Tulpa Fail-safes?

Against a tulpa? I suppose if the host were to dissipate it, that would be pretty against the tulpa... Not that that's really an advisable thing to do... To actually answer this I think I'd need the whole story...

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

The mind itself. If a tulpa gets harmful, dissipate it.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Well, if you are worried that the tulpa will turn against him, don't. Unless he is intentionally making the tulpa evil, they will not be evil, and will not harm him. If it helps you sleep at night all he would have to do is forget/ignore them. I don't know how well versed you are, but there would be nothing that you could do to get rid of a tulpa directly. Just like arcanemagic said, we would need the whole story to be able to really help, and it's not really an advisable thing to do. Also if he wants to dissipate them so bad, why make one in the first place?

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

My friend decided he wanted to force a tulpa after spending some time on 4chan's /x/ board. He did a lot of research on the subject and read everything carefully enough, and I made sure he understood the material, so I believe he has the knowledge to do it right, but I'm not sure he has the maturity to use all of it effectively. A few years ago, I accidentally forced a tulpa and, based on the state of mind and body I was in at the time, I know he will find it very difficult. If he persists though, he will definitely succeed.

In truth, I don't really have any concerns for my friend or the tulpa. The worst I expect to happen is either a long developmental stage or a servitor as an end result. I will likely have no reason to assert a level of control that would allow me to cause him to dissipate a harmful tulpa. The only reason I am even asking about this is because my own tulpa and I have agreed that we need to always have a contingency plan whenever possible for the worst case scenario. Although 99.9% of the time, there is never any reason to put one into effect, there were a few occasions in which these plans have saved either the career paths or the lives of myself and others. This is just me researching the subject the best I can so I can formulate the most effective plan possible.

In this case, the worst case scenario would be a harmful tulpa. The logical response would be to destroy it before it causes further harm to my friend or others. For these purposes I'm assuming my friend is either unwilling or unable to destroy it himself in his current state.

Uh...Okay. I'll try to clear up what I can out of this.

In truth, I don't really have any concerns for my friend or the tulpa. The worst I expect to happen is either a long developmental stage or a servitor as an end result. I will likely have no reason to assert a level of control that would allow me to cause him to dissipate a harmful tulpa.

Can't a tulpa only become harmful unless you basically treat them like shit or purposefully make them that way? Plus they can't really "harm" harm you, and even if they could they'd be hurting themselves by doing so because THEY'RE A PART OF YOU. You're the whole reason that they exist in the first place and if something happens to you, they go too.

The only reason I am even asking about this is because my own tulpa and I have agreed that we need to always have a contingency plan whenever possible for the worst case scenario. Although 99.9% of the time, there is never any reason to put one into effect, there were a few occasions in which these plans have saved either the career paths or the lives of myself and others. This is just me researching the subject the best I can so I can formulate the most effective plan possible.

What are these plans? How busy is your life that requires you to make these plans in the first place? The way you put it makes me think that everyone you know is constantly in danger.

In this case, the worst case scenario would be a harmful tulpa. The logical response would be to destroy it before it causes further harm to my friend or others. For these purposes I'm assuming my friend is either unwilling or unable to destroy it himself in his current state.

Like I mentioned before, a tulpa is a part of you. If they tried to kill you they'd basically be committing suicide because you share your body with them in a way. If you die, they die too. Another reason as to why they can't hurt you is because they don't have a physical body. they can't pick things up, they can't throw things at you, they can't kick you in the balls because they aren't physically there. Also, what do you mean by your friends "current state?" Does he have some sort of condition? You mentioned earlier that he probably doesn't have the maturity to make a tulpa correctly, because if that's the case then there could be a few problems. You should not, and I repeat, SHOULD NOT make a tulpa unless you know that you're mature enough and know why you're doing it in the first place. Kiahdaj's guide goes deeper into this.

It sounds like you did research on what tulpas are and how to make one, but not what they're capable of and how they behave. You and your friend should either do more research than you initially did and wait until your lives are stable enough to focus on it properly, or just not do it at all. If I'm wrong, could you please explain what's exactly going on a bit more?

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

Okay, first you say

The worst I expect to happen is either a long developmental stage or a servitor as an end result.

Then you say

my own tulpa and I have agreed that we need to always have a contingency plan whenever possible for the worst case scenario.

In this case, the worst case scenario would be a harmful tulpa.

I thought you just said that the worst case scenario would be a long developmental stage or a servitor as an end result?

If you're NOT repeat NOT talking metaphysics, then your fail safe would be a hotline to an asylum for the mentally unstable if this dissociation causes your friend to sabotage you or your friends' careers or threaten their lives. Let the men in white take him away. (Or get a restraining order, file a police complaint, or something--because you might not be able to get your friend committed unless you're related or something.)

If you ARE talking metaphysics, then the pioneer tulpamancer Alexandra David-Neel wrote about how she absorbed the tulpa that other people were seeing, and Dion Fortune wrote her book Psychic Self-Defense about how an "artificial elemental" that was basically a wolf-shaped tulpa she created out of her anger, she was able to re-absorb. But in this case this thread should probably be moved over to the Metaphysics board.

What are these plans? How busy is your life that requires you to make these plans in the first place? The way you put it makes me think that everyone you know is constantly in danger.

This particular habit is actually something my tulpa developed last year for ROTC that pretty much carried me through my tactical duties in Ranger School. It's gotten me and others through some rather unfavorable and even outright dangerous situations.

Now that I don't have very many things like that to face at this point, I do it more for the sake of keeping it sharp than regular necessity just so it'll be there when I take the next step toward my career goals.

And yea, I'll admit it's pretty overkill until someone needs it.

Also, what do you mean by your friends "current state?" Does he have some sort of condition?

As far as I know, he's just got Asberger's. Nothing serious. I'm referring to this worst case scenario in which he loses it, starts attacking people, ends up a basket case, or winds up someone else. Maybe more than one of these things.

I'm perfectly aware that they're inclined to get along and nothing even remotely close to this is likely to happen. This is just a "here's a hopeless impossibility that everyone mutually agrees can't be solved. Let's solve it!" deal. Nobody is willing to conceive that it can get that bad, but I wouldn't have thought of everything if I didn't acknowledge the unthinkable.

Obviously, I wouldn't even consider such an obscure possibility when pressed for time, but since time seems to be something I've got plenty of, I can consider these complex possibilities which would not only prepare me to face a tangled mess like this, but any individual element of it.

I'll move on to the next worst possibility (he's willing to kill it but not able) only once I've established that this would be a no win scenario period with no possibility of damage control. I haven't done that yet, so until (and a little bit after) then, you guys are my think tank. :)

in this case this thread should probably be moved over to the Metaphysics board.

Their input would probably be interesting to analyze and I'll admit this post seems a little out of place here. I'm only interested in the science behind it though, which I could probably pick out with some time and effort; but the Research board will already have science laid out for me conveniently leaving me only with cross referencing to do...

You're right--perhaps it would be better if it were moved to the Research or Metaphysics board.

You mentioned earlier that he probably doesn't have the maturity to make a tulpa correctly, because if that's the case then there could be a few problems. You should not, and I repeat, SHOULD NOT make a tulpa unless you know that you're mature enough and know why you're doing it in the first place. Kiahdaj's guide goes deeper into this.

It sounds like you did research on what tulpas are and how to make one, but not what they're capable of and how they behave. You and your friend should either do more research than you initially did and wait until your lives are stable enough to focus on it properly, or just not do it at all. If I'm wrong, could you please explain what's exactly going on a bit more?

Usually having this disposition encourages elitism, ageism, and other sorts of discrimination where people uphold some grandiose delusion that if they fit this spectrum, they’re special snowflakes capable of dealing with tulpas in the first place.

There are several threads that cover topics like age and maturity, and others debating whether or not they’re prerequisites in creating a tulpa. It’s a circumstantial matter, and judging by how you’re using a few guides as your conceptual roadmap, and probably also your moral compass, you’ll realize that clinging onto a few opinions of others will eventually become subjective, and not the absolute true you have to sustain to make yourself feel you can endure through it all.

There are people that have the emotional resilience and mental capacity to overcome any circumstance when it comes to tulpas, and any potential of self-discovery and coming to terms with themselves and their tulpas, and still go through issues and challenges. Whether it’s an older individual that has more resilience for anything that may be traumatic, or a younger individual who people presume to be inherently capable of making a tulpa (but could also go through a learning experience of rising to the challenges with them), it’s all subjective, and there’s no need to preach dogmatic do’s and do not’s.

Just because people offer their opinions of what could happen if a person assesses themselves a certain way with tulpas doesn’t necessarily mean it will inevitably happen. And if we want to go deeper into self-fulfilling prophecies with treating them as sentient beings and what have you, one’s expectations, even with doubts, may end up being something they’re creating themselves, albeit predispositions and behaviors they probably won’t even be aware of (e.g. unconscious thoughts, actions).

We don’t really have an objective way to gauge out how tulpas will react; just like human nature, it’s unpredictable. This can be both an epiphany, or a recipe for disaster depending on how the person handles themselves in their tulpa endeavors.