Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I am new to all this tulpa stuff. I haven’t created a tulpa yet, but i am in the process of making one. This thread covers questions not about the tulpas creation, but primarily the tulpa functionality’s. My first question for this thread is: Can tulpas communicate or interact with each other? Can they pick fights, talk to each other ect.?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new to all this tulpa stuff. I haven’t created a tulpa yet, but i am in the process of making one. This thread covers questions not about the tulpas creation, but primarily the tulpa functionality’s. My first question for this thread is: Can tulpas communicate or interact with each other? Can they pick fights, talk to each other ect.?

If a host has more than one tulpa or if they're communicating with each other online through the use of "proxying" (relaying what the tulpa says through writing or speech), possession, or switching, then yes. They're essentially the same as any other person so they can have the same kind of interactions that you do - you'll find that in-head arguments are a regularity for some groups.

Oh yeah, we definitely talk to each other a lot, more often than we talk to the host. When fronting, of course. Tulpas can't actually do anything if they're not being paid attention to or fronting, same goes for talking to each other. There's no real difference between host and tulpa other than origin, so the tulpas can of course talk to each other.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I made my own little group of characters, based on Majora's mask, my favorite game. There's me, which i nicknamed myself MajoraCreeps,

Majora The Dead will be my first tulpa i plan to make, she looks almost like me, aside from the voice reverb, black eyes on the majora's mask shirt, and the face resembling that of rebornica's (Dapper Deoxys) FNAF ghost children. (White iris, black ring around it, skeleton teeth on lips, no teeth inside mouth)

I still have made Majora Link, A Majora's Mask styled toon link. probably on the discord server i will soon join I will post a picture of the two. (By the way, Majora Link does look really difficult, but whenever i draw him, he seems perfectly easy for remembering the patterns.

That aside, back to the question. Is it possible to make more than one? :huh:

Of course it is possible, we have four currently active. 

However, one should use much caution, and be conservative with the amount of tulpas they have. Generally any number above a handful is too much to manage, and ends up being that the tulpas are neglected and/or have slow development. They get less time to live and grow. I'd say a good maximum is three, but the number varies from person to person. We're never going above four, that would undoubtedly cause neglect and stress, and less time for everyone.

I think it's best to make one and focus on them, and then after they are fully developed (maybe after a year or so) then one can consider making another, but they must have good reason and must know the consequences of doing so.

I've been writing an essay on why tulpa systems should be smaller, and drafted up a list of questions to consider before making a new tulpa

[hidden]

[align=justify]Do you have time? 

If you struggle making time for the tulpa(s) you already have, you probably shouldn’t make another.

Do you have a good reason?

If the reason is along the lines of “just cause” or “I want my tulpa to have someone to play with in the wonderland,” then you probably shouldn’t. 

Will they benefit your mental health and the rest of the system?

Why do you think they’d benefit you in a way that the other tulpas can’t? Will the benefits really outweigh the consequence of the rest of your tulpas getting less time and attention as a result?

Does everyone in your system agree this is a good idea?

You shouldn’t make such a big decision without them all agreeing on it.

How long have you thought about this?

If the answer is for only a day or two, or “I’ve always wanted another tulpa,” then you should give it more thought. This is a big decision and you must fully consider all possible repercussions.

Do you really need one?

You most likely don’t. Your and your other tulpas can take care of any potential issues you are trying to solve. Time and effort fixes a lot of things, and you probably don’t need to make another tulpa to do so. Nobody really needs another tulpa.

Will you be able to handle this many?

You might overestimate your ability to do so. 

Will they all be able to live fulfilling lives?

Will there be time enough for them all to control the body and pursue their hobbies/passions, make friends and experience the real world?

Will there be any neglect?

Will any of your systemmates end up getting pushed to the sidelines because there’s not enough time for them, and you can’t divide your attention up well enough? Remember the more attention you give to some, the less attention you give to others.

Are you predicting what will happen based on what’s realistic, or based on wishful thinking?

We often let our own hopes get in the way of seeing what’s actually likely to happen.

How developed are all of your other tulpas?

If they’re not well-developed personally or struggle with skill-based development (vocality and such) then you shouldn’t be making another one.

What are your goals?

Either tulpa-related goals or just goals related to life in general. Will a new tulpa distract you from these?

Are you doing this just for the thrill of making a new tulpa?

I get it, it’s exciting to make a new tulpa: learning about them, watching them grow, etc. But that’s not reason enough to add someone new to your life and as a result allowing your current tulpa(s) to have less attention/time.

[/hidden][/align]

Sorry I needed to preach. I really do think that systems shouldn't get out of hand with the number of tulpas they have, and shouldn't grow if they're not ready and/or won't be able to let everyone live a high quality of life. Focus on one tulpa for now - that's the best option.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

It's possible to create multiple tulpas but considering your age, I think the more important question is whether or not you're ready for this kind of thing and the lifelong commitment that comes with it. Many of the younger folk in this community jump into this without giving it a second thought, only to quit after a few weeks because it either isn't as exciting as they thought it would be or they're upset that signs of progress aren't dancing in front of their face. If you think that you're emotionally mature enough to do this, go for it, but I would recommend doing some more research at the very least so that you're more familiar with the concept. And so that you're not asking questions that are included in the FAQ and many of the general guides.

What would happen if I've been working on a tulpa for about 2 weeks, but stop for a week or two? Would that completely destroy my tulpa? I don't want to dissipate her, I just need some time to reflect on whether or not I want to continue with tulpamancy.

Your tulpa won't be "destroyed" just because you decided to take a short break. Plenty of people take time off from this to focus on important real-world things and are still able to pick things back up after weeks, months and sometimes even years, so you have little to worry about. Even then, I'd recommend narrating here and there while you're deliberating since it'd be beneficial for both of you (the tulpa getting the attention and host having an audience as they mull things over in their mind).

Active forcing is putting yourself into a trance-like state and focusing on your tulpa for a rather long period of time. Passive forcing is acknowledging your tulpa in some way such as light conversation or just watching TV together.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic