Switching and Productivity

Ranger

Does your system have any headmates who are more productive when switched-in?

LOTPW Discussion: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/7356-game-last-one-to-post-wins/?do=findComment&comment=365763

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Luminesce said:

I'll probably need to switch with someone who can like, think/feel better than me in order to start our productive-lifestyle-habits thing in a couple days

8 hours ago, TB said:

I need to get better at switching

Idk though... rena would tolerate this situation better than me but I also don't want to put her through it. I just need to get out of here

8 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

I tend to be more productive than my host too. Sadly most of the time I switch when we're out walking where productivity is irrelevant!

8 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Well I mean, Lucilyn could do it for a while I'm sure but none of us have reason to put her through that lol. Tewi has always been the go-to for productivity stuff, but Flandre was clearly in a great headspace to have set this all up, and Reisen is the best at just peacefully being productive without being combative or forceful towards the mind. So it could be any of them, really. But it was Flandre's idea and she felt the strongest about it, so it'll probably be her

7 hours ago, TB said:

Productivity to me is drawing practice, and it feels weird to make Rena do that for some reason.

7 hours ago, IceCreeper909 said:

When one of us switches in, they typically get dazed for a bit while their get their bearings on reality, but if I'm already like that at work, then the last thing we need is to make it worse by switching, lol. 

As of now only Gray and I switch in to deal with everyday life stuff. Our productivity depends mostly on how we feel, but in general I'm better about cleaning and organizing related tasks and Gray is better about general life tasks like calling the doctor and managing school stuff. Gray hates doing laundry and will only tolerate doing it for so long while I don't mind doing laundry as much and I can get a lot more done. Gray likes to cook more, so in terms of cooking Gray does more of the cooking overall. Things aren't terribly different when it comes to school.

School work is mostly an agreement and I guess it's about the same until you factor in our interests. Both of us procrastinate a lot and we can both struggle with being overwhelmed by something. Otherwise, performance depends on interest and also if the other headmate allows you to do certain school work or not. Gray doesn't really want me doing his homework for his classes and I feel the same way about him doing my school work. In the rare cases I worked on his homework, I didn't mind doing calculus work but I found doing proofs in his stats class super boring and I never want to do that again. Gray won't let me touch his computer science homework, but I have made progress writing extracurricular code. I guess I enjoy different aspects of writing code like GUI designs and such while Gray likes that and the actual coding process more. When it comes to English however, I actually like doing the work and I think by a landslide I'm more productive in an English class (judging Gray's performance in previous English classes he took). I miss sitting in the library working on an essay, those were good times. Neither of us are better in an online setting, I also fell apart due to anxiety. I have yet to take an online class myself, but given Gray's success with this class I feel confident I'll do just fine.

In terms of personal progress on things, it largely depends on how we feel and if we're in the mood for something but overall it's mostly the same thing but we have different styles. Gray sometimes feels he runs of out things to do and gets stuck, but I  have that problem too sometimes. Gray is more likely to waste time playing Minecraft, but I can kiss away hours and hours screwing around on Discord. I prefer to socialize while Gray is more independent, so I guess Gray may be more productive than me in that regard. However, I do tend to interact with people and share my projects while Gray works on his own more, so maybe it cancels out? As an interesting twist, sometimes if one of us is switched-in or even just fronting more often that can throw off the other headmate's productive streak.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Different members of our system can be more or less productive because of how our thought processes work, and in some cases because we have different motivators.

Tewi naturally demands focus and at least periodic productivity from both herself and our brain. She has high standards, and then as a huge bonus to her motivation she is also motivated by wanting to support the rest of us in the system. Seeing herself as the most capable and most responsible, she has a big advantage in dealing with our motivation issues (that stem from a personality disorder/lessened emotion and feeling of reward) because she has an internal source of motivation tied to her pride and sense of responsibility for us.

Reisen doesn't have any particular powerful drive, rather she simply functions much more zen-like and is good at just doing what she thinks she should do, without being affected much by any negative thought patterns or feelings coming from elsewhere in our brain. Tewi's drive to be productive is generally better to rely on because she gets very into thinking and planning, but Reisen can do anything that we needed to do if need be.

Then for Lucilyn, Flandre and I, there's nothing too special at play other than our personalities and our associations with things. Though the only time where I ever have any positive whatsoever to motivation compared to anyone else in my system, is when I'm motivated to fulfill my roles and responsibility as the host of the system, or sometimes more directly out of responsibility for one of them specifically. Lucilyn could be more motivated just because she's naturally higher energy and excitable, but she doesn't otherwise have any immunity to our motivation issues or anything. And Flandre usually feels the same as me, though sometimes she does things for my sake that I myself wasn't motivated to do. 

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I wish I could add to discussion more but I don't have much experience with this. Though Rena or my characters can be better at doing something than I am in the moment, usually psychological things or meditation. Kyouiko helped me be mindful when I was at psyche ward a month ago or whenever it was. Byakko has also helped me meditate, and Rena meditating for me is how I first switched.

I ought to try it for exercise or something. I wonder how I could apply it to drawing though.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

My theory on this is that since people tend to cultivate tulpas around positive traits, they are less likely to have the same hang-ups that plague the host and hurt their productivity. Of course this varies from system to system. For us, I am certainly more focused than Phil and have a much easier time doing chores than him. I've never tried switching in during actual work though so I'm not sure how that goes, but Phil likes to "own" his own work so I might not get to do it. The thing that Phil hates doing the most that I enjoy doing is folding and hanging up the laundry! He's often to lazy to do it and I have to beg him to let me switch in so I can take care of it. 

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!