Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

Status updates and events

Question

Do we really need these features?

Status updates can be turned on by going to edit profile and flipping a switch. Once enabled, you can write new posts directly to your feed and so can other people. I also saw another user slip PR content into their status feed, and I can see this as a get around for having 1 PR thread.

As for events, any user can create them. Again, I'm not really sure what the point of these are since users can just create new threads and announcements already have their own thread.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay!

4 answers to this question

Yeah if people put anything in their "status" no one is ever going to see it, so it might be sort of misleading for new members... might be best to disable that entirely. Events thing is pure fluff, short of my "Tulpa Week" I can't think of any relevant events someone could make. Birthdays, maybe? Ehh... I'd get rid of that too just to decrease the intimidating wall of features new members see.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Status updates are disabled by default, or at least I thought they were. I don't see anyone particularly interested in using them but we may be able to get more out of the social media aspect Sunday. I can see about maybe getting them out of everyone's views, as I said they're basically disabled for everyone unless you opt in.

The calendar may be empty right now but I actually hope we can start getting something out of it soon, as one of the next phases, once the forum software is buffered out, it's the start having more community events and such.

I will have to look into the details of the events, as I think the only reason anyone can create them is perhaps a permissions thing? I will need to take a closer look, but I am hoping to get more utilization out of the calendar.

They're disabled by default yeah, but with Ranger telling me someone has used them for PR-type stuff, I meant disabling outright to not mislead people into thinking it's actually a visible feature anyone will see

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

I can see about completely disabling status updates then.

Apparently I can make them more viable, but it would be on the main page (see below)

image.png.22e6a12283e12baffb24c66b9762d0e5.png

EDIT: So we can completely disable status updates, which I can do.