Tulpa experiences amplified negative stimuli compared to other system mates

Ice909

Apologies for the confusing title, but I wanted to get straight to the point-- One of our system mates, Chloe, feels pain and general discomfort more than everyone else. What I mean is, if I, for example, stub my toe, it'll hurt more for Chloe than for me or any other system mates. Pain and general stimuli is described by my system mates a "diluted" when they aren't switched in or possessing, and if they aren't active, they generally don't feel anything. 

We first noticed this about a month or so ago, so it is a new development, but the "why is still unknown. Chloe is, for all intents and purposes, a young child, and with her feeling pain and such more than everyone else, it just... pains me to see. She deserves the least strife of all of us, yet she experiences the most. 

For reference, when I say "Chloe feels amplified pain", I don't mean that in the wonderland she feels pain, I mean if she fronts(and pain is a trigger for her, mind you), the pain physically gets worse, in the most literal of senses. She also can feel aching joints and such very clearly, whereas I and others might not notice. We haven't done tests with "positive stimuli", so to speak, because, quite frankly, what would that qualify as? A massage? All the same, she's insisting that it's only occured with negative stimuli. 

We just want answers. I don't want Chloe to have to bear this weight. I don't want to be haunted by her screaming "MAKE IT STOP!" when my wounds hurt. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone have any similar experiences? We beg for help. 

Edit: I feel like I should add context to the line "I don't want to be haunted by her screaming 'MAKE IT STOP!' when my wounds hurt." I recently fell and messed up my arm and knee pretty badly, and last night as I was getting into bed, I mistakenly put my weight on my injured knee, which as you can imagine, was insanely painful. Chloe describes what she felt as "white-hot searing pain, shooting through the whole body, making me only want to scream in agony." Thus, her screaming "MAKE IT STOP!" And let me tell you, it was utterly terrifying and heartbreaking seeing her like that. 

Edited by IceCreeper909
clarification on a certain statement

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

First, I wonder if this trend started simply because Chloe is an active fronter. We have observed in our system, headmates who are closer to the front are more likely to react to the body than those who are in the back. For example, Gray sometimes reacts to pain if he's been active where I doubt Gerodious right now would, even though he's trying to be more active. Gray and I by default seem to be close to the front because we switch in half the time. Just recently, Gerodious felt like he was having a hard time typing, and one thought for why was he hasn't possessed in awhile.

The second piece could be mindset related- being aware of the body's senses, possessing or switched-in, will make you more aware on how the body feels. Since Chloe is concerned about the body, she associates, she feels pain, and then this creates distress. Unfortunately, it looks like it's become an intrusive thought trigger- Chole feels pain, she associates with the body, she feeds her fear, and that reinforces the trigger. If this is what's going on, awareness might be the first step to resolving the issue.

It may be helpful to do a routine body scan where you focus for things like tension and pain without Chloe. We have symbolsism/a servitor for this. We will sit down and thinking about our body, try to picture our feelings and any tension in the body. For example, Gray noticed a yellow warning symbol by his wrist and he had no clue why. When he focused on his wrist, it hurt. He then realized he hurt his wrist picking up his book bag funny. Your symbolism may be slightly different, but using this tool may help you gain awareness of any pain so Chloe doesn't have to bear that responsibility on her own.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

On 8/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ranger said:

I wonder if this trend started simply because Chloe is an active fronter.

We considered that ourselves, but we quickly wrote it off because Chloe does as much or less fronting than Janey, Emily, and Layy. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ranger said:

being aware of the body's senses, possessing or switched-in, will make you more aware on how the body feels. Since Chloe is concerned about the body, she associates, she feels pain, and then this creates distress. Unfortunately, it looks like it's become an intrusive thought trigger- Chole feels pain, she associates with the body, she feeds her fear, and that reinforces the trigger.

Our thoughts exactly. We've been working to remove that association to much success, fortunately :) 

On that note, we have been slowly resolving this issue, thank God. Breaking the association between Chloe and pain is fortunately easier than we thought it'd be. In due time, I believe this issue will be fully resolved. Thank you kindly, Ranger, for your advice. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space