How Powerful is Switching?

TB

I'd say worrying about the switch is something that gets in the way. With Aya and me, if there's some errand I need to do or anything that feels like I need to be the one to do it, we can't switch. Even though I know Aya can handle responsibilities and they even handled a day a work for me one time, still the idea that I need to handle an upcoming task gets in the way. And that's not even anxiety like you describe. 

But maybe a different switching method would also help? Our method is heavily focused on Aya who is switching in, they do a lot of thinking before hand, becoming the primary thinker, then lead the switching symbolism, then further ground themself afterwards. I do very little/nothing which helps me switch out. 

Our method:
1) Tulpa does a lot of thinking for a while until they are feeling more dominant, while host hangs back and does nothing
2) Tulpa leads the switching symbolism of slowly pulling host essence out of the body from toes to head, puts host in a bubble or in wonderland or something like that
3) Tulpa pour their own essence into the body from toe to head
4) Tulpa asserts they are in control and switched
5) Tulpa associates with the body, moving limbs and such, and further grounds by doing some thinking/writing

If Aya was unsure that they were switched in, I think it would interfere and start to pull me back in front. It also took practice for them to be able to stay in front. Initially, little things would trigger me back, and they had to learn to handle that and ground more. Just, switching isn't a miracle, a tulpa who's just learning to switch may need to figure a lot out before they feel comfortable. 

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing your method.

It is rough. I hope I can overcome things, then. Both anxiety and worrying I have no conscious control over affecting the result really sucks. I can't just make myself stop it. I just try to switch, and whatever happens along the way outside of that intention, isn't my doing but gets in the way.

I will try your method when I am feeling up for another go and see what happens.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko