JGC's Thread

Jamie

These are all the rage and I wanted one. Lumi started it. 

Will probably flesh this out later but at the same time, you know how that works. 

Questions, comments, criticisms, and considerations welcomed. Our PMs are also always open, including to newbies or lurkers. 

Pies I (Jamie) have a finger in:

• The overall nature of tulpas, headmates in general, and identity in general
  • Special considerations of introducing tulpamancy to newcomers in a way to maximize success and health
  • How systems become disorderly-behaving and what the disorderly systems themselves, what their friends/contacts, and what the community as a whole can do about it
  • "Help! I think I might have OSDD/DID! I think I might be a traumagenic system! I think I might be splitting a new headmate! I think I might be switching uncontrollably!" - both in regards to the asker, and to those who are unsure how to respond to people with these concerns

Baskets my brother Gavin has an egg in:

• The nature of support-systems, and relationships in general, between hosts and the tulpas or other headmates
  • The topic of dissipation- he has written the first and only full-length guide we are aware of 
  • The nature of (mental) forms, including the viability of not having one
  • Being brought back after long absences/periods of dormancy/stasis/dissipation 

Fires that my (tulpa) brother Cassidy has an iron in:

• The nature of existence as a tulpa, especially in regards to early development and "becoming real"
  • The role of the host
  • Life fulfillment as a non-host headmate
  • Wonderland development

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Given cats are best animal, what is your stance on cats? (Careful, there is only one correct stance on this.)

As in the words of HP Lovecraft: 

https://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx

A cat, however, is never without the potentialities of contentment. Like a superior man, he knows how to be alone and happy. Once he looks about and finds no one to amuse him, he settles down to the task of amusing himself; and no one really knows cats without having occasionally peeked stealthily at some lively and well-balanced kitten which believes itself to be alone. Only after such a glimpse of unaffected tail-chasing grace and unstudied purring can one fully understand the charm of those lines which Coleridge wrote with reference to the human rather than the feline young

“. . . a limber elf,
Singing, dancing to itself.”

But whole volumes could be written on the playing of cats, since the varieties and aesthetic aspects of such sportiveness are infinite. Be it sufficient to say that in such pastimes many cats have exhibited traits and actions which psychologists authentically declare to be motivated by genuine humour and whimsicality in its purest sense; so that the task of ‘making a cat laugh’ may not be so impossible a thing even outside the borders of Cheshire. In short, a dog is an incomplete thing. Like an inferior man, he needs emotional stimuli from outside, and must set something artificial up as a god and motive. The cat, however, is perfect in himself. Like the human philosopher, he is a self-sufficient entity and microcosm. He is a real and integrated being because he thinks and feels himself to be such, whereas the dog can conceive of himself only in relation to something else. Whip a dog and he licks your hand—faugh! The beast has no idea of himself except as an inferior part of an organism whereof you are a superior part—he would no more think of striking back at you than you would think of pounding your own head when it punishes you with a headache. But whip a cat and watch it glare and move backward hissing in outraged dignity and self-respect! One more blow, and it strikes you in return; for it is a gentleman and your equal, and will accept no infringement on its personality and body of privileges. It is only in your house anyway because it wishes to be, or perhaps even as a condescending favour to yourself. It is the house, not you, it likes; for philosophers realise that human beings are at best only minor adjuncts to scenery. Go one step too far, and it leaves you altogether. You have mistaken your relationship to it and imagined you are its master, and no real cat can tolerate that breach of good manners. Henceforward it will seek companions of greater discrimination and clearer perspective.

Our Thread

huh, I forgot Gavin wrote the dissipation guide

you guys are a good (and kinda unexpected) balancing to the community, it is appreciated

I guess just so you have a productive question to answer, I'll ask:

You put "my brother Gavin", but "my (tulpa) brother Cassidy", do you wanna explain that?

I know Gavin is like the other three in our system while Cassidy is like me ("tulpas" that kinda came into existence vs. tulpa created on purpose), but is he really different enough to specifically not call a tulpa?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

That's a good question. Gavin did actually call himself a tulpa briefly,  when he very first came back after 4 years of not being around, and Cassidy was just a few months old. Then he half-jokingly called himself a chalupa for a while. Then he would call himself an alter, but now he shies away from that.  

There's a book called What's Left of Me that we read in early middle school when Gavin was young, and for a long time it was one of our only "role model"s/references for plurality. In the series, everyone is born with two souls/minds, but one becomes dominant and the other recessive. The recessive soul stops using the body and eventually just disappears before the age of 10. As you might imagine, the book is about a body in which this doesn't happen, and the recessive soul, while initially unable to control the body, has always existed. 

Our general definition of tulpas involves a creation process outside of early childhood. Gavin considers early childhood to have created him,  even if he played the part of a "recessive soul." I didn't make Gavin. Gavin just happened, in the same manner as I just happened, even though Gavin isn't host. He's not an "accidental tulpa" in his eyes anymore than I am. 

Cassidy, on the other hand, was created by a process other than early childhood. Namely, I literally sat down and said "I'm going to make a tulpa now." Sometimes people have asked,  how can I tell alters from tulpas in my system? There's 0 confusion. I very explicitly made Cassidy. You sit down to make a tulpa, you tulpaforce, the result is a tulpa.

In practice, are they different? Mm, sometimes. But it's probably more the difference between being a 6ish year old headmate (arguably older, or younger) and a 2-year-old headmate. And just their personalities. Gavin is mentally stronger. Cassidy typically falls asleep/dormant in wonderland before my body falls asleep. He gets mentally tired between 8pm and 10pm (we bodily go to sleep around 11pm) and will come and get Gavin and they say prayers and then Cassidy gets in bed in wonderland and he's "asleep" until tomorrow. Gavin never sleeps outside of bodily sleep-  he can stay mentally alert, talking with me, just monologing within himself, til kingdom come, just like me. But we predict this is more that Cassidy is still a little young. 

In regards to tulpa discussion, sometimes Gavin fits, usaully not. I can't usaully think about him when talking about forcing. I didn't build him like I built Cassidy. But at the same time, he is a non-host headmate. He was arguably host for a few years, however...

Gavin is closer to what I am than to what Cassisy is. He doesn't consider himself a product of tulpamancy. 

Our Thread

If you're answering questions, why is the sky blue while plants are green. Shouldn't plants be blue? Just for the sake of aesthetic. Also, I think red, yellow, blue and orange plants should be way more prevalent. Please give your take on the general aesthetic of nature and Earth. If rainbows can be rainbow color, why not plants and animals?

I am answering questions, however I... kinda intended this to be in the general realm of tulpamancy... There's a list of high-interest topics for each of us in the OP.

I wish I could just answer, "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm colorblind." My old friend who was red-green colorblind thought my bright green hair was grayish blondish. But I'm not colorblind.

I think my favorite aesthetic is pale yellow leaves, deep green grass, and blue sky coming through between the maple trees.

Rainbows happen because of light shennanagins, not because of pigment. You can see it on fish sometimes, too. And oily snotty creatures. And bug wings. Look harder for rainbows: you can find them. 

I'll leave you with one of my favorite poems. 

Nature rarer uses yellow
Than another hue;
Saves she all of that for sunsets,—
Prodigal of blue,

Spending scarlet like a woman,
Yellow she affords
Only scantly and selectly,
Like a lover's words.

Our Thread

• 2 years later...

So Jamie, someone finally put a song up on this thread to which I could relate. Grandfather's Clock. To be sure, I haven't heard it in so long I can't remember when (and  long long before I became a tulpamancer)  However, I have been encouraging my tulpa's to sing and drum ( activities which I both love and unable to do!)  Perhaps they'll be more inclined to join in finding some songs that resonate  so deeply within me.   Thanks, Dr. Bob