Q&A Moderation

waffles

Private research is a waste though because you could achieve the exact same results by documenting it separately and the private messaging your circlejerk to your special friends who you're being super secret with. Or even make your own IRC chat for that or something.

There is no reason to have private research. If you are researching, and you want to put said research on the web, on a site that is trying to be as open and transparent as possible, then you can't have a super secret cool kids club because you're afraid someone might disagree on your findings. Research is meant to be challenged anyway. Privatizing a subforum that is meant to be open so people can share ideas and learn from one another is a waste on website resources.

While private messaging is something totally different. If you want to talk to someone, just one person, and neither of you feel comfortable enough to give out private things about yourself to talk on different mediums like Facebook or Skype, you wouldn't make an entire thread to talk to them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private research is a waste though because you could achieve the exact same results by documenting it separately and the private messaging your circlejerk to your special friends who you're being super secret with. Or even make your own IRC chat for that or something.

There is no reason to have private research. If you are researching, and you want to put said research on the web, on a site that is trying to be as open and transparent as possible, then you can't have a super secret cool kids club because you're afraid someone might disagree on your findings. Research is meant to be challenged anyway. Privatizing a subforum that is meant to be open so people can share ideas and learn from one another is a waste on website resources.

While private messaging is something totally different. If you want to talk to someone, just one person, and neither of you feel comfortable enough to give out private things about yourself to talk on different mediums like Facebook or Skype, you wouldn't make an entire thread to talk to them.

It's not a waste, really. They'd come here as the place they go for tulpa rather than two places. Bad argument, because it can be used on many things. "This is a waste because you could also do it in this way." The board doesn't need to be so minimizing so that only things that strictly need to take space at suchandsuch place on the board should only be there. That's a big can of worms to open anyway, can't just take one out. People who talk to the same group of people on the board could be told they must just PM each other to save space (I guess PMs aren't stored anywhere?), when that's doin' too much because it would be no big deal to let them continue. The whole "super secret kids club" and "afraid someone might disagree with your findings" stuff is just a way to make it more ridiculous than it actually is. If it matters so much that the site is "meant to be open and as transparent as possible" then it would make no difference if it was private elsewhere (like in PM), and the other private boards would be no different. At least one looks owner-planted, too. He has deviated, and there's nothing wrong with deviation itself.

Share ideas, learn from each other - they could still learn from each other. What is it, a 2 person circle? In order to be consistent you'd have to frown at places on here that don't have many participants in the first place (but the participants that /are/ there still want to use it), and request it be taken down or something.

You'd also have to put a limit on how many people can be ignored while you're in a thread, because if you can't see what they say, same difference.

You also seem to imply that sending private messages back and forth uses up a considerably less amount of space than being on a thread does. I mean, if you can prove this is true and not a baseless assertion, I'd take that point away, but I don't think that's true.

So far, I still think it's just nitpicking where you gather up multiple small arguments, pump them up to make them more significant, and go as if you have this big case and serious reason to disallow something.

So, the subforum wouldn't be viewable to everyone. That deviation seems allowable. There's plenty of other transparent research to work on (if people are actually working on perfecting it at all and not just mentioning quality for this particular argument) and it's not like metaphysical subjects can be used to present the scientific side of this forum anyway. You'd not put it to use for that even if it was open.

My lip hurts.

Guest MegaBusta

We need more private boards so I can be a special snowflake with my own special board.

So...a circlejerk between two people, couldn't be conducted within the confines of PMs? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Just say it's between two people, no need to be a smart aleck about it. It could, not that it matters. Unless you've gathered the answer to my question proving that it does.

My lip hurts.

The hidden moderator boards are stupid as well. The one the moderators use to talk shit behind our backs, that's useless and fucks with transparency again.

You actually want to read the hundred or so "Post reported for spam" messages? My gosh. I honestly wouldn't care if admin' posts were all public - we'd very quickly having everybody say "why do we have to see all this boring administration junk?". All the interesting stuff Pleeb already publishes publicly anyway, and just puts links to it in the Admin' board as a reminder for staff.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

If those "post reported for spam" messages also include shit like "post reported for making me cry" or mods talking shit behind our backs, I totally would. Stories go that there's some pretty juicy stuff in private mod things, IRC or otherwise.

And yeah there's really nothing else I can say to Yori except that I don't think they have any idea what they're talking about, but it's funny anyways. Or maybe because of that.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)