users show lower achievement scores than others. Weak sedatives users show higher achievement scores than others. Extremely not enough data, though

10 hosts fell in love with their tulpae but got no response. 9 tulpae fell in love with their hosts but got no response. Quite tragic it is to be in unrequited love with a part of your brain.

Only 11 hosts made tulpae of their own gender.

Only 4 hosts hugged their ponies non-non-sexually, not counting pony shapeshifters.

3 of them are Russians. trollface.jpg

3 dudes went intimate with their tulpae, though their tulpae weren't in love with them. WTH guys, I hope you've filled the form incorrectly.

It seems that length of tulping has direct effect on achievement scores (who could've thought)

Those who went intimate with their tulpae, show significantly higher achievement scores than those who didn't.

had intimacy:

3.4500 3.0750 4.0078 2.2028 3.2625 2.9006 - mean

3.0000 3.0000 4.4444 2.0000 3.1250 2.7356 - median

others:

2.6972 2.2746 3.1868 1.4693 2.4859 2.1141 - mean

2.5000 2.5000 3.4286 1.0000 2.5000 1.9512 - median

Though it seems that only 5 of those who had hawt mindsex were tulping for less than 3 months, so don't rush things in anticipation.

Just being in love with your tulpa seems to have no effect on achievement scores.

Those who don't use wonderland or stopped using it seem to be slightly more successful. But our standard deviation makes these differences nonexistent.

WIP: "They told me I could do anything, so I've started fitting gaussians to data", "Oh god, I know what linear regression is, where else can I use it"

Please, suggest more interestings to look for, we're not good with coming up with them. And don't forget that we don't have enough data and standard deviation is quite high.

If anyone is good with statistics etc - I can give you machine-readable data with instructions to play with.

Guess I must be the one ponyfucker that isn't Russian. I bring great shame (or fame) to tulpa.info.

*poon.jpg*

But yeah, like I always said, intimacy is only a good thing.

The questions always seem to have an option for those who are not very far in.

I took the survey, because I usually find surveys to be quite entertaining. The fetish question caused me to look up the exact symptoms of some of the options, and I discovered that I have a mild case of Sadistic Personality Disorder. Fun.

Makes life much more fun when you can even laugh at some bitch having a seizure.

My opinions are all subject to change.