Stream Activity Issues

Ranger

Question

I like LOTPW, but its posts are flooding the stream. My main concern is it will be harder to find serious discussion.

Is it possible for the activity stream to only post the newest post of a thread?

Edit: I also discovered there is no difference between condensed and expanded for the activity stream.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 answers to this question

Change "Show me" to "Items only" to see threads with new activity instead of all new posts. You'll probably want to make your own curated new posts search. You can do that at Activity>My Activity Streams>Create New Stream. Once you have it set up and saved, you can set it as default by clicking the third little image after the title of the search, which is a check mark. Then a link for it will appear near the top right of every page.

-Ember

Edited by Ember.Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

You can create a custom stream and exclude forum games from the stream as to see all the serious stuff, I have a new "serious stream" that shows all unread posts in a handful of the forum's more on topic threads now, and that seems to be working well.

1) Activity -> my activity streams -> create new stream

image.png.5f16c8e9d4e08a62b491e84ce093970a.png

2) under content types, check "Topics" then select the gear next to the icon

image.png.72325593b49aee187b0b71a27736975d.png

3) pick the forums you want to see from the box that pops up, and set up all the other settings (should be pretty self explanatory, just set them as you'd prefer)

4) once you create the stream it should show up under activity -> my activity streams -> custom streams

5) With a custom stream created, you can add it to your home screen with the following button (appears once you open your stream)

image.png.2d4bb5bb1d915174b7cc57a4b9a36c1b.png

Once that's checked it'll appear up in the top right of your forum and is easily accessed for daily post checking. 

I believe you can only check this for one stream, but I'm not sure about that.

(edited)

Thank you Reguile and Ember, it's working for me and I already like it.

I noticed a weird issue with the expanded and condensed versions. If you don't pre-set the stream to condensed, you can't use the expanded version and vise versa. The button I circled in red is the only option to change the layout after I create the stream, and clicking it does nothing other than redraw the screen to the default setting.

anqUcLX.png

Edit: Also, is it possible to have the custom streams pop up on top of the default streams?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Oh what the heck, I want that Condensed option. For me, clicking it does nothing at all, and it resets back to Expanded.

I don't actually know what you're seeing with the stream being flooded with LOTPW posts though. Unless I immediately changed some option, Okay, I did lol. The activity stream is a little too much, but I used a modified "Unread Content" set to show Read Status: Everything instead of Unread and it only shows the most recent post per thread, as intended. Honestly if Condensed mode would just work then it'd literally be View Today's Posts, but going past 24 hours, which is fine with me.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

I customized my View Today's Posts stream to give me the last 3 days.

96jRBsB.png

Edited by Ranger