A question about possession

Wnature

My tulpa can't vocalize yet, and I've noticed a small problem when practicing possession lately: my cues seem to interfere with the actions of the hand possessed (for example, I want the tulpa to press the A key on the keyboard, and at this point, I want the tulpa to press the A key, so there may be a subconscious cue that causes the possessed hand to press the A key; if I divert my attention elsewhere, the hand doesn't press the A key), so I can't be sure now that the tulpa is actually involved; does anyone have a better way of solving this problem?

(i) it might actually be your tulpa possessing; it's impossible to be completely sure if a movement was done by you or your tulpa (and it's just the same issue as whether a thought is your tulpa's or yours, so same advice of "assume it's your tulpa unless you know for sure it wasn't" applies), and (ii) something that helps for me is that I will just say to myself "I'm not doing anything" and let the body move without my input. This seems to help a lot for me, at least for distinguishing movements; if it moves anyway and you don't remember having conscious input over it (other than maybe telling your tulpa to move a body part) then it was probably your tulpa.

system members:

Ivy [formerly Daemon] (host, any pronouns)
Amaba (tulpa, she/they)

Mythril (walk-in, he/him)

maybe more but those are the significant ones

8 hours ago, umbral.system said:

assume it's your tulpa unless you know for sure it wasn't" applies

Usually when I haven't told my tulpa what to do next, my Tulpa moves my hand the way I want it to, and that makes me wonder if my subconscious is interfering with the tulpa's behavior. Even then I still need to be convinced that the tulpa is actually involved?Although it feels hard to believe it's my tulpa?

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Usually when I haven't told my tulpa what to do next, my Tulpa moves my hand the way I want it to, and that makes me wonder if my subconscious is interfering with the tulpa's behavior. Even then I still need to be convinced that the tulpa is actually involved?Although it feels hard to believe it's my tulpa?

you should try to ask them if it was them when you're unsure, if that's possible for you. if you can't communicate like that clearly yet then maybe wait a bit to do possession. it's also possible that you're confusing your tulpa's thoughts of how they want to move the body for your own, and so thinking that "oh well I wanted them to move it like that" when in reality they wanted to move it like that and you just saw their thoughts (altho this might not be what's happening, if you're sure that you thought it then it probably isn't).

I'll grant that it is possible that you're subconsciously influencing them, but all you can do in that case is just try to relax and let them do their thing.

system members:

Ivy [formerly Daemon] (host, any pronouns)
Amaba (tulpa, she/they)

Mythril (walk-in, he/him)

maybe more but those are the significant ones

4 hours ago, umbral.system said:

you should try to ask them if it was them when you're unsure, if that's possible for you. if you can't communicate like that clearly yet then maybe wait a bit to do possession. it's also possible that you're confusing your tulpa's thoughts of how they want to move the body for your own, and so thinking that "oh well I wanted them to move it like that" when in reality they wanted to move it like that and you just saw their thoughts (altho this might not be what's happening, if you're sure that you thought it then it probably isn't).

I'll grant that it is possible that you're subconsciously influencing them, but all you can do in that case is just try to relax and let them do their thing.

I'll keep trying,thank you for your guidance.

23 hours ago, Vesper said:

Even then I still need to be convinced that the tulpa is actually involved?Although it feels hard to believe it's my tulpa?

((I agree with Ivy, this process is easier with communication between tulpa and host. I find it most helpful to narrate what I’m doing with my host’s hands. In your case, it may be beneficial to visualize your tulpa’s hands over your own during possession. We use both of these strategies to reinforce that I am the one in control.))

Host: Bee 🐝

Tulpas:  Lenore 🕸️ Calliope 🐲 and Athelas 🌿 ((Sometimes we talk on here too.))

Take a moment to think of just 

Flexibility, love, and trust