How to prove your Tulpa exists

malesplicer

I would suggest watching the Vsauce video about the question of whether your perception of the color red is any different from mine. It discusses the principle of complete uncertainty in the sense that I will never be able to actually see through your eyes and brain and perceive exactly what you do, so I can never know.

Until technology allows us to do that, or some sort of MRI scan of some sort that allows us to prove that a secondary, emulated conscious is being active and independent in the human mind, it won't be possible. Besides, how do you think the general public, let alone the scientific community, would react to a suggestion for tulpa-related experiments? Not well. People don't like strange. Not in their politics, not in their culture, and not in their science.

And besides, there really isn't a large necessity for tulpae to be a proven fact, seeing as how our limited but growing community has no problem with them, in general.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be possible to detect differences in brain function between someone who has a tulpa and someone who does not through the use of MRI or similar technology, but beyond that there isn't really a quantifiable method of measuring the impact that a tulpa can have on the human mind.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I think the only way to do it would take hundreds of volunteers, hundreds of brain scans, and lots of trust.

my Idea would be something like:

Various people with tulpas take a brain scan not talking to their tulpa, talking to their tulpa, not talking to their tulpa but with their tulpa imposed, talking to their imposed tulpa ETC ETC.

and those brain scans are compared to those of say, a person talking on a phone, not talking on a phone, standing with someone in the same room, talking to a person in the same room

but thats just my two cents

“Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around.”

Proving tulpas to be real scientifically will take quite a while and a lot of money, and the reaction from the public wouldn't be good. As far as I can tell, there's no one in the community with a lot of resources, so getting the right equipment and test subjects to do this wouldn't be easy. Also there's going to be those people that think that it's unethical or that we're insane. With every new thing there's always going to be fear mongering, and it will take a while before people actually start accepting tulpas.

Ahh cool, I didn't see the previous thread, thanks Nobillis.

I do believe that as a community that there are at least some experiments we could design with meager budgets and whatnot to empirically study the phenomena. Experiments that we would be able to tell the rest of us about and see if there are repeatable results.

Come to think of it, the Guides on tulpa creation that get results may be a valid example of such an experiment. There are a lot of ways different experiments can be carried out without spending the big bucks or using MRIs.

I care about this for a couple reasons.

First, I want to know what has been and can even be done with this scientifically. Because for me, the human imagination is fascinating and the implications of it's use are something I care about. The ways it can be used to create and shape our world are staggering in it's implications and I feel too many people take it for granted or disrespect it entirely. Also Tulpas and thought forms could even be used to learn more about how the brain itself works and possibly help people understand and work with mental trauma and personality disorders. If there were more across the board interpretations of the practice of making a tulpa it may be something that could validly help people as a psychological tool.

Second, as a community that has dedicated the practice to learn about it for science, we should know more about what we can do to approach the subject more scientifically.

Heads up about me personally, I am not saying the site has to be this way, I like it just the way it is. I just want to know more about tulpa creation with all it's implications and I am looking to create a a more subtle structure for myself (or ideally, all of us) to understand it better. Ya know, give it a farther scope or a deeper perspective.

~Wielder of the Sacred Spatula~