General Suggestions Thread

ThatOneGuy

I still don't see rainbow tags

How do you expect me to talk about video games without rainbow tags?

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually found a plugin for rainbow text, but it only works in IE, so I'm not using it.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

There should be a section in the guides devoted to warnings from credible sources on the forum about tulpaforcing. Not just silly creepypasta fuel covered in the perceived dangers section--I mean things like Clair's chat log about falling asleep while forcing, or JD's account of the dangers of including a backstory and fake life for your tulpa. We've had threads about it before, but I think when we discover things like that which are of great importance and seem very credible we should add them to the guides section so that people don't have to crawl through the forums too much to get useful info like that.

There should be a section in the guides devoted to warnings from credible sources on the forum about tulpaforcing. Not just silly creepypasta fuel covered in the perceived dangers section--I mean things like Clair's chat log about falling asleep while forcing, or JD's account of the dangers of including a backstory and fake life for your tulpa. We've had threads about it before, but I think when we discover things like that which are of great importance and seem very credible we should add them to the guides section so that people don't have to crawl through the forums too much to get useful info like that.

I like this idea, and I think there's quite a few things people should legitimately try not doing. Is anyone up for compiling this stuff into a guide?

Spoiler

Okay, I forget which thread it was brought up in (may have been this one), but who is on-board for having a new forum called "Guides" that contains user-submitted guides?

Because topics like these, these, etc, are getting buried under all the questions and stuff.

Spoiler

You know, I wasn't a supporter of the guides board at first (I think I said something along the lines of thinking it was covered between progress reports and general discussion) but looking at the ratio of question threads to information threads in the general tulpa board, I think a board for people to share useful information would be a good idea. We should also make it a rule that, in said board, you can only make threads in which you're giving information (and opening it up for discussion of course) and there can't be threads of the "Can anyone tell me how to do this/what I'm doing wrong/what I should expect/does anyone have a guide for this/etc." nature. Those things should be restricted to the general board so the same thing doesn't happen to the guide board.

I'm all for a guides board. I've seen them exist on other sites and work out just fine. Generally though the guide/article was submitted to a moderator or the admin before the thread was allowed to be posted, and then if it was approved they could go ahead and put it up. Basically don't just leave the guide board open for posting whatever someone wants, and have us screen it to make sure it belongs there.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Guest Anonymous

Here's an idea: Change FAQ's member status thingy to mod.

http://tulpa.info/forums/User-FAQ-man

And if you're considering making a guide board, don't forget my 5 stages of the minds eye and tips for pony tulpas. They aren't called that though.

If the guide board does get put up you should probably PM links to the guides to Pleeb so that he knows what people want put up.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.