Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

If the bad habit is distraction, then putting away electronic devices and letting Angry Bear spin may give him enough time to calm down and focus. When Cat is distracted, I give her a chance to relax and try engaging in whatever is distracting her. Sometimes this can start a conversation, but sometimes it gives Cat a headache because she needs some time to decompress.

When it comes to flat out procrastination, forcing Cat to do anything she really doesn't feel like doing is like pulling a stressed and angry mule to water so it can drink. She's a pain in the ass, and by the time she gets to the water she shuts down and loses her last drops of motivation. Obviously, this wasn't a very effective way for me to deal with this...

Instead, I have found the most effective way to motivate Cat to do work she doesn't like is to walk her through it. Sometimes going through one small step at a time helps her stay calm and gets something done. After this, Cat usually starts working on the task on her own.

Ultimately though, only Cat or Angry Bear can change their actions. If Angry Bear gets away with it, remember that it's not your fault and you are 100% justified to be pissed. In my eyes, I found that pushing Cat is only necessary if it's a big deal and I simply stopped caring if she made bad decisions over stupid stuff.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[DASHIE]

I can be pissed, believe me I know, but it's counterproductive.  I'll try to engage him.  

Like reverse psychology stuff?  I should let Misha try, she does that stuff better.  I get frusterated, then I'm distracting him as he tries to calm me down.

He just always says, 'just a sec' or something then 10 min later...

[/DASHIE]

Hmm, Whenever nihi gets out of focus from his work and being ignorant about it I usually go and force to take over to stop what he is currently doing that distracts him severely.

He gets the message and usually Submits. I do not know if this will work on you guys though.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've read about a lot of methods explaining how to make my tulpa's personality, but most of them involve me having to go search up a list of personality traits (Which is 600+ traits), reading what each of them means, choosing a handful of them, and then "giving" them to my tulpa through different means. This just feels extremely tedious and drawn out. Is there a more simple way of personality forcing, that works just as effectively?

You'll get the following response nowadays: don't bother personality forcing, they'll create their own. I didn't and they are all wonderful. While Misha had one or two bad ones at frist, we were easily able to dissuade her with attention and love.

I agree with Angry Bear. Personality forcing is kind of an outdated practice and a relic of a culture most of the community seems to be moving away from. What you can do is think of positive values for your tulpa, and teach them why those values are important, like a parent would do with a child, but overall allowing their personality to develop on its own. Most personality forcing is temporary anyway, so I think just letting them develop at their own pace with some positive guidance through teaching is more meaningful than just "you are this, you are this, now be this." That's not how most people's personalities develop, anyway.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

search up a list of personality traits (Which is 600+ traits), reading what each of them means,

Sounds like advice for a literal alien.

Personality forcing isn't stupid anymore: Think of what kind of person you want your tulpa to be, and imagine how they'd react to/feel about different ideas and scenarios. Once they're sentient, "personality forcing" if it was done at all is simply replaced by your tulpa learning about themselves and becoming a more well-rounded individual, since they tend to start off as a blank slate experience-wise. As I saw with my tulpas, they can absolutely be unique and interesting individuals to begin with, but getting some actual life experience (through switching/fronting, in our case) made them grow as people in ways we'd never really thought of. In some ways, despite them being "people" just fine in their early years (before we knew about tulpas or switching), it feels like that was their childhood. They weren't literally children, or particularly immature, but it does feel like they're more mature after experiencing life for themselves outside interactions between each other.

While it's not exactly "personality forcing" anymore once they're relatively independent/sentient, it is the logical next step in their development as individuals to simply experience new experiences, and form opinions and general thoughts on new things. Switching (or possession I'd imagine) helps immensely, but it is possible if your system doesn't want to do those for them to have new experiences in other ways. Immersive wonderlanding (more than just basic interaction like in our system, say "adventuring" or interacting with a living/changing wonderland), in-depth or frequent discussions with the host (easier if they simply talk about things happening in your life, but could be brought up as individual conversation ideas), and if possible lucid dreaming would all suffice.

It's not necessarily necessary though. You and them will probably still feel like they're perfectly well developed at an early point in their lives. I did too, but I'm just saying, you'd be surprised just how much growth is left when looking back years later.. Turns out tulpas are people, and all people will keep growing as people for as long as they live.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic